The Fish are not loading up for Tua

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

They have 2 #1 picks next year.  They will get their quarterback in next years draft or trade for one. Tua better really show something or he is toast.  

That does appear to be their plan.

Tua for now, prove it.

Draft Pick next year if he doesn't.

Their picks likely won't be too too high (their own and 49'ers), but could be enough ammo to move up for the #1 QB depending.

14 hours ago, PS17 said:

I agree that they’re not loading up for Tua. They have some good draft ammo if they want to go the rookie route in 2023. Or use that capital to trade for a veteran who can make them a contender.

Unless they lose those picks due to the whole throwing games for cash debacle. They have 2 firsts next year that’s a start. I think your right they will have another QB pending Tua ‘s play. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok Nostradamus. Who will they be cutting and what are they trading to make this happen.  

I mean just when you thought the off-season threads couldn't get any worse. 

Sorry my thread isnt up to your standards.

He will be a FA next year.  they dont need to trade to acquire him.  they could trade tua if he has a good year tho.

5 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Sorry my thread isnt up to your standards.

He will be a FA next year.  they dont need to trade to acquire him.  they could trade tua if he has a good year tho.

Like I said, who are they cutting or do you think Tom is taking the Vet Minimum.  His contract will likely be in the 40 to 50 Million a year range.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Like I said, who are they cutting or do you think Tom is taking the Vet Minimum.  His contract will likely be in the 40 to 50 Million a year range.

mmmmmm not quite what you said.....

are you really questioning how a team can fit a big contract under the cap in a given year?  I gave you more credit than that.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok Nostradamus. Who will they be cutting and what are they trading to make this happen.  

I mean just when you thought the off-season threads couldn't get any worse. 

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Looks like I gave you more credit than I should have also

Read my op again. 

There you go, no trades needed.

Listen, I dont want to see him back in the AFCE, especially with a loaded offense but him going to the fish makes a lot of sense when it comes to him imo.

7 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

There you go, no trades needed.

Listen, I dont want to see him back in the AFCE, especially with a loaded offense but him going to the fish makes a lot of sense when it comes to him imo.

Ok, if you want to ignore what I asked before I included the trade question because I wasn't  sure when his contract was up, go ahead