Which team that made a big trade or paid big money for free agents will do a face plant!

Not all the teams that traded for superstars and paid big prices for free agents will accomplish their goal of winning the Super Bowl. In fact only 1 of them will so that will leave 31 other unhappy teams and quite a few teams unhappy with the players they bought. I think the best candidate for a face plant is the Dolphins. They paid a lot for Hill so he can stay home with all his distractions present. Armstead could easily be injured for half the season again. Tua will now have more pressure on him. New coach. New system. Face Plant coming. They still will probably be better than the Jets but maybe not. Denver is my second choice for a face plant.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I could see that, definitely.  They're a pretty good roster all told tho, so never know.

The Raiders are my pick, they paid alot for Adams to end up finishing 4th in their Division in 2022, lol.

I love what the Raiders did and the subtraction of Hill might be the thing that gets them over the top.   Chandler Jones is a beast at getting to the QB.  

• Upvote 1

Surprised no mention of MIA yet.  In what world does adding Tyreek Hill allow them to either: 

a) beat out BUF for the division title

b) make the wild card

I think they are locking into that nice 7-10, 8-9 zone.  Maybe they'll surprise, but I don't see it yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I love what the Raiders did and the subtraction of Hill might be the thing that gets them over the top.   Chandler Jones is a beast at getting to the QB.  

Agree with this. 

Davante wants to be there and play with Carr.

Max Crosby + Chandler Jones 

People forgetting they still have Darren Waller. Redzone/Third down going to be a nightmare accounting for both of them.

• Upvote 2

First team I thought of was the Jaguars. They spent a lot of $$$$ on who I think are mediocre players. Miami, the Raiders and Denver? They all got better imo.
BTW All this dumping on the Dolphins is such a bunch of BS. We would’ve been elated at the prospect of getting Hill to pair with Wilson, and to knock them for doing it with Tua as their QB is a joke.
In what world is Wilson a better QB than Tua, other than the hope and dream filled one here on JN?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

First team I thought of was the Jaguars. They spent a lot of $$$$ on who I think are mediocre players. Miami, the Raiders and Denver? They all got better imo.
BTW All this dumping on the Dolphins is such a bunch of BS. We would’ve been elated at the prospect of getting Hill to pair with Wilson, and to knock them for doing it with Tua as their QB is a joke.
In what world is Wilson a better QB than Tua, other than the hope and dream filled one here on JN?

Hill wasn't going to make us a playoff team either.  

MIA got 'better'.  They are not going to be better than BUF or any of the AFCW teams.  I'd say they are in the mix with PIT, BAL, NE and IND and whoever is last place in the AFCW for the last wild card.  But I see nothing about them that suggests they will improve on their 9-8 record even with Hill.

And yes...this suggest that I see little to no reason to expect the Jets to compete for a wild card this year.

Free Agents only.. Dolphins. They're talking easy path to winning the division and legit Superbowl contender. Their fans think they're up there with the Bucs, Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, Rams and Packers now. I think they actually regress. A 1 year coordinator who's hailed as a boy wonder when working under an actual, solid offensive mind. It's a lot harder out on your own. Hill is not the dominant receiver they think he is.. Their offensive line is a mess and counting on Mostert for anything other than being injured is a big jump. 

I'd say Jags, but you can't face plant when the expectations already have you in a puddle of dirty water. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Hill wasn't going to make us a playoff team either.  

MIA got 'better'.  They are not going to be better than BUF or any of the AFCW teams.  I'd say they are in the mix with PIT, BAL, NE and IND and whoever is last place in the AFCW for the last wild card.  But I see nothing about them that suggests they will improve on their 9-8 record even with Hill.

And yes...this suggest that I see little to no reason to expect the Jets to compete for a wild card this year.

I think we’re pretty much on the same page here, because I don’t disagree with a thing you said here.
I’m not sure how many wins Hill will translate to because I don’t know how good Miami actually is. They went 1-7 then completely flipped the script last year, almost winning out after that. Are they that good, that bad, or somewhere in between?

The question in this thread though was “which team will face plant?” While I don’t see Miami winning more than 10 games, I don’t see them face planting either.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Can you imagine if the Fish had stood pat and drafted Herbert instead of Tanking for Tua? Which could still cost them draft picks. The owner should be fired for this one. I really really hope they go down in flames.

Can you imagine if we kept our 3 second round picks in ‘18 instead of Sucking for Sam, stood pat and drafted Josh Allen?

You realize we tried to tank for Sam and Zach, don’t you?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Can you imagine if the Fish had stood pat and drafted Herbert instead of Tanking for Tua? Which could still cost them draft picks. The owner should be fired for this one. I really really hope they go down in flames.

Can you imagine if the Jets had stood pat and draft Allen instead of Tanking for Darnold? 

• Haha 1

Trubisky wasn't a "big" move and he didn't get big money. He's a bridge/stopgap QB who isn't making much.

As far as "big" trades the one that will obviously fail is Wentz in DC. Like, zero chance whatsoever that works.

As far as trades that actually have upside and could work but I suspect won't I'll throw Watson in Cleveland on the list. Something about Cleveland is toxic and clearly Watson himself has a fairly toxic cloud hanging over him. For that to click, it'll be an upset.

I'm surprised so many are down on Russell to the Broncos. I think that's a home run -- I don't know if they win a Super Bowl given how loaded that division is but I'll take them to finish second in the AFC West and make the playoffs year one.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Can you imagine if we kept our 3 second round picks in ‘18 instead of Sucking for Sam, stood pat and drafted Josh Allen?

You realize we tried to tank for Sam and Zach, don’t you?

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Can you imagine if the Jets had stood pat and draft Allen instead of Tanking for Darnold? 

With Bowles and Mac at the helm I'm pretty confident Allen busts here. You never know, of course, but I have a lot of respect for what Beane and McDermott have built in Buffalo and how they've developed Allen who did not light the world on fire at first and was clearly a project.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

With Bowles and Mac at the helm I'm pretty confident Allen busts here. You never know, of course, but I have a lot of respect for what Beane and McDermott have built in Buffalo and how they've developed Allen who did not light the world on fire at first and was clearly a project.

100% Agree.

My point there was to point out the hypocrisy(for lack of a better word) of the post I answered.

• Upvote 2