Which team that made a big trade or paid big money for free agents will do a face plant!

Nixhead

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Not a free agent but ...

Browns ... there is no close second ... effect might not be visible this year ... but the D. Watson trade will doom them for 15 years.

I gotta agree on this one.

50 minutes ago, peebag said:

Steelers have a sound organization.  They'll muddle through with Trubisky and draft a QB.

They'll be ok.

Yea, I know. I was making a lame joke.

Honestly I think the Packers are screwed. Paid it all on Rodgers

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I could see that, definitely.  They're a pretty good roster all told tho, so never know.

The Raiders are my pick, they paid alot for Adams to end up finishing 4th in their Division in 2022, lol.

The Raiders are stacked on both sides of the ball . When you have Te D Waller ( one best Te) d Adams one best wr’s , and Hunter Renfrow  .    With trade of t Hill the Raiders weapons surpass the Chiefs weapons. B Edwards time for  for him to step up.  Demarcus Robinson ( Ed chief ) , and Tyron Johnson speed wr to stretch the field.    Raiders are loaded at Rb.      The Raiders started one of the youngest offense line last year Rt is the question mark.     J Elumenor who didn’t fit Cable measurements played Rt for this new staff .  

The Raiders upgraded their defense big time .  Chandler Jones and Max x Crosby  are best book end des in the AFC West( that saying something with Des in this division)   Their lb corps d Perryman ( pro bowl lb)  Devine Deablo ( has chance to be a superstar ) Signed Jayon Brown .   Secondary was upgraded as they added a lot of Cb’s who speciality is man to man .   Raiders special teams punter and kicker are top notch.  Tyron Johnson kr, Darius Phillips ( ex bengal) pr ( free h Renfrow off special teams.   The Raiders are winning the AFC West .

• Upvote 1

I don't think of these teams as being super bowl or bust. So, I dont see any of them falling flat on their face.

Framing the question as which team do i think will underperform? I’d say the Browns. Watson in that division, in December, in the cold, with high winds - let’s see how he performs. I think they’ll make the playoffs. I just dont think Watson will perform to the level they expect.

1) Miami. They paid Hill a ton of money and they’ll still finish 2nd place in the division. Bills beat KC last year with Mahomes throwing to Hill. Imagine Buffalo playing Hill with Tua throwing it? Pfft.

2) Browns. Watson is good but not great. And he hasn’t thrown a football (competitively) in over a year and a half. And he might still be suspended.

I think Denver might actually be good. Their defense has good players and Russ Wilson is no joke.

It's been covered pretty well, but Jags and Dolphins both gave away the kitchen sink and neither are locks to compete for the playoffs (Dolphins are more likely).

Both teams might have set themselves backwards long term. However, Doug Pederson might be just what the Jags needed to jumpstart.

Jaguars.  They spent a ton, overspent a ton

Denver because I think theres a small window due to whats left in Wilson and I dont think they move up from the 4th spot in that division

I like what the Colts did, acquiring Matt Ryan for a 3rd round pick. That's what the Browns SHOULD HAVE DONE. Alas, Marcus Mariota and the Falcons will probably have a better season than the Browns. 

22 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

First team I thought of was the Jaguars. They spent a lot of $$$$ on who I think are mediocre players. Miami, the Raiders and Denver? They all got better imo.
BTW All this dumping on the Dolphins is such a bunch of BS. We would’ve been elated at the prospect of getting Hill to pair with Wilson, and to knock them for doing it with Tua as their QB is a joke.
In what world is Wilson a better QB than Tua, other than the hope and dream filled one here on JN?

Just based on upside, I wouldn't trade ZW straight up for Tua.

I still have hope that ZW can improve in year 2.  He definitely did seem to play better the last 5 games of the year.  He didn't put up great stats but he didn't have weapinz either.   I'm confident JD will add a WR and RB in the draft plus hopefully a TE.  JD already signed 2 TEs as well so that will also help out.

• Upvote 1

I still have hope that ZW can improve in year 2.  He definitely did seem to play better the last 5 games of the year.  He didn't put up great stats but he didn't have weapinz either.   I'm confident JD will add a WR and RB in the draft plus hopefully a TE.  JD already signed 2 TEs as well so that will also help out.

Hope in one hand and sh*t in the other, see which one fills up first. I don’t think Tua is very good, but he’s worlds better than Zach is and likely will every be.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I understand how you feel that way, I’m sure a lot of Jet fans do. But like I said in the post you’re quoting, it’s based on hope and dreams.

As much as we like to think about what he can potentially become (trust me, I do it too), what we saw last year was very bad.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:44 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tua and Wilson both stink

Tua is just average

Just now, Dwight Englewood said:

When he threw a combined 65tds to 19ints?

Gaudy stats can be posted for many QBs.  His played slipped at the end of 2020 and he was not great after getting hurt in a number of games last year. 

The Questions was which one of these teams will slip, I answered, other wise the answer has to be none of these teams will slip becasue they all went out and got awesome players.  Russel Wilson has a lot more mileage on him than some of these QBs that never get hit, like brady.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Last season?

The end of 2020 when he pissed away the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gaudy stats can be posted for many QBs.  His played slipped at the end of 2020 and he was not great after getting hurt in a number of games last year. 

The Questions was which one of these teams will slip, I answered, other wise the answer has to be none of these teams will slip becasue they all went out and got awesome players.  Russel Wilson has a lot more mileage on him than some of these QBs that never get hit, like brady.

Do I need to post anymore stats to show how wildly wrong you are?

Or should I cut and paste Zach Wilson’s trash numbers?

18 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

They made a lot of good under the radar signings plus that overhyped idiot Urban is gone

Good point about Urban but players signed are ok. No really earth shattering signings as far talent in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Do I need to post anymore stats to show how wildly wrong you are?

Or should I cut and paste Zach Wilson’s trash numbers?

Post all the stats you want, his play fell off in 2020 costing Seattle the playoffs and he wasn’t good a year ago.  I could care less how bloated his stats are because of the first part of 2020.