Trade idea: A.J. Brown

Bronx

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Brown was a second round pick. McLaurin was a third rounder. Here’s a novel idea: maybe the Jets can just draft a good wide receiver instead of having to break the bank for one.

I think the jets could use another really good veteran WR who can hit the ground running with our young QB, but you’re not wrong 

He’s going to be a tough guy to put a contract number on, so is Samuel. Sounds like Seahawks are potentially balking at the idea of paying Metcalf. McLaurin and Diontae Johnson were day two that draft as well.

Receiver tag has to go up pretty significantly next year with the Hill and Adams deals. I think from like $18M this year to $25M next year and potentially higher if there are more big extensions. Not that teams can’t tag third guys but I think the WR market corrected (or overcorrected) this offseason and tagging guys could become less straightforward.

Figure this offseason guys got tagged and signed extensions over the tag value - easy decision to tag there.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Brown was a second round pick. McLaurin was a third rounder. Here’s a novel idea: maybe the Jets can just draft a good wide receiver instead of having to break the bank for one.

Ball Drop Football GIF by New York Jets

Says hello...keep scraping.

• Upvote 2

Dafuq?!?! You of all people should know better. Stephen Hill, Devin Smith, Denzel Mims, Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Shaq Evans, Jalen Saunders….. I mean for **** sakes Quincy Enunwa is our success story of drafting WR’s. I know folks will get triggered but my money says Elijah Moore will be on this list too in a few years when we look back because my gut tells me he’s going to constantly have injuries causing him to miss games. Nearly half a season over a ******* hamstring, pussy. We don’t draft superstars because no matter who the person is doing the drafting we are inevitably doomed. I can assure you no matter what, if any, WR we draft this year he will be the wrong one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 3

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Having this conversation in another thread but yeah, just find a good one for once. 

That said, I wouldnt cry if the Jets made a trade for one of these types of guys.  It would obviously be welcomed but what are you giving up draft capital wise?  Idk, at this point I think I'd rather them go sign Jarvis Landry, bring back Cole, take Sauce at 4, Johnson at 10 and you're favorite WR with one of the high 2nd rounders. 

• Upvote 1

Having this conversation in another thread but yeah, just find a good one for once. 
That said, I wouldnt cry if the Jets made a trade for one of these types of guys.  It would obviously be welcomed but what are you giving up draft capital wise?  Idk, at this point I think I'd rather them go sign Jarvis Landry, bring back Cole, take Sauce at 4, Johnson at 10 and you're favorite WR with one of the high 2nd rounders. 

You deserve all the misery this team puts you through. Every ounce of it. I swear Ithink some of you actually root for the Jets to win the battle of cap management more than the game of football. Jarvis Landry and Keenan Cole….. Jesus man.

4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You deserve all the misery this team puts you through. Every ounce of it. I swear Ithink some of you actually root for the Jets to win the battle of cap management more than the game of football. Jarvis Landry and Keenan Cole….. Jesus man.

Oh, ok, maybe you missed the part about drafting a WR?  Pretty clear my Landy and Cole suggestions werent long term solutions in my equation but thanks for your support! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Snow Bread And Milk GIF

gotta have that cap space!

• Haha 2