Trade idea: A.J. Brown

Bronx

Oh, ok, maybe you missed the part about drafting a WR?  Pretty clear my Landy and Cole suggestions werent long term solutions in my equation but thanks for your support! 

Yup, second round garbage again. I loved Stephen Hill/Denzel Mims/Devin Smith/Elijah “pulled my vagina and miss half the season” Moore. We save so much cap space drafting these guys it lets us maneuver to sign Super Bowl caliber guys like Jarvis Landry and Keenan Cole. Ooooohh wait I forgot how Uzomah is gonna become a world class TE now that he has a real opportunity with the Jets.

Jets world class formula:

Draft project QB # 2 overall and then give him Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis and a bunch of mid late round busts to throw to. It’s awesome how it’s working out for us!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I  think JL would be a great rolw model for the young receivers too.

wut? And there I thought he had a bit of a clubhouse lawyer type guy reputation.  Not sure where it came from to be honest. Probably untrue.

15 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Yup, second round garbage again. I loved Stephen Hill/Denzel Mims/Devin Smith/Elijah “pulled my vagina and miss half the season” Moore. We save so much cap space drafting these guys it lets us maneuver to sign Super Bowl caliber guys like Jarvis Landry and Keenan Cole. Ooooohh wait I forgot how Uzomah is gonna become a world class TE now that he has a real opportunity with the Jets.

Jets world class formula:

Draft project QB # 2 overall and then give him Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis and a bunch of mid late round busts to throw to. It’s awesome how it’s working out for us!

Almost as formulaic as your Joe Beningo - level, diaper filling, tirades that you spam every single thread you post in.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Almost as formulaic as your Joe Beningo - level, diaper filling, tirades that you spam every single thread you post in.

I appreciate that you’re so happy with what the Jets have been doing over and over for the last 40 years. Perhaps cap frugality is your main goal, I hear draftkings has all sorts of prop bets you can lay on the Jets to win the cap space title. Me personally, I’d like a home playoff game, hell even a WC birth would be nice. And since obviously everyone on this board is completely content that those goals are totally unattainable until “a few years when this reiteration of the rebuild is complete” then maybe after 40 years of watching this absolutely atrocious franchise I could at least watch one truly great player? Just one? Too much to ask it seems.

I love the idea of adding AJ Brown but I don't see it happening. Besides Jets fans talking about, and Cimini, there is no evidence Brown is available. The Titans are a good team in win now mode. Why are they trading him? We haven't heard anything about him wanting an extension that can't be met by the Titans.

I get he's best friends with Elijah Moore but I don't see any chance he's a Jet. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I appreciate that you’re so happy with what the Jets have been doing over and over for the last 40 years. Perhaps cap frugality is your main goal, I hear draftkings has all sorts of prop bets you can lay on the Jets to win the cap space title. Me personally, I’d like a home playoff game, hell even a WC birth would be nice. And since obviously everyone on this board is completely content that those goals are totally unattainable until “a few years when this reiteration of the rebuild is complete” then maybe after 40 years of watching this absolutely atrocious franchise I could at least watch one truly great player? Just one? Too much to ask it seems.

EDBD3343-9F0E-43C3-A489-D68F02C13FC7.webp.c945aa8adf7dbd6dc21b7309ec2a41ff.webp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Dafuq?!?! You of all people should know better. Stephen Hill, Devin Smith, Denzel Mims, Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Shaq Evans, Jalen Saunders….. I mean for **** sakes Quincy Enunwa is our success story of drafting WR’s. I know folks will get triggered but my money says Elijah Moore will be on this list too in a few years when we look back because my gut tells me he’s going to constantly have injuries causing him to miss games. Nearly half a season over a ******* hamstring, pussy. We don’t draft superstars because no matter who the person is doing the drafting we are inevitably doomed. I can assure you no matter what, if any, WR we draft this year he will be the wrong one.

Damn, that is an ugly list. The sad part is you probably left off another dozen or so.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Dafuq?!?! You of all people should know better. Stephen Hill, Devin Smith, Denzel Mims, Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Shaq Evans, Jalen Saunders….. I mean for **** sakes Quincy Enunwa is our success story of drafting WR’s. I know folks will get triggered but my money says Elijah Moore will be on this list too in a few years when we look back because my gut tells me he’s going to constantly have injuries causing him to miss games. Nearly half a season over a ******* hamstring, pussy. We don’t draft superstars because no matter who the person is doing the drafting we are inevitably doomed. I can assure you no matter what, if any, WR we draft this year he will be the wrong one.

image.gif.943cc062605d8d2af728db6ff013fff0.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I love the idea of adding AJ Brown but I don't see it happening. Besides Jets fans talking about, and Cimini, there is no evidence Brown is available. The Titans are a good team in win now mode. Why are they trading him? We haven't heard anything about him wanting an extension that can't be met by the Titans.

I get he's best friends with Elijah Moore but I don't see any chance he's a Jet. 

I live in TN and there hasn't been any indication they want to part with AJ. currently they are at $4 mil in available cap. as we know this means nothing and they can open cap whenever they want.  I wouldn't think TN would want to trade him, but I didn't expect the Hill trade either.

however, if he was available I wouldn't be upset if we were able to acquire him. put Davis as the 3rd option where he performs better

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Tennessee doesn't have a $50 million dollar QB and can afford to keep AJ if they choose to. (Although checking the #s, Tannenhill's 2022 and 2023 #s are insane) ..  They've brought in Woods to replace Julio, annd AJ has shown no indications of wanting to leave the Titans.  This is just some Cimini BS to drive clicks.  

They can keep him but decisions will have to be made. Tannehill will count for $37M next year and those other teams don't have an expensive RB like Henry $15M.

It’s not as clear cut as Hill and Adams though. The Titans can make an AJ Brown contract work.

14 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Really big on Deebo, Brown, and McLaurin.

Any of em would be awesome.

I think I would be happy trading the #10 for any of them.  While I don't think any of those teams would do it, I don't think it's a completely insane idea to propose.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if we're now talking about your posts or the Jets.
You've vented. It's enough, really. 

Why can’t I state my opinion? Because I’m not fluffing the organization anymore? Because I see through the obvious and don’t join the kumbaya bullsh*t following of a team that is monumentally devoid of talent and the minions that insist good talent is just too expensive? There’s literally a ratio of 100 fluffy everything is awesome posts for every one of mine yet you single me out? Really?

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

they just got moore in the second and he's turned out pretty well.  they have 4 picks in the top 50 and they can easily get a near top wr prospect this season.  i get the part about drafted players but we've also seen lots of vets come in and lay eggs.

they just got moore in the second and he's turned out pretty well.  they have 4 picks in the top 50 and they can easily get a near top wr prospect this season.  i get the part about drafted players but we've also seen lots of vets come in and lay eggs.

Moore missed half the season for a pulled hamstring. You want a blueprint for someone who will always have injuries and miss significant time regularly, it’s the guy who misses half a season over a hamstring.

11 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Why can’t I state my opinion? Because I’m not fluffing the organization anymore? Because I see through the obvious and don’t join the kumbaya bullsh*t following of a team that is monumentally devoid of talent and the minions that insist good talent is just too expensive? There’s literally a ratio of 100 fluffy everything is awesome posts for every one of mine yet you single me out? Really?

The more you...

Jacking Off Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

the less of being ...

Elections Biden GIF by The Young Turks

31 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Correct me if I don't have this right:

1. The Jets suck, and this is not a new phenomenon.
  2. The Jets aren't doing a good enough job to make you happy this offseason.

I think I've nailed it, no?

If so, then it seems your opinion in these regards has been stated. 

• Sympathy 1