Trade idea: A.J. Brown

Bronx

Correct me if I don't have this right:
  1. The Jets suck, and this is not a new phenomenon.
  2. The Jets aren't doing a good enough job to make you happy this offseason.
I think I've nailed it, no?
If so, then it seems your opinion in these regards has been stated. 

Ok, so a guy that says Zach Wilson is gonna be a stud in pretty much every thread hasn’t been stated? As a moderator I’m assuming you’re counting all their posts and telling them their opinion has been stated enough?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Ok, so a guy that says Zach Wilson is gonna be a stud in pretty much every thread hasn’t been stated? As a moderator I’m assuming you’re counting all their posts and telling them their opinion has been stated enough?

Well I don't know who that is, and if that's literally 100% of someone's posts you're welcome to point it out to me. I take for granted that people being supportive of the team & its players - even if they may be misguided - are given more leeway than dumping on the team with every post for...how many posts in a row is it now?

I've hardly been a fan exclusively waving pom-poms every year, and we don't expect that at all here, but c'mon man. You can at least limit it to some threads or mix it up even a little bit. 

Say something nice. Even if you don't mean it. ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

burks

I like Burks too, for a number of reasons. Jets need a receiver that can snag balls thrown at them with zero accuracy at high velocity and at random parts of their anatomy, and Burks has six fingers, so it’s one extra body part that Wilson can aim for/throw at.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

Well I don't know who that is, and if that's literally 100% of someone's posts you're welcome to point it out to me. I take for granted that people being supportive of the team & its players - even if they may be misguided - are given more leeway than dumping on the team with every post for...how many posts in a row is it now?
I've hardly been a fan exclusively waving pom-poms every year, and we don't expect that at all here, but c'mon man. You can at least limit it to some threads or mix it up even a little bit. 
Say something nice. Even if you don't mean it.  

Herm Edwards wasn’t as bad a coach as you think. He had some really great coaching qualities. There, I said something nice. I actually miss the Herm Edwards days, it was infinitely more entertaining than what we have now.

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Moore missed half the season for a pulled hamstring. You want a blueprint for someone who will always have injuries and miss significant time regularly, it’s the guy who misses half a season over a hamstring.

He had covid too (nice job leaving that out) which effects the rehab process greatly. Can’t see the trainers when you have it for probably 2 weeks. But yea keep up your tirade of misery every post with it all being doom and gloom. A second round pick also isn’t mid round which you seemed to allude earlier. What round were deebo and aj brown selected again? 

• Upvote 1

He had covid too (nice job leaving that out) which effects the rehab process greatly. Can’t see the trainers when you have it for probably 2 weeks. But yea keep up your tirade of misery every post with it all being doom and gloom. A second round pick also isn’t mid round which you seemed to allude earlier. What round were deebo and aj brown selected again? 

He’s a young elite athlete. He probably had sniffles for 2 days like most people who had Omicron, which was the variant he was hit with. I’m not sure what I said that made you think I alluded to mid round but I don’t consider his draft position when I see him as a player. He has decent talent, but he’s shown nothing to make you count on that talent and think you hav the position solved. As it stands today in my opinion I think we have one of the worst WR corps in the league. Corey Davis is not a #1 and I’m tired of this team trying to constantly act cute thinking that some second rate castoff somehow finds his stride with us. #1 receivers avail themselves early. You know when you have one. We don’t. We have a decent 2 in Davis, and a decent 3 is Moore, and Braxton Berrios who unfortunately is probably our best and most reliable receiver.

34 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Let the cryptic tweets begin

Interesting as there might be something to this after all.  Not looking into it too much but it does sound like something is brewing.  Seems to be a response to this...HMMM...I could though be not following the time pattern here...either way, it does seem like AJ is saying he wants to be a Jet.

• Sympathy 2

I didn’t realize Tennessee only has $10.5M in 2023 cap space right now. Obviously they can move things around but with the Woods acquisition, an offense built around the run game, and a tight cap…maybe they don’t want to spend big money on Brown.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, derp said:

I didn’t realize Tennessee only has $10.5M in 2023 cap space right now. Obviously they can move things around but with the Woods acquisition, an offense built around the run game, and a tight cap…maybe they don’t want to spend big money on Brown.

Yup and maybe take #38 overall for him right now. rather than nothing next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, derp said:

They are 1000% cutting Tannehill after this season, and probably restructuring him. 

52 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He’s a young elite athlete. He probably had sniffles for 2 days like most people who had Omicron, which was the variant he was hit with. I’m not sure what I said that made you think I alluded to mid round but I don’t consider his draft position when I see him as a player. He has decent talent, but he’s shown nothing to make you count on that talent and think you hav the position solved. As it stands today in my opinion I think we have one of the worst WR corps in the league. Corey Davis is not a #1 and I’m tired of this team trying to constantly act cute thinking that some second rate castoff somehow finds his stride with us. #1 receivers avail themselves early. You know when you have one. We don’t. We have a decent 2 in Davis, and a decent 3 is Moore, and Braxton Berrios who unfortunately is probably our best and most reliable receiver.

How do you know what symptoms he had? It effects everyone different. Also it doesn’t even matter his symptoms in regards to his access to trainers while he was testing positive. 

you are severely underrating moores potential. Look up his scouting reports and watch some of his game film. Lots of people peg him as being a fantastic talent who can be of the Antonio brown mold. He was constantly getting open and is a fantastic route runner. 

How do you know what symptoms he had? It effects everyone different. Also it doesn’t even matter his symptoms in regards to his access to trainers while he was testing positive. 

you are severely underrating moores potential. Look up his scouting reports and watch some of his game film. Lots of people peg him as being a fantastic talent who can be of the Antonio brown mold. He was constantly getting open and is a fantastic route runner. 

Yup his scouting reports are grand. I’ll contain my excitement to when he actually does anything in the NFL.

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Yup his scouting reports are grand. I’ll contain my excitement to when he actually does anything in the NFL.

“Actually does anything” get out of here with that bs. He had 500+ yards and 5 tds only playing half the season with a rookie qb and brand new offense. He was on pace for 1000+ yards and 10 tds if he played the full season as a rookie. Take the blinders off man. 

• Sympathy 1

Just waiting for the inevitable Connor Hughes Tweet about to come saying - something like:

"Based on a AJ Brown Tweet there is now discussion on Twitter about AJ Brown being traded to the Jets, I've been told unequivocally  there are no conversation between the Jets and Titans regarding Brown"

If we don't get that tweet in the next two hours - there's something to it.  But we will.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup and maybe take #38 overall for him right now. rather than nothing next year.

The price will be more than what was given up for Hill. #38, probably #10, and a few more picks sprinkled in, and then a massive extension, all for a guy who is always nicked up, misses games, and barely cracked 1,000 yards receiving the last two years

*edit* he had 869 yards last season

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The price will be more than what was given up for Hill. #38, probably #10, and a few more picks sprinkled in, and then a massive extension, all for a guy who is always nicked up, misses games, and barely cracked 1,000 yards receiving the last two years

*edit* he had 869 yards last season

Youre right that he gets nicked up, but he’s a straight up monster in a run centric offense. He’s also a great play action target and we need that cause Zach will do a lot of play action. He’s got the potential to be the best receiver in the league. He plays through injury a lot so hopefully last year was an outlier.