Chris Olave

PS17

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Is there any reason he’s not being considered at 10? He’s got sub-4.40 speed, is the best route runner in the class, and is taller than his teammate Garrett Wilson. Very productive in college as a deep threat and as a tactician on short/intermediate routes. I don’t see how he’s not in the top tier of receivers with Wilson, London, and Burks (and maybe Jameson too). 

Wanted to share this video I saw earlier breaking down Wilson and Olave. Credit to @TuscanyTile2 for initially sharing.

Appreciate it but I think it was the Packers' fan who told me to search for this video so credit to hiim.

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

Another year same story. You guys show up with an opinion someone else baked for you - call everyone else crazy 

@PackerNation you didn't break down any other WR. Put on the Penn State game. i'll link it here for you.. 

You're confusing footwork with routes. If you get bounced around, it doesn't matter how great your feet are -- you're not where you supposed to be when the ball leaves the QB's hands. Olave gets what's given to him. Little more, at times. Like the running back who gets what's blocked. When was left outside, the results were so-so. When he runs a skinny post inside through zone coverage?... sure. In fact, i just went back and watched this one above in particular.... They ran him out of the game outside, with cover 2... his only splash play? No surprise, running a post from the slot. 

I like Olave, i think he has great feet, tracks the ball well, and would be a luxury WR3, or maxed out WR2. Best route running WR in the class? Child please. 

I love when these little keyboard warrior wannabe draft analysts watch a couple YT videos and think they are authorities on draft prospects. Too funny.  

Get some All-22 film and watch Olave's whole career. But I am sure you will say you do watch full games with all 22 film. Sure ya do.

I'm not "confusing" anything. I am not sure you fully understand what route-running actually is.

My opinion nor yours really matter. Actual NFL Scouts feel Olave is the best route-runner in this class. 

I actually often exchange texts with Jon-Eric Sullivan who is Co-Director of Player Personnel for the Green Bay Packers. I've know him since his days as a college scout covering the Central Plains circa 2008.  Jon-Eric feels Olave is: "without doubt among the most smooth at running routes that I have seen." He can't get into whether the Packers are interested in Olave, but let's just say they are very aware of him.

• Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Appreciate it but I think it was the Packers' fan who told me to search for this video so credit to hiim.

The video was published a month ago. I came across it 2 weeks ago. The Packer Fans are keen on him because Olave is predicted to fall to the 20 range where they are picking. Wilson is predicted do go somewhere between Picks 6 & 9. So when the Jets come up at 10 Wilson will most likely be off the board. No biggie. The rest of the crop will still be there and they all are pretty damn good. It sounds like the Jet Front Office is focusing on Treylon Burks. The dude is 6' 3", built like a horse and throws a mean block. Neither Wilson nor Olave are built for that type of duty. There will be nearly all of the Upper Echelon of the Wide Receivers available when the Jets come up at 10. I would be happy with any of them although I find Olave the most intriguing prospect as his raw speed and route running ability make him a good fit for Zach. While Olave is slated to go in the 20s now is not the time for Joe Douglas to get cute trying to trade down to extract extra capital out of the Jets slate of picks. If the Jets want Olave then take him at 10 and be done with it. I expect the Jets will probably take Burks there. the Jets can always take one of the second layer speed burners like Alec Pierce or Tyquan Thorton in Rounds 3 or 4.

9 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

The video was published a month ago. I came across it 2 weeks ago. The Packer Fans are keen on him because Olave is predicted to fall to the 20 range where they are picking. Wilson is predicted do go somewhere between Picks 6 & 9. So when the Jets come up at 10 Wilson will most likely be off the board. No biggie. The rest of the crop will still be there and they all are pretty damn good. It sounds like the Jet Front Office is focusing on Treylon Burks. The dude is 6' 3", built like a horse and throws a mean block. Neither Wilson nor Olave are built for that type of duty. There will be nearly all of the Upper Echelon of the Wide Receivers available when the Jets come up at 10. I would be happy with any of them although I find Olave the most intriguing prospect as his raw speed and route running ability make him a good fit for Zach. While Olave is slated to go in the 20s now is not the time for Joe Douglas to get cute trying to trade down to extract extra capital out of the Jets slate of picks. If the Jets want Olave then take him at 10 and be done with it. I expect the Jets will probably take Burks there. the Jets can always take one of the second layer speed burners like Alec Pierce or Tyquan Thorton in Rounds 3 or 4.

Who knows how the board will fall on draft night. I would not rule out the Packers trading up from 22 and grabbing their guy(whoever that may be) I also wouldn't say the Packers will for sure go WR with their first pick or even offense. BPA is the way the Packers roll. Teams that pick solely for need are the teams that fail in the draft.

I laugh at those that knock the Jordan Love pick. The worst time to pick a QB is when you need one. Any successful GM will tell you that. Jordan is still developing and right where the Packers want him. Present and future set at QB. Plenty of teams dream of being in the Packers QB situation.

For your Jets, I would prepare yourself for two defensive picks in the first. Don't flip out on Douglas if he doesn't nab a WR in the first. 

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Another year same story. You guys show up with an opinion someone else baked for you - call everyone else crazy 

@PackerNation you didn't break down any other WR. Put on the Penn State game. i'll link it here for you.. 

You're confusing footwork with routes. If you get bounced around, it doesn't matter how great your feet are -- you're not where you supposed to be when the ball leaves the QB's hands. Olave gets what's given to him. Little more, at times. Like the running back who gets what's blocked. When was left outside, the results were so-so. When he runs a skinny post inside through zone coverage?... sure. In fact, i just went back and watched this one above in particular.... They ran him out of the game outside, with cover 2... his only splash play? No surprise, running a post from the slot. 

I like Olave, i think he has great feet, tracks the ball well, and would be a luxury WR3, or maxed out WR2. Best route running WR in the class? Child please. 

Agreed.   More physical corners will have their way with him and bully him.   You’ll have to motion him and play him in the slot.   Wilson is a better route runner and even he isn’t the tactician we have seen in past drafts.   

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Id rather take George Pickens in the 2nd round or even late first if necessary then Olave.  Pickens is an elite WR who is being overlooked because of the depth of the class and because of an injury that he has already recovered from.  Hes a physical blocker who can be an excellent complement to Moore at 6'3.

One of my favorite guys in the whole draft.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   More physical corners will have their way with him and bully him.   You’ll have to motion him and play him in the slot.   Wilson is a better route runner and even he isn’t the tactician we have seen in past drafts.   

With moore and berrios it is easy to see this coaching staff lobbying for burks.  Assuming the jets go edge at 4 i can see a trade back and then burks in the teens.  The goal is to be a dominant running team and signing lake and the TEs advances this plan.  The jets could use a physical wr to pair with moore.  I think we are going to see much more of the 49er offense this season with the personnel they are acquiring.

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

I think @Chrebetfan80 has spend more time on him than I. Too much redundancy there for me w/ Berrios. He's more sudden and dynamic, he manage some reps outside... 

Honestly, he's better WR than Olave, technically speaking.  

He's a guy that when you watch the tape he'll stand out as a good ball tracker, pretty good route runner, and certainly has a dynamic element to his game. 

Good hands, little bit of a body catcher at times, pretty good break points on most routes even when he doesnt get out in as few of steps as you like the foot work is right. Release moves leave a little to be desired in terms of extending outside of his body frame to threaten a dbs leverage but he has an idea of what he's doing.  

He's a good player, I think some team is going to get a really flexible wr that has experience in a lot of different spots on an offense which is nice.  I have heard we do like him, but like you said he may be quite redundant now with Berrios back in the fold.  They're very similar players and essentially the same human physically (5'9-5'10 180-195 and both run a 4.4 ish), but skyy moore may be a little better on the outside otherwise but I dont see us taking him where he's going to be drafted. 

If i had to guess they'd love london or watson first then add a guy like Melton later on 

• Upvote 1

For all the Olave hype in this thread, this is a guy who never broke 1,000 yards receiving in a single year of his college career. He’s fast, fluid, tracks the ball nicely down the field, and had snapped off some nice routes but he’s also skinny and hasn’t put his game together to the point that he’s consistently impacting college games. Like pretty much everyone else in this WR class you plug him in as WR3 and hope he improves but can’t expect much more. Just comes down to the traits you value. If they want a shot guy and feel he’s shown enough to develop as a route runner underneath then Olave fits.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kiper is all about Skyy Moore right now. Have you watched any of him? 

Moore is either redundant or fits what they want in a WR and we won’t know until the draft. He actually got recruited as a corner and he’s a bit of a smurf but he’s an analytics darling. Early production, big mitts, and he’s not a twig like some of the guys in this class. I think he’ll be good if he goes to the right situation.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PackerNation said:

I love when these little keyboard warrior wannabe draft analysts watch a couple YT videos and think they are authorities on draft prospects. Too funny.  

Get some All-22 film and watch Olave's whole career. But I am sure you will say you do watch full games with all 22 film. Sure ya do.

I'm not "confusing" anything. I am not sure you fully understand what route-running actually is.

My opinion nor yours really matter. Actual NFL Scouts feel Olave is the best route-runner in this class. 

I actually often exchange texts with Jon-Eric Sullivan who is Co-Director of Player Personnel for the Green Bay Packers. I've know him since his days as a college scout covering the Central Plains circa 2008.  Jon-Eric feels Olave is: "without doubt among the most smooth at running routes that I have seen." He can't get into whether the Packers are interested in Olave, but let's just say they are very aware of him.

Apparently, nobody cares.  

Screenshot_20220326-115339_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c9623532140babe3598ff30a72d69adf.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Who knows how the board will fall on draft night. I would not rule out the Packers trading up from 22 and grabbing their guy(whoever that may be)

The same can be said for any NFL Team including the Jets. It will cost the Packers an additional 2nd Round Pick to upgrade one of their 1st picks into the range where the 1st Round WR crop will be sitting.

I also wouldn't say the Packers will for sure go WR with their first pick or even offense. BPA is the way the Packers roll. Teams that pick solely for need are the teams that fail in the draft.

Like to take both sides of an argument huh.

I laugh at those that knock the Jordan Love pick.

Well that wasn't me. What I find humorous is the way the Packers sunk all the money they did into that whining sniveling excuse of a QB only to nickel and dime Adams off the team. Don't you know, Rodgers has never gotten good results from Rookie Wide Receivers.

For your Jets, I would prepare yourself for two defensive picks in the first. Don't flip out on Douglas if he doesn't nab a WR in the first.

I can see that happening if the Jets take Hutch or Thibs at 4 and Sauce Gardner is still on the board when the Jets com up at 10. Joe Douglas has the propensity to Kiss 2nd Round Wide Receiver Frogs hoping they will turn into Lance Alworth or Don Maynard. Maybe this year its Alec Pierce's turn.

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Until the playoffs.......then it's Wylie Coyote.

Aaron Rodgers has a Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP. Aaron has as many playoff victories as Troy Aikman.

Aaron has been to 5 NFC Championship games. 

That's not sucking in the playoffs.

Should we go over your precious Jets history of not even getting to the playoffs? Oh, you know the Jets suck huh. You just want to cut on players you would worship if they were on the Jets. Got it.

3 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The same can be said for any NFL Team including the Jets. It will cost the Packers an additional 2nd Round Pick to upgrade one of their 1st picks into the range where the 1st Round WR crop will be sitting.

Like to take both sides of an argument huh.

Well that wasn't me. What I find humorous is the way the Packers sunk all the money they did into that whining sniveling excuse of a QB only to nickel and dime Adams off the team. Don't you know, Rodgers has never gotten good results from Rookie Wide Receivers.

I can see that happening if the Jets take Hutch or Thibs at 4 and Sauce Gardner is still on the board when the Jets com up at 10. Joe Douglas has the propensity to Kiss 2nd Round Wide Receiver Frogs hoping they will turn into Lance Alworth or Don Maynard. Maybe this year its Alec Pierce's turn.

Not even sure why you are telling me what the Packers would need to do to trade up to get in the "range of the first round WR crop."

Who said the Pack would be trading up for a WR? A trade up is possible, but that doesn't mean it would be for a WR. The Packers don't pick for what fanboys of other teams perceive to be their "need." Needs change from spring to fall. If 3 starting OL for the Jets went down with ACLs in camp, would OL then become more of a "need" than CB? 

BPA is how the Packers and other successful franchises roll.

Let's see, what else is worth noting from your rather odd post? Oh, Davante. Davante being traded had nothing to do with money. "Nickel and dimed off the team." Nope. The Packers could have paid him more than the Raiders. It has been Tae's dream since he was a child to play for the Raiders. Davante asked for a trade to Raiders long before the Packers put the tag on him. Aaron knew of Davante's dream to someday play for the Raiders several years ago. Aaron and Tae were and are still very close. Aaron supported the trade.

I understand that SOME Jets fans have a lot of vitriol towards successful franchises. I first noticed it last summer when I stopped here during the Packers and Jets joint practices in Green Bay. It is now again showing up in spades. I am not speaking to you personally. I'm speaking to the very insecure and butthurt minority here. 

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

159804905_OIP(5).jpeg.97021b2712d914316412a4d39bad4f80.jpeg

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

Aaron Rodgers has a Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP. Aaron has as many playoff victories as Troy Aikman.

Should we go over your precious Jets history of not even getting to the playoffs? Oh, you know the Jets suck huh. You just want to cut on players you would worship if they were on the Jets. Got it.

Aikman has three SB rings.  And a SB MVP too.  So, Aaron has lost 4 NFCCGs?  Thats the definition of sucking in the playoffs to most.  

You should start and stop with Aaron has been a great QB and stop there.  His playoff history isnt anything to brag about.

Speaking of sucking, why dont you give us the Packer history from Bart Starr through Favre?

12 hours ago, PackerNation said:

I love how everyone else who does what your doing right now in this post is an idiot, but you have it right.

I liked when other people were allowed to share ideas, but uh I guess you will take it from here.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

Won his superbowl 12 years ago.  7-9 in the playoffs since despite having very very gaudy regular season records and some stacked teams. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, PackerNation said:

I laugh at those that knock the Jordan Love pick. The worst time to pick a QB is when you need one. Any successful GM will tell you that. Jordan is still developing and right where the Packers want him. Present and future set at QB. Plenty of teams dream of being in the Packers QB situation.

What has Love done for the Pack?  Maybe it could be argued he lit a fire under Rodgers but, imo, Rodgers would've been great without Love around.  I think this year is going to be his 3rd season.  They just re-signed Rodgers for 4 more seasons.  Is the idea for Love to sit for 7 years?  Meanwhile, if they had spent that pick on an impact player, they might've won another Super Bowl.  I get that it was reasonable enough to take Love at the time (thinking they'd develop him as Rodgers' career wound down) but, in retrospect, how was it a good pick?  Maybe if they can get some value for trading him?  Or insurance if Rodgers gets hurt?

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Won his superbowl 12 years ago.  7-9 in the playoffs since despite having very very gaudy regular season records and some stacked teams. 

The Black Eyed Peas performed at halftime of that Super Bowl. The Packers got in as the wild card, eventually beating the mighty Caleb Hanie Bears in the NFC title game 21-14. The difference in the game was an 18 yard pick six by Packers NT BJ Raji.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are the Gonzaga of the NFL. Overrated every year. Play in a lousy division, get home games, fold. Clockwork.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Not even sure why you are telling me what the Packers would need to do to trade up to get in the "range of the first round WR crop." ,,,,,,,,,,,, Who said the Pack would be trading up for a WR? A trade up is possible, but that doesn't mean it would be for a WR. The Packers don't pick for what fanboys of other teams perceive to be their "need."

You were the one saying the Packers were looking to take a WR in the First Round of the Draft. And had the idea that Olave would be sitting there waiting for you guys when the Packers came up at 22. What I'm telling you that all of the Top layer Wide Receivers will be taken in the middle of the first round. The first WR (slated to be Garrett Wilson) may go before the Jets come up at Pick 10. They could easily be all gone by 22. If Green Bay wants one they need to move up to between 15 and 18 to assure them one will be available otherwise they will be spending a First Round pick on Second Round Talent.

BPA is how the Packers and other successful franchises roll.

When you are a rebuilding team the GM has the ability to use Free Agency to position the team's needs to fit the strength of the draft. That is exactly what Joe Douglas has done. Joe acquired mid to upper range starting talent for nearly all of the holes the Jets have. He didn't plug any of the holes with All-Pro except Laken Tomlinson at Right Guard. This in turn will position the Jets for flexibility on Draft Day for a few sizable upgrades with their First Round and Second Round Picks

Davante being traded had nothing to do with money. "Nickel and dimed off the team." Nope. The Packers could have paid him more than the Raiders.

WRONG The Packers did offer Adams more than what he signed for with the Raiders. It was the fact the Packers decided to play footsies with Adams low balling him till almost the very end when they decided to get real. The process between Adams and the Raiders was well along at that point when Adams told the Packers "you're not going to play me". Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk fame has documented the time line.

I understand that SOME Jets fans have a lot of vitriol towards successful franchises ................... I am not speaking to you personally.

Thank You    I'm glad we cleared that up.

On 3/26/2022 at 3:33 PM, PackerNation said:

"Keep my team's name out of your F'ing mouth!"

:)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:53 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Keep my team's name out of your F'ing mouth!"

:)

Ok, little keyboard warrior. Do you feel like a tough guy now while hiding behind a screen? Glorifying what Will Smith did is also quite pathetic, but par for the course on this forum. 

I am looking forward to the Jets at Lambeau this season. That will be a very enjoyable beating the Pack will give your precious Jets. Usually is a nice contigent of Jets fans that take the opportunity to visit Green Bay when the Jets are in Wisconsin. It's a bucket list item for all NFL fans that have never been to Titletown.

I do get along great with most fan bases, and did meet some wonderful Jets fans last summer in Green Bay during the time of the joint practices and pre-season game.

Thank god this place is not a real representation of the Jets actual fan base. Have never seen a more unknowledgeable and clueless group of NFL fans than here in my 51 yrs on this earth.

972601278_raw(1).gif.d0be677c679d4b09bb59678c09b6c20b.gif

On 3/26/2022 at 3:33 PM, PackerNation said:

You have had 30 years of Hall of Fame QBs starting for you and 2 Superbowls. Eli Manning has as many. 

I can see why you're so sensitive and frustrated. 

2 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Ok, little keyboard warrior. Do you feel like a tough guy now while hiding behind a screen? Glorifying what Will Smith did is also quite pathetic, but par for the course on this forum. 

I am looking forward to the Jets at Lambeau this season. That will be a very enjoyable beating the Pack will give your precious Jets. Usually is a nice contigent of Jets fans that take the opportunity to visit Green Bay when the Jets are in Wisconsin. It's a bucket list item for all NFL fans that have never been to Titletown.

I do get along great with most fan bases, and did meet some wonderful Jets fans last summer in Green Bay during the time of the joint practices and pre-season game.

Thank god this place is not a real representation of the Jets actual fan base. Have never seen a more unknowledgeable and clueless group of NFL fans in my 51 yrs on this earth.

972601278_raw(1).gif.d0be677c679d4b09bb59678c09b6c20b.gif

Well then, **** off. We don't need you here. 

? ? 

espn simmons GIF

39 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You have had 30 years of Hall of Fame QBs starting for you and 2 Superbowls. Eli Manning has as many. 

I can see why you're so sensitive and frustrated. 

I know you aren't good with numbers or NFL history. Poor fella. The Packers have been to 3 Super Bowls since 1996, with 2 Lombardi's from those. They named the Lombardi Trophy after a Packers coach because Green Bay has more World Championships than any other NFL team by far. 13 and counting. The most storied and successful franchise in NFL history.

The Jets are a failure franchise.Your fan base is a absolute laughing stock. Empty seats are a norm at Jets games. How embarrassing for you. 30 year waiting list to get tickets in Green Bay. Never a empty seat in Lambeau. 

We that are living happy and successful lives...and also enjoying our successful NFL team will pray that things get better for you. We do feel sorry for you.

Have a great day little one. Toodle Loo

1451519066_images(16)-2022-02-24T061058_499.jpeg.23fed3f561aa9039e7f205168da1e853.jpeg

1827978126_images(16)(31)_(1).jpg.427a4e5c9452d60853b16e61440a7a04.jpg

aaron-rodgers.gif.86ac929646b54f859de30dea265fe388.gif