Jump to content

Jameson Williams in a trade back?


Mark78
 Share

Recommended Posts

ESPN NFL draft analysts Jordan Reid, Mel Kiper, Jr. and Todd McShay each project Williams to be drafted in the first round, going 30th, 28th and 27th to the Chiefs, Packers and Buccaneers, respectively. Kiper ranked Williams as the best draft-eligible receiver in the draft prior to tearing his ACL but Williams said no team has told him his injury hurt his draft stock.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

IMO,

Easily the best receiver in the draft prior to the injury. 

Problem with the trade back, if you move back you may lose him.  Me, personally, I would take him at 10

Isn't he supposed to be sidelined for most part of 22'? I am not sure if we have the luxury of waiting for his recovery on a much needed position.  We should also bring durable and healthy players. 

At #10 for a player coming off a major injury with desperate help needed, it's a hard pass for me. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark78 said:

Supposedly his recovery is ahead of schedule and he may miss only a few weeks out of the season.  So, if a team trades for our 10 and we move back later in the first, do we take him?  I find this an intriguing possibility.  

You've been listening to Jake Assman's flunkee? who put out a new mock draft every other day that everyone hates?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark78 said:

Supposedly his recovery is ahead of schedule and he may miss only a few weeks out of the season.  So, if a team trades for our 10 and we move back later in the first, do we take him?  I find this an intriguing possibility.  

No trade UP back into the 1st to get him, we have a bajillion picks use them properly, can’t draft 20 kids only 8-10 make the team if that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Isn't he supposed to be sidelined for most part of 22'? I am not sure if we have the luxury of waiting for his recovery on a much needed position.  We should also bring durable and healthy players. 

At #10 for a player coming off a major injury with desperate help needed, it's a hard pass for me. 

The Jets are not winning the SB this year it’s ok to wait a season for our Julio Jones/AJ Green.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

IMO,

Easily the best receiver in the draft prior to the injury. 

Problem with the trade back, if you move back you may lose him.  Me, personally, I would take him at 10

Him or Burks.  With his speed he gets the edge but Burks is a more well rounded threat. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If this guy was bona fide best wr and you think his injury won't be a problem, like he is way better than everyone else. Sure take him. What's a couple weeks in the course of 6 7;8 seasons...but if talent is close or the same...I prefer non injured players 

There is no one this draft with the kind of speed Williams has (assuming he hasn't lost any from the injury.  There days ACL injuries are not that serious, especially for someone as young as Williams).   Plus he also plays special teams.  I think Zach would love this guy.  I'm also partial to Burks.  He doesn't have the speed of Williams but has game speed that is very impressive. 
 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

If he didn't get hurt...this is where Jets would draft him.  If he's going to make a fast and full (a clean tear) recovery...then just do it anyway...

1623064697_mock0325_3a.PNG.829c456a3b6dc79e2ab9813b919e91b1.PNG

13085457_mock0325_3b.PNG.f6902eebe38c60c89ca2e930ef67b2a0.PNG

Where do I sign, love mock simulators, but of course Hutch at 6..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Where do I sign, love mock simulators, but of course Hutch at 6..

😏 

It's happened a few times where Hutch was there at #4.  And I said no way and ignored taking him.  Did this time too with a trade down to 6.  Still there I said the hell with it and took him. 

Whoever programed this simulator on occasions has Hutch falling to 4.  Yea that's crazy.   Hope the same crazy happens on draft night.   No Sauce...all Hutch!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bronx said:

Isn't he supposed to be sidelined for most part of 22'? I am not sure if we have the luxury of waiting for his recovery on a much needed position.  We should also bring durable and healthy players. 

At #10 for a player coming off a major injury with desperate help needed, it's a hard pass for me. 

Depends. What was his 40 time on crutches? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I still think we will trade back from 4 or 10 and then trade back up into the last first round.  When all is said and done we will have used three first rounders.

Nice me like. Edge, LB Dean/LLoyd, CB McDuffie or WR Burks. We got a lot of picks so JD has wiggle room to wheel and deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

One thing about williams tape. He always open . Idk if we can wait to let him heal. But I certainly wouldn’t be upset if they took him. 

If you think he's going to be the best WR out of the draft - then you take him.  You don't worry about 6-8 weeks over the course of the 5 years you'll have him locked up.

JD desperately needs to find a way to secure a top WR, via trade/FA so he has the flexibility to take Williams if he believes he's the best player.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JetBlue said:

There is no one this draft with the kind of speed Williams has (assuming he hasn't lost any from the injury.  There days ACL injuries are not that serious, especially for someone as young as Williams).   Plus he also plays special teams.  I think Zach would love this guy.  I'm also partial to Burks.  He doesn't have the speed of Williams but has game speed that is very impressive. 
 

 

I want Bryce Young

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

IMO,

Easily the best receiver in the draft prior to the injury. 

Problem with the trade back, if you move back you may lose him.  Me, personally, I would take him at 10

Agreed, just because he isnt being mentioned a lot on NFL network because he cant work out, doesnt mean teams have forgotten about him.  I doubt he makes it to 20.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mark78 said:

Supposedly his recovery is ahead of schedule and he may miss only a few weeks out of the season.  So, if a team trades for our 10 and we move back later in the first, do we take him?  I find this an intriguing possibility.  

There is a very high probability he is not there at 10.  I can see the Giants taking him at 7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

There is a very high probability he is not there at 10.  I can see the Giants taking him at 7

Pretty much why the Giants have had a hideous OL for years now

Giants need OL help more than WR help

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ideally…Plan A should be:

• Trade down from 4

Realistically…Plan B should be:

• Edge at 4 

• G. Wilson or D.London at 10

• Trade back up into the 1st for J. Williams

There are a lot of WR needy teams and with KC, GB, Philly, NYG all with multi 1sts + Jax, Det, and Houston picking ahead of of us in the 2nd…

…we need to be aggressive if we really want to build around Zack.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Ideally…Plan A should be:

• Trade down from 4

Realistically…Plan B should be:

• Edge at 4 

• G. Wilson or D.London at 10

• Trade back up into the 1st for J. Williams

There are a lot of WR needy teams and with KC, GB, Philly, NYG all with multi 1sts + Jax, Det, and Houston picking ahead of of us in the 2nd…

…we need to be aggressive if we really want to build around Zack.

I don’t see us picking a WR back to back but other than that I think that’s a very good guess on the way it goes.  I think it’s possible JD traded back into the first with his two seconds 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t see us picking a WR back to back but other than that I think that’s a very good guess on the way it goes.  I think it’s possible JD traded back into the first with his two seconds 

With a timely trade back from 4 we can really spread the wealth along the roster as there are a lot of good 

WRS / EDGE / S / EDGE/ TE / LB to be had from late 1st to early 3rd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe the projection is Mid-November at the soonest.
And with no off-season / training camp to get any reps at all with his QB.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

And with no off-season / training camp to get any reps at all with his QB.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
 

Right. You're not getting him for 2022, that's for sure. If he comes back to form though (and it is an "if"), the team that gets him is going to be paid off for their patience. When I look at his highlights, Tim Brown comes to mind. Not that he's going to be a HOF WR, or as good as Tim, he just looks really good--speed, smooth routes, catch, loves to play, super competitive, etc.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...