Jameson Williams in a trade back?

Mark78

22 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Right. You're not getting him for 2022, that's for sure. If he comes back to form though (and it is an "if"), the team that gets him is going to be paid off for their patience. When I look at his highlights, Tim Brown comes to mind. Not that he's going to be a HOF WR, or as good as Tim, he just looks really good--speed, smooth routes, catch, loves to play, super competitive, etc.

Someone will get a future steal alright ... and a lot of guys who have injuries and a drop in draft stock like this are often super-motivated to come back better / stronger than ever. Of course, not all make it - that's the risk you take. 

I think you either have to have "spare" draft picks - i.e. a strong roster with little room for a bunch of rookies straight away - or an eye on the future rather than the present - i.e. you aren't winning this year anyway. Jets could fall into #2, but Joe D has to be aware that the future is coming faster than he might want in terms of expectations and fan base sentiment.

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2022 at 8:16 PM, FidelioJet said:

IMO,

Easily the best receiver in the draft prior to the injury. 

Problem with the trade back, if you move back you may lose him.  Me, personally, I would take him at 10

I have to agree with you.  In most of the mock drafts I have seen, as many as 6 wide receivers are gone by the end of the 1st round.  Has Joe Douglas learned his lesson, by trading back in round #2, and picking up Denzel Mims?  Didn't work out so well for Joe and the Jets, has it?

If the Jets believe that J. Williams is the guy, then don't get cute and pick him up at #10.

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2022 at 9:14 PM, Nixhead said:

You've been listening to Jake Assman's flunkee? who put out a new mock draft every other day that everyone hates?

You should have heard his first mock.  He took like 7 defensive players and two offensive players.  Dude was going be the draft ratings for each individual player but still it was laughable.