RIP TAYLOR HAWKINS

Larz

Taylor Hawkins, the jovial, ferocious drummer for Foo Fighters, has died at the age of 50, according to a statement from the band.

“The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins,” read the message, which was posted to social media. “His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever.” Foo Fighters are currently on tour in South America and were preparing to perform at Festival Estéreo Picnic in Bogotá, Colombia, a rep for the band told Rolling Stone.

He complained of chest pains and the hotel he was at in Colombia called a Ambulance, but Taylor was dead by the time medical services arrived...

Nothing further has been released on cause of death. 

Taylor has had some drug issues in the past, but I don't want to speculate that drugs were involved in this. The band was in Colombia for shows.

Rest In Heaven My Friend?

Wow.  Just reading about this tragedy.  I first noticed Taylor as Alanis Morissette's drummer.  Went to another level or two with the Foo Fighters.  Just a top level rock drummer.  Also, especially in his younger days, a doppelgänger for Brad Pitt.

RIP, Taylor Hawkins.   You will be missed.   Condolences to his family, the band and friends.

From RUSH:  Foo Fighters were big fans of RUSH.

We are so very shocked and saddened to hear the devastating news of the sudden passing of our musical brother Taylor Hawkins.

He was such an incredibly positive source of music, energy and love, and a true artist to his very core...there are simply no words to adequately express just how much he will be missed by all - including Alex, myself and the entire Rush family.

Our hearts, love and sympathy go out to Taylor's family as well the Grohls, and the extended Foos family...

Rest In Peace brother...
Geddy and Alex

4681.f.jpg

277098681_2186834118158475_2815635181314747176_n.jpg

46 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

From RUSH:  Foo Fighters were big fans of RUSH.

We are so very shocked and saddened to hear the devastating news of the sudden passing of our musical brother Taylor Hawkins.

He was such an incredibly positive source of music, energy and love, and a true artist to his very core...there are simply no words to adequately express just how much he will be missed by all - including Alex, myself and the entire Rush family.

Our hearts, love and sympathy go out to Taylor's family as well the Grohls, and the extended Foos family...

Rest In Peace brother...
Geddy and Alex

4681.f.jpg

277098681_2186834118158475_2815635181314747176_n.jpg

Sadly, now the picture begins to emerge.  Damn I hate to hear this.   Such a waste.

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins had 10 different substances in his system when he died, Colombia's attorney general said Saturday in a statement. Hawkins, 50, was found dead in his hotel room in Bogotá on Friday night, shortly before the band was set to perform in the capital city.

Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, antidepressants and benzodiazepines, the statement said. An exact cause of death was not announced, and the National Institute of Forensic Medicine continues to investigate, the attorney general said.

https://news.yahoo.com/taylor-hawkins-had-10-substances-223243646.html

12 hours ago, PackerNation said:

"Sadly, now the picture begins to emerge"

What a waste."

Taylor's life was not a "waste" in ANY way. 

Don't reduce this to a tabloid story with little facts or truth.

Celebrate his life.

WTF?   The "waste" is that he is another who lost his life to drugs.  Not his life or impact on music.

Go argue in another thread, ideally on a Packers board.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

WTF?   The "waste" is that he is another who lost his life to drugs.  Not his life or impact on music.

Go argue in another thread, ideally on a Packers board.

You are assuming he "lost his life to drugs." The report you posted says he had marijuana, anti-depressants, and opioids in his system. Half the country has those same things in their system right now and are not going to die. 

Don't speculate on things you know nothing about. 

Wait for more factual evidence to be presented before jumping to conclusions about someones untimely passing.

If you don't like to be challenged, then don't imply a man's life was a "waste." A man you didn't know at all.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

You are assuming he "lost his life to drugs." The report you posted says he had marijuana, anti-depressants, and opioids in his system. Half the country has those same things in their system right now and are not going to die. 

Wait for more factual evidence to be presented before jumping to conclusions about someones untimely passing.

If you don't like to be challenged, then don't imply a man's life was a "waste." A man you didn't know at all.

Still arguing?

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

You’re debating in a RIP thread.

**** off.

• Post of the Week 3

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re debating in a RIP thread.

**** off.

Not "debating" anything. He tried to imply Taylor's life was a "waste." I will not allow it.

If he said that to my face I would snap that stack of dimes he calls a neck.

Taylor's family, friends, and loved ones deserve better than someone calling Taylor's life a "waste."

315740840_OIP(2).jpeg.a96b545ef942ca386608862626edd1af.jpeg

Oliver Taylor Hawkins

We Will Never Forget

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Not "debating" anything. He tried to imply Taylor's life was a "waste." I will not allow it.

Taylor's family, friends, and loved ones deserve better than someone calling Taylor's life a "waste."

Oliver Taylor Hawkins

We Will Never Forget

Man, is this a bit or are you that fukkin' dumb?  Again, the "waste" is that like so many others Taylor's life was shortened needlessly.  He had so much more to give to his family and musically.

2 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Oliver Taylor Hawkins

We Will Never Forget

You’re too stupid to troll + I don’t usually pass on an easy dunk.

On 3/26/2022 at 9:03 PM, PackerNation said:

"Sadly, now the picture begins to emerge"

What a waste."

Taylor's life was not a "waste" in ANY way. 

Don't reduce this to a tabloid story with little facts or truth.

Celebrate his life.

We're not the ones that made a 50 year old man with a wife and children, wealth, fame, and comfort do Heroin,  Benzos, Oxy and weed.

It is what it is. As someone who's been on the front line of the Opiod epidemic for the past decade, I'm just jaded to it at this point.

• Upvote 3

On 3/27/2022 at 5:40 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

We're not the ones that made a 50 year old man with a wife and children, wealth, fame, and comfort do Heroin,  Benzos, Oxy and weed.

It is what it is. As someone who's been on the front line of the Opiod epidemic fornthe past decade, Im just jaded to it at this point.

Yes… the news broke my heart. That at 50 he was still partying.  I feel for his family and hope this is a wake up call for others.  

• Upvote 2

Great tribute from Paul McCartney's Instagram:

"Taylor’s sudden death came as a shock to me and the people who knew and loved him. 

Not only was he a GREAT drummer but his personality was big and shiny and will be sorely missed by all who were lucky to live and work alongside him. I was asked by the Foo Fighters to play on one of their tracks. It turned out that they wanted me to play drums! - on one of Taylor’s songs. This request came from a group with TWO amazing drummers!

It was an incredible session and cemented my relationship with Taylor and the guys. Later they asked if I would induct them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I sang with them on ‘Get Back’. Taylor provided a powerhouse drum part. I’ll never forget that night. All of which made it much more of a desperately sad shock to hear he had died. So thanks Taylor for sharing some glorious minutes with me. You were a true Rock and Roll hero and will always remain in my heart.

God bless his family and band - Love Paul X"

Missed this thread but glad to see it was started.

Huge Foo Fighters fan, we've seen them about a dozen times.  Took the wife and daughter (her first Foo show) to one of Taylor's last performances on February 26th here in Arizona at the Innings Festival in Tempe.

This one just really sucks.

RIP Taylor.

• Sympathy 1

On 3/27/2022 at 12:43 PM, PackerNation said:

about 10% of the population has done pot in the past month.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

marijuana, anti-depressants, and opioids in his system. Half the country has those same things in their system right now

31 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

about 10% of the population has done pot in the past month.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

marijuana, anti-depressants, and opioids in his system. Half the country has those same things in their system right now

Where did you get the information that only 10% of the country "has done pot in the past month."?

The way you worded that shows me you are a clueless clown that is just making things up. Are you some bible thumper that is going to tell me that weed is the devil? 

GTFO of my face.