Regarding the Tyreek Hill Situation

McNeil

Here’s where I don’t understand the JD hate .

What you you have done differently in his 3 years (except for drafting better ) I mean obviously you wouldn’t have chosen mims or Ashtyn Davis is you had a re-do but other than that . How could you have rebuilt this franchise after inheriting the sh*t show that Mac left ??

no big free agent will come unless paying a huge jet tax.

he dumped Darnold and Adams for a huge haul . Now he has to hit on those and hope that he picked the right QB and coach .

I just don’t get how anyone can “hate “ what he has done and think for a second that he should be fired ?? For what ?? Missing on a few picks ?? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CT Jets said:

What you you have done differently in his 3 years (except for drafting better ) I mean obviously you wouldn’t have chosen mims or Ashtyn Davis is you had a re-do but other than that . How could you have rebuilt this franchise after inheriting the sh*t show that Mac left ??

he dumped Darnold and Adams for a huge haul . Now he has to hit on those and hope that he picked the right QB and coach .

I just don’t get how anyone can “hate “ what he has done and think for a second that he should be fired ?? For what ?? Missing on a few picks ?? 

98.765% chance he ruined Sack Wilson by giving him a very young and inexperienced OC, and a backup that had never taken a snap in the NFL , had no camp competition and threw him to the wolves when he obviously wasn’t ready.  Wilson struggled with confidence and it showed. 

Also, don’t piss on our heads and tell us it’s rain. It doesn’t take 5 years to turn a roster around. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, McNeil said:

I'm glad the Jets were in at high stakes.

The kid wanted to go back home, who can blame him. Not to mention Miami possesses great allure on many levels most of all no state tax.

The Jets now have the good fortune to deal with Hill on the field twice a year.

Mic drop.

If only someone had started a thread when this went down and it went on for page after page. You could have found it and posted this there.

Oh wait. They did. 
But at least you threw in what you thought was a mic drop. ?

4 hours ago, CT Jets said:

When you’re “building through the draft”, you can’t afford to miss a few picks, especially when your picks are high af. 

Becton instead of Whirf and Mims instead of Claypool was clearly a mistake even when he drafted them. Those two picks alone changes a lot. Dumpster diving in FA when your roster is already a dumpster fire isn’t ideal either. Not providing a quality WR to your big investment QB is beyond moronic. Hill move was a realization of that mistake but it’s way too lake to make amends without giving up a ton in a trade. 

So yeah, when you’re building through the draft, you better hit or else it’s on you. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets being involved cost the Dolphins more cap $ and draft capital.

How was what went down a bad idea by Joe Douglas again?

Rosenhaus knew Hill was only going to Miami. The Chiefs knew Hill was only going to Miami. Hill knew Hill was only going to Miami. And given that they had an extension prepared roughly ten minutes after the trade was completed, it’s fairly likely that Miami knew that Hill was only going to Miami. So, kudos to Joe Douglas for being the rube that occupied a chair at the poker table. The bad idea part comes with Joe Douglas getting publicly owned in pursuit of a 28 year-old speed receiver with multiple, confirmed, grisly instances of domestic violence on his ledger, a week after they refused to get into the bidding for Deshaun Watson, presumably on grounds of esteemed morality. Not only did Douglas lose out on Hill, he also ceded any shred of moral high ground he pretended to hold, all for a guy who wanted no part of being here. And the coup de grace? Hill, in his Miami presser, scoffing at the idea of even considering playing for the godforsaken Jets and eliciting laughs from the assembled media. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s Rosenhaus’ account, by the way:

1. Chiefs knew they weren’t going to pay Hill after Davante reset the market.

2. Chiefs tell Rosenhaus to round up trade offers.

3. Hill had been pressing Rosenhaus to get him to Miami.

4. Twelve teams were interested, but only two teams wanted to pay Hill.

5. Jets were first in with trade compensation.

6. Rosenhaus to Douglas: 

Although Rosenhaus tried to stay neutral about Hill’s choice of teams, he also was frank with Jets GM Joe Douglas.

“Joe, I think it’s going to be an uphill battle because Tyreek really, really feels strongly about playing in Florida,” Rosenhaus said.

Rosenhaus didn’t have an agreement with Grier promising a chance to match the best offer, but he didn’t give that assurance to the Jets, either.

And so, on Tuesday night, before Hill could finalize the decision to join the Jets, the Dolphins stepped in with the kind of speed Hill could appreciate.

https://amp.palmbeachpost.com/amp/7175487001

9 hours ago, Larz said:

98.765% chance he ruined Sack Wilson by giving him a very young and inexperienced OC, and a backup that had never taken a snap in the NFL , had no camp competition and threw him to the wolves when he obviously wasn’t ready.  Wilson struggled with confidence and it showed. 

Also, don’t piss on our heads and tell us it’s rain. It doesn’t take 5 years to turn a roster around. 

Interested in examples on roster that were rebuilt ground up in less then 3 years 

9 hours ago, Larz said:

You don't get confidence sitting on the bench holding a clipboard, you get confidence by learning from and correcting your mistakes. Zach played differently in the last handful of games last season. Lets see if he can build on that going into a 2nd season where he and his teammates are not learning on the fly. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

When you’re “building through the draft”, you can’t afford to miss a few picks, especially when your picks are high af. 

Becton instead of Whirf and Mims instead of Claypool was clearly a mistake even when he drafted them. Those two picks alone changes a lot. Dumpster diving in FA when your roster is already a dumpster fire isn’t ideal either. Not providing a quality WR to your big investment QB is beyond moronic. Hill move was a realization of that mistake but it’s way too lake to make amends without giving up a ton in a trade. 

So yeah, when you’re building through the draft, you better hit or else it’s on you. 

Show me a team that consistently hits on all their high draft picks - contrary to popular beliefs - that doesn't exist .

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Interested in examples on roster that were rebuilt ground up in less then 3 years 

It’s never ground up. There are always pieces.  Teams   add draft picks every year even during salary dumps. 
Gase went 7-9, , brought his guy Joe in who dismantled the team and fired Gase for losing.  Thanks buddy!

What’s the trajectory going from 7 wins to 2 to 4 ?   6?   

His biggest fan here posted that 2022 isn’t the turn around year btw, it’s 2023 ???

ironic that we’re discussing mr. “build patiently through the draft “ in the thread about him getting used in his pursuit of Hill don’t you think?

Here’s 25 worst to first 1 year turn arounds including some very recent examples 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/the_most_significant_worst_to_first_nfl_teams/s1__36303845

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You don't get confidence sitting on the bench holding a clipboard, you get confidence by learning from and correcting your mistakes. Zach played differently in the last handful of games last season. Lets see if he can build on that going into a 2nd season where he and his teammates are not learning on the fly. 

Yeah can’t believe he Chiefs held back Mahomes. Sack looked scared against the Bills if we’re being honest 

• Haha 1

Just now, Larz said:

Yeah can’t believe he Chiefs held back Mahomes. Sack looked scared against the Bills if we’re being honest 

He did, but if we are being fair he probably didn’t recognize half the guys  he was playing with on offense in that last game. In complete transparency I scared for him too, 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jets didn't have the luxury of an Alex Smith, Zach could sit behind and " truly learn" the game from.  Also many QB's sh*t the bed and looked lost against the Bills D last season. Taking your lumps and building from it is how the modern day QB evolves. The QB either has the mentality to overcome the setbacks or he truly isn't a franchise QB to begin with.  Let's hope Zach builds off of 2021 .

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He did, but if we are being fair he probably didn’t recognize half the guys  he was playing with on offense in that last game. In complete transparency I scared for him too, 

Apropos of this thread, Tyreek Hill was asked about his first impressions of Mahomes, and Hill said “They drafted this guy? He stinks!” Now, imagine how different Mahomes’ career may have gone if Andy Reid threw Mahomes out there to get curb stomped and stapled Alex Smith to the bench because he was worried about Mahomes’ “confidence.” Hill and Kelce would have run him up a flagpole.

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s never ground up. There are always pieces.  Teams   add draft picks every year even during salary dumps. 
Gase went 7-9, , brought his guy Joe in who dismantled the team and fired Gase for losing.  Thanks buddy!

What’s the trajectory going from 7 wins to 2 to 4 ?   6?   

His biggest fan here posted that 2022 isn’t the turn around year btw, it’s 2023 ???

ironic that we’re discussing mr. “build patiently through the draft “ in the thread about him getting used in his pursuit of Hill don’t you think?

Here’s 25 worst to first 1 year turn arounds including some very recent examples 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/the_most_significant_worst_to_first_nfl_teams/s1__36303845

Asking cause I don’t know but what player is on this current 2022 jet team that was on the team prior to JD arrival?

7 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

I’ll admit he missed a few picks the first year . But it seems so far that this last draft was good but I’m not willing the put Moore in canton or call becton a bust yet 

he has put them in position to have 4 picks in the top 40 this year . If he hits on Those and Wilson improves and jets are competitive this season . Then they are in a great spot for the future 

that’s a great 3 year rebuild if he pulls it off . Just seems like there are a lot on here that want to pull plug because of a few bad draft picks . 

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets being involved cost the Dolphins more cap $ and draft capital.

How was what went down a bad idea by Joe Douglas again?

This. 

Reek wasn't going anywhere but Miami. Beat reporters knew it, do people really think NFL Front Offices didn't know? LOL. 

Joe jumped in to force the price higher. He was in it as a spoiler. 

It's actually pretty damn funny.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

4. Twelve teams were interested, but only two teams wanted to pay Hill.

This raises the question on Brown and Metcalf.  

Will the Jets be the only team willing to pay $30mm a year for a WR and the heavy draft comp that will come with it?

I know they're both 3.5 years younger.   But that's a lot of cash and capital that most teams aren't willing to part with.

Jets may be the only serious player.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Larz said:

98.765% chance he ruined Sack Wilson

There is a 98.765% chance that you or anyone knows ZACH Wilson is ruined.  Along with all the others in his draft class given how they all played. There is a 98.975% chance that how he turns out has anything to do with there being a competition over playing time.  There is a 99.999% chance that if they started the season with ZACH on the bench, that would be your reason he was ruined.  

• Upvote 4

I’ll admit he missed a few picks the first year . But it seems so far that this last draft was good but I’m not willing the put Moore in canton or call becton a bust yet 
he has put them in position to have 4 picks in the top 40 this year . If he hits on Those and Wilson improves and jets are competitive this season . Then they are in a great spot for the future 

that’s a great 3 year rebuild if he pulls it off . Just seems like there are a lot on here that want to pull plug because of a few bad draft picks . 

A few? He missed on just about every one. And if you take your green colored glasses off you’d see he missed on QB too. Building through the draft requires good drafting, we’ve had one bad draft and one very suspect draft that’s leaning towards bad really quick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Apropos of this thread, Tyreek Hill was asked about his first impressions of Mahomes, and Hill said “They drafted this guy? He stinks!” Now, imagine how different Mahomes’ career may have gone if Andy Reid threw Mahomes out there to get curb stomped and stapled Alex Smith to the bench because he was worried about Mahomes’ “confidence.” Hill and Kelce would have run him up a flagpole.

Exactly.  I posted this in that trade thread as well.  People on here weren't even considering the downside of having Hill here.  If Zach messed up, Hill could say anything he wanted to and there would be nothing the team could do about it (same thing is true with Tua in Miami).  Plus Zach seems like more of a choir boy.  Was he really going to be BFF with Tyreek off-the-field to make things go more smoothly?  There was a great chance of that trade blowing up in our faces.  And that's putting aside the fact that Tyreek is a complete scvmbag.

If JD was willing to trade for a controversial player, Deshaun Watson would've made a lot more sense.  

EDIT: I haven't given up on ZW btw.  I do think we have to give him this season at least to see if he can improve.  I still have high hopes for him even though I thought he mostly stunk until the final 5 games.  (Not that he was great in those 5 games but I did see improvement and more confidence)

• Upvote 1