The Jets must draft a defensive tackle to replace Fatukasi in this years draft.

Alka

12 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You know the rules. You can't criticize a players chest without a picture of your own. 

That post should be (far) more of a classic than "one day guys like Braxton Berrios won't be on this team".

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If Perrion Winfrey is still there in the early second, I can see him being the guy at 35 or 38. 

Senior bowl standout so the Jets have great intel on him. 

Winfrey in the 2nd would be a steal. Edge and wr in the 1st, Winfrey and Raimann in the 2nd would be my choice. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The Jets Already drafted his replacement... Last Year

uejgpxfrmkw61.png

Good, glad that’s settled, I will literally break out in hives if we draft interior D line or a safety day 1 or day 2. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Lot of understandable hate for drafting Jordan Davis @ 10. 

But... what if I told you... we did this after having traded both second round picks for say AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin or DK Metcalf and drafting an edge @ 4?

Matrix Morpheus GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I would say give me Devin Lloyd at 10. Nft What GIF by Vibeheads

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Winfrey in the 2nd would be a steal. Edge and wr in the 1st, Winfrey and Raimann in the 2nd would be my choice. 

Winfrey or Travis Jones will be one of our second round picks.  DT is too big of a need and both are excellent players and value in the 35-38 range.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Lot of understandable hate for drafting Jordan Davis @ 10. 

But... what if I told you... we did this after having traded both second round picks for say AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin or DK Metcalf and drafting an edge @ 4?

Matrix Morpheus GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'd hate it still, you can put the pills away.

• Haha 2

If we’re just looking for a new version of snacks or Fatukasi..... Noah Elliss in the mid rounds. 350 pounder from a small school.  Had bigger school offers but followed his dad (first rounder for lions Luther) to Idaho. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Drafting nothing, but safeties and DTs is a sound strategy that has gotten the Jets where they are today. 

Look much of the last decade "doesn't count".  The Jets never had anything close to a real GM.  Do you realize how much less of a burden would be on Douglas if the "two stupidest Owners in the league" just gave the job to some Fantasy Football computer whiz kid in high school over a stumble bum like Maccagnan? Off topic, side note...where is he today?

Maccagnan drafted the Safeties and DT's because ESPN gave him those picks, after that? The moron was totally lost.  But worst of all, it was quickly apparent that he had NO PLAN.  Just throwing sh*t against a wall.

Whether it works or not, Douglas definitely has a Plan and is a Pro in my book.  The Jets will soon move to the phase where they are COMPETITIVE EVERY GAME (see Zach Wilson (with no talent around him) vs The GOAT and a #4 D) .  Which is a big stepping stone considering the fact that Douglas has to tear down and rebuild almost an entire 53 man roster.  Macagnan left him with probably less than 5 players that belong on an NFL roster.

• Haha 1

Look much of the last decade "doesn't count".  The Jets never had anything close to a real GM.  Do you realize how much less of a burden would be on Douglas if the "two stupidest Owners in the league" just gave the job to some Fantasy Football computer whiz kid in high school over a stumble bum like Maccagnan? Off topic, side note...where is he today?
Maccagnan drafted the Safeties and DT's because ESPN gave him those picks, after that? The moron was totally lost.  But worst of all, it was quickly apparent that he had NO PLAN.  Just throwing sh*t against a wall.
Whether it works or not, Douglas definitely has a Plan and is a Pro in my book.  The Jets will soon move to the phase where they are COMPETITIVE EVERY GAME (see Zach Wilson (with no talent around him) vs The GOAT and a #4 D) .  Which is a big stepping stone considering the fact that Douglas has to tear down and rebuild almost an entire 53 man roster.  Macagnan left him with probably less than 5 players that belong on an NFL roster.

Yes it does! I’ve been living through this garbage for decades. Don’t stop at Idzik……. Tanny, Bradway…. It goes way beyond. And I hate to tell you but signs aren’t looking any different now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Yes it does! I’ve been living through this garbage for decades. Don’t stop at Idzik……. Tanny, Bradway…. It goes way beyond. And I hate to tell you but signs aren’t looking any different now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm right there with you on the "decades" part.  I despised Bradway.  Idzik and Maccagnan aren't even worth wasting another two seconds writing about.  They're not GM's and barely scouts...never were.  It was also telling how the Organization finally fired the incompetent Bradway but instead of burning and salting his office down like they should have, they only busted him down a few ranks and STILL kept him on the payroll.  This has been Mom & Pop CYA Organization for far too long, with the fans getting totally played ie "Well if we fire this GM or cut this player then I will personally look bad, so we're not doing any of that".

Tannenbaum should never have had a say in personnel decisions being a lawyer/accountant.  When much of the Parcells roster was past its due date he was clueless.

I miss Mike Hickey (see Decades), who took a bad rap sometimes but in my mind put together one of the strongest teams in the league, BOTH sides of the ball, but could just never get to the Super Bowl.  They were stronger on paper than a number of teams that did.

With that being said I really like Douglas' last draft and I think he is a phenomenal Trader.  Lets hope he keeps on that same trajectory.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

It would not surprise me to see a 2nd round pick used for a DT.   I think that is why they signed the TEs.  So in Rds 2-4 we need to find a DT, S, RB and LB, minimum.  

I would be SHOCKED if we drafted a DT in Rd. 2. With JFM, Rankins, Shep, Marshall and even Smart all potentially being able to rotate as the secondary DT next to Q, it would be overkill. Especially if the Jets drafted an Edge rusher in Rd. 1. Maybe take a flyer on a DT late, maybe sign a cheap vet in FA. But don't use a 2nd round pick on one. 

7 hours ago, Alka said:

As we all know, the Jets employ a 4-3 defense, and for that to work, we need to put pressure on the QB, as well as clogging up the middle.  The Jets must draft a defensive tackle, because as it stands right now, we don't have one to replace Fatukasi.

Sure, we have Rankins, who if he stays healthy, is a good player to rotate in and out of the lineup.  We resigned Shephard, who is a legitimate backup and rotational player.  We have Marshall, who was a rookie last season, and still unproven in my mind.  But we need that stud in the middle of the defense to play along side Quinen Williams.

Franklin Myers is considered a tweeter, and his official position is left defensive end.  

So, who is that player who we can feel comfortable with to start alongside Quinnen Williams?  The answer is "we don't have anyone".

The Jets might need a starting defensive tackle as much as they need an edge rusher at this point.  Consider that Carl Lawson is coming back healthy (we hope), we have Franklin Myers that we paid handsomely during the season, we still have Zuniga (unproven), and we signed an edge rusher that we hope will do some things this year.

Tell me I'm wrong!!

You’re wrong

we need to draft EDGE Thibodeaux or Hutchinson. We have QW and Shepherd on the interior

16 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

You’re wrong

we need to draft EDGE Thibodeaux or Hutchinson. We have QW and Shepherd on the interior

So, in the Jets 32nd ranked defense from last season, where the Jets run defense was at the bottom of the league, you feel that getting an edge will solve the problem.  You feel that Fatukasi was a luxury, and doesn't need to be replaced.  Heck, we got Shepherd to clog up the middle; we will be fine!

Sorry, You're wrong!

9 hours ago, Alka said:

So, in the Jets 32nd ranked defense from last season, where the Jets run defense was at the bottom of the league, you feel that getting an edge will solve the problem.  You feel that Fatukasi was a luxury, and doesn't need to be replaced.  Heck, we got Shepherd to clog up the middle; we will be fine!

Sorry, You're wrong!

Run defense sucked last year because Saleh was using slow 3-4 Lbs in a 4-3 scheme 

he’s like an opposite universe Eric Mangina