JD and his creation of his team...

We also have no insurance that Big George will stick around after this year. Although it’s not my preference to take another tackle I would not be all that upset if we did  (being the dinosaur that I am I do believe that games are won and lost due to line play on both sides of ball and strong running game are keys to consistently winnings teams)
 Now on the other hand if Big George signs an extension prior to draft day and JD still drafts Neal or Ekwonu then that’s a red flag on Bectons status in the coaching staff eyes and then JD should be vilified on the pick and rightfully so 

George Fant played at an elite level last year, and that’s not even considering the fact his QB was one of the worst in the league holding the ball. Fant openly stated that he was best at LT and wanted the opportunity to play LT when we signed him. We could have drafted Wirfs and had our OL pretty much settled for the next 5 years, yet here we are talking about drafting Ekwonu.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

George Fant played at an elite level last year, and that’s not even considering the fact his QB was one of the worst in the league holding the ball. Fant openly stated that he was best at LT and wanted the opportunity to play LT when we signed him. We could have drafted Wirfs and had our OL pretty much settled for the next 5 years, yet here we are talking about drafting Ekwonu.

If I remember correctly the talk of drafting Ekwonu or Neal and putting him at guard for a year was prior to JD signing Laken. Now that Tomlinson has signed I am not hearing the cry for Ekwonu or Neal at all since the situation has changed. As I said before I would sign Zion for center resign George    Becton to RT with AVT and Laken that is a formidable line 

If I remember correctly the talk of drafting Ekwonu or Neal and putting him at guard for a year was prior to JD signing Laken. Now that Tomlinson has signed I am not hearing the cry for Ekwonu or Neal at all since the situation has changed. As I said before I would sign Zion for center resign George    Becton to RT with AVT and Laken that is a formidable line 

Until Becton gets hurt, then what?

2 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Over the past few years, JD has dumped players from previous regimes and added players to fit his scheme...the upcoming draft and team cuts remain to fill his first few years.  We're going to be very competitive and we're going to win games this coming season...how many games we win I couldn't tell you.  A lot rests on the shoulders of ZW because this kid has to show big strides...and I mean big.  Next year, you will see a different JD on how he approaches FA.  Forget these stop gap players he's been signing because he will go after big name FA to fill any holes he's missed over the past few years.  And like I mentioned, a lot falls on ZW because if he isn't the franchise QB, well we won't be back to square one, but JD will be looking for a replacement that fits his model.  What do you people think?

Make A Plan Hope GIF by StickerGiant

Until Becton gets hurt, then what?

We went from one extreme to the other with the OL. Not every lineman needs to be a top pick. This regime should start finding depth and future OL starters in the later rounds if they know what they are doing (which is debatable at this point)