These things don't go together- Trey Burks

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Just like the ras doesn't necessarily mean production in the nfl neither does it equate to failure... if Burks falls to the 2nd like Elijah Moore did last year, I would be all for drafting him... but I Seriously doubt he will fall that far. 

He's gone by 15 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Good:

The Ugly:

image.png.920041e845ae6239dd40d1d0dd99ce2a.png

Very confusing, kid looks fast af on the field, and then had a bad day at the combine.

Personally,  I like him. I would LOVE him at 10 if Wilson is gone. I think he's way better than London (who had future Amazon drivers draped all over him on every catch), and would be a perfect complement to Davis/Moore  etc.

Thoughts?

Unless there's a good explanation for the combine performance I can't see Douglas going this route, especially at 10. He's pretty consistently gone after guys with high RAS.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is the horrific RAS graph of the notoriously unathletic slug DeAndre Hopkins.

4767E37E-B0FA-4FD2-A25D-BDCD3F2DBD8C.png

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The laughable and putris RAS graph for unproductive turd Cooper Kupp

9481D057-8056-4ADB-96EB-F2D1A012961B.png

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ultra slow Davante Adams

FBED6769-9A2B-4329-B9D9-571330EE7F3E.png

Soooo, Draft Treylon Burks..?

• Post of the Week 2

JD so far is a WR in the 2nd kinda guy. More of a trenches guy in the first.  Hard to see him going WR at 4. Barring a trade 10 is the possibility   Looking at the hill interest I wonder if he is targeting olave late first 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think some folks put too much emphasis on the RAS.

RAS = Workout Warrior

College Resume, Experience, Quality of Opponent, i.e. Film is a better evaluation tool for a guy's future.

RAS shouldn't be ignored, but it's not an evaluation of playing football, which is what we want them to do well.

You are correct but our GM seems to be one of these folks. 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think some folks put too much emphasis on the RAS.

RAS = Workout Warrior

College Resume, Experience, Quality of Opponent, i.e. Film is a better evaluation tool for a guy's future.

RAS shouldn't be ignored, but it's not an evaluation of playing football, which is what we want them to do well.

Says the fan who has made all of his takes on college players from numbers given his claims that he doesn’t watch college football because it’s minor league football.

he tested very very badly on the 3 cone...which measures body control and change of direction. that, plus he wasnt asked to run a lot of routes in college. i think the combination of the 2 things is going to give teams pause.

that being said, DK had the same issue and i think Deebo wasnt great in the 3 cone either...so those things will help Burks in the draft. I think he is going to go with one of the philly pics just because there is going to be a run on receiver around 10-18.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am very bad at receiver analysis. A real blind spot in my otherwise flawless scouting repertoire.

I wanted DK Metcalf at 3 over QW and people mocked....MOCKED me!! ? 

I think Burk is a bigger Deebo, better than London (who will run a 4.7... if he does run a 40) and the second best WR in the draft behind G. Wilson. 

New Zealand Boom GIF by beIN SPORTS APAC

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Burks 3 cone is 7.28?  All the other “unathletic” Hopkins, Kupp etc had 3 cone under 7.00. 

Metcalf also had a terrible 3 cone (7.38) but a great 40 time 4.33

i dont know how worried i would be about the 40 time. he has highlights outrunning the entire alabama team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

If it wasn't for the medical red flags Jamison Williams and George Pickens are by far the two best receivers in this draft  If Douglas is confident that both can return at %100, that's who we would trade up for.

why is pickens by far one of the best receivers in this draft? what production has he had to warrant that praise? you can have that opinion, but its not based on anything but your projection of the player.

He ran a 4.47 at the combine which i guess is fast for a 6'3 guy, but its not DK fast, his other testing was basically same as say Burks. His production was nothing to write home about in college.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

why is pickens by far one of the best receivers in this draft? what production has he had to warrant that praise? you can have that opinion, but its not based on anything but your projection of the player.

He ran Ia 4.47 at the combine which i guess is fast for a 6'3 guy, but its not DK fast, his other testing was basically same as say Burks. His production was nothing to write home about in college.

I think you're right. Probably oversold Pickens. I do feel he's more of a big play threat and better route runner than Burks. Problem with Pickens is he's missed a bunch of games the last two years. Good choice in the 2nd rd, if we double dip. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is the horrific RAS graph of the notoriously unathletic slug DeAndre Hopkins.

4767E37E-B0FA-4FD2-A25D-BDCD3F2DBD8C.png

Of course.  That's why Houston only got a 2nd round pick and a washed up David Johnson when they gave him to Arizona.  Now I get it. 

• Haha 1