Off Topic: Will Smith punches Chris Rock at the Oscars?

Maxman

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

The whole thing was weird, and the "Keep my wife name out your ******* mouth" X 2 while Chris just kinda stood there was uncomfortable. The people there were all Like, uh, is this in the script?

I just watched the video during the commercial. Will Smith looked like he was crying. Insane.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I just watched the video during the commercial. Will Smith looked like he was crying. Insane.

Saw a clip of that too.  Will Smith won an Oscar and had tears streaming all down his face.  

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Alright… you guys have to put up a video of this. Please?

(if you do, I’ll not only thank you, I promise not to make fun of you for watching the Oscars)

It’s taken over the internet 

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Chris Rock said "I'm going to" (keep his wife's name out of his mouth).  But you could see he was going to make a joke about it (I assume taking a shot at Will Smith) but then held back.  I would LOVE to know what he was going to say there.  If he said it at the time, I have a feeling it would've started a brawl on live TV.

Hollywood actors “brawling”…lol

Liberace could throw better hands 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was an inappropriate joke but slapping the guy on live television?  Talk about a lack of self-control.  And Will Smith laughed after Chris Rock told the joke too.

EDIT: I didn't watch the Oscars btw.  I only watched the ~2 minute clip.

Yeah self control, the smart asses of the world count on self control when they makes jokes about people and never get held to account. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah self control, the smart asses of the world count on self control when they makes jokes about people and never get held to account. 

I can understand Will Smith being upset at the joke but this was a black tie event and was being broadcast on live TV.  He needs to have some self-control there.  Also, he initially laughed at the joke.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Alright… you guys have to put up a video of this. Please?

(if you do, I’ll not only thank you, I promise not to make fun of you for watching the Oscars)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wild 

the audio is nuts. 

im assuming Rick didn’t know it was alopecia 

That's what makes me think it wasn't a scripted bit, lol. Props to Rock for staying cool.

And even if he did know about the alopecia. I mean, come on...

It's alopecia. It ain't cancer.

• Haha 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

It wasn’t a punch it was a slap 

And even then it was weak as hell

Chris Rock is like 5’8 140 and he was more shocked than anything.

Anyhoo, Hollywood is garbage lol

yes a slap

the thing is the liability issue here is such a big deal there is no way it was not pre planned 

i mean chris rock can file a police report t  , he can sue will smith , he can sue the Oscars , 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

That's what makes me think it wasn't a scripted bit, lol. Props to Rock for staying cool.

And even if he did know about the alopecia. I mean, come on...

It's alopecia. It ain't cancer.

It’s from an auto immune disease. Those can be progressive.  

It was real. It was shown live in Australia and Japan with no bleeps. 

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

True story. I’ve never heard of Alopecia until just now.

I had to Google it just to be sure it wasn't anything deadly.

Three seconds looking at the first page of results and I have determined it's not.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Pretty disgraceful.  His wife has made a habit for years divulging the deepest secrets of their family including banging other dudes and Smith is going to snap over a GI Jane joke?

There is no honor in embarrassing himself, his family, and making everyone in that venue uncomfortable. 

Get a grip, jerkoff.  People in Ukraine are losing everything..  your wife lost her hair.  If you want to fight him backstage go for it. 

It also brought more attention to the situation.  

• Upvote 2