Off Topic: Will Smith punches Chris Rock at the Oscars?

Maxman

10 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

If it’s not appropriate there it’s not appropriate anywhere,  I don’t think the location/circumstance adds to it being wrong. It’s just wrong - period. 

I don’t see how he “pissed on his professional community” personally but I don’t really think that factors into whether or not hitting someone is right/wrong. 

I have No doubt if I’m in front of you and it occurs organically, I can get you to slap me. It’s really easy money. The question is when does it become worth it for you to slap me. And what I’m saying is that we cannot dictate when it becomes worth it for different people and certainly when it comes to someone’s wife. 

If your point is to say Will was wrong to slap someone and the action is despicable then you need not debate further because majority of people agree with you, including me and I’m sure including Will Smith. 

So my question to you is, other than saying what Will Smith did was wrong (which it was), is there something else we are talking about? 

Agree.  I also think the idea that he was somehow defending his wife is absurd.  It made her look like a victim who couldn't defend herself.  She's more than capable of emasculating Chris Rock.  She's emasculated Will Smith plenty of times publicly.    

You couldn't get me to slap you.  I'd walk away or I would take you into the Thunderdome.  Two go in, one goes out...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think we’ve all done that and then we process what’s been said and realize we were the butt of the joke.
While there are other ways to handle your anger I can sympathize. If someone said that about my wife or my kids I’d be very upset. Wills a big dude with a big attitude and ego. I think he’s been watching too many Denzel movies.

I live a few blocks from where Rascals (A well known comedy club) was. I have witnessed many people being angry at the fun made about them or a wife, gf and such. I also saw some of them leaving. The second someone strikes another, it is assault. According to the California Penal Code 240 and 242, a victim does NOT have to testy to an assault if witnessed by others in order to be charged with the assault. What Will Smith did is absolutely an assault regardless of how "offended" he was. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Butterfield said:

So, that means some nonsense on the oscars stays and news about another nfl team goes? Very weird take.  

Yes. People complaining about taxes sucks and the the politics involved  is boring as hell. Will Smith bitch slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars is pretty damn exciting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. People complaining about taxes sucks and the the politics involved  is boring as hell. Will Smith bitch slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars is pretty damn exciting. 

Very strange.  How anyone could find this topic entertaining shows how low brow we have become as a society.  Disturbing.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Would our conversation include the part where he laughed at the joke? Or would it only pick up from the part where Jada did whatever she did to shift the tenor of his reaction?

How about violence in the work place? Would that be on the table as a topic?

What about infidelity? Mental health?

First of all idk what infidelity or mental health has to do with the incident at hand..

As far as his initial laugh I think it could be attributed to a couple things that we maybe aren’t thinking about and I really can’t say cuz I’m not him. I am also just not sure what the insinuation is noting that  part- that he wasn’t offended until he saw how much it hurt his wife?  

As far as workplace violence - for sure, throw that in there. What he did was wrong so idk that you can be MORE wrong but I think that’s absolutely fair and warranted addition

1 minute ago, Be_a_Jet said:

First of all idk what infidelity or mental health has to do with the incident at hand..

As far as his initial laugh I think it could be attributed to a couple things that we maybe aren’t thinking about and I really can’t say cuz I’m not him. I am also just not sure what the insinuation is noting that  part- that he wasn’t offended until he saw how much it hurt his wife?  

As far as workplace violence - for sure, throw that in there. What he did was wrong so idk that you can be MORE wrong but I think that’s absolutely fair and warranted addition

My comments are about their history. He hit Rock for himself, not her. They’re all ****ed up.

• Upvote 1

Did not watch this at all, BUT- Did the cameras pan to the Smiths immediately after the joke? If so, how did they know to do that so quickly. Not saying this was staged, but at least the crew would have known this was coming (reaction). Maybe I am wrong.
No they didn't... ... looked real to me and in in the biz.

F TV, F Hollywood,  F gossips, F society, F social media, F politicians,  F news, F plastic surgery,  F divas, F glutinous people, F French fries, F McDonald's and Burger King, F Disney, F ESPN, F AFC East rivals, F lazy people,  F filthy people, F stuck ups, F Ben Roethlisberger and Watson, F cowards, F those cowards again, F racism, F hypocrisy, F bullies, F internet thugs, F greed, F mock drafts..sub please.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 5

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

What?  

21 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

So, that means some nonsense on the oscars stays and news about another nfl team goes? Very weird take.  

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Why? I'm not the one condemning his thread making choices. You are. 

2 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

F TV, F Hollywood,  F gossips, F society, F social media, F politicians,  F news, F plastic surgery,  F divas, F glutinous people, F French fries, F McDonald's and Burger King, F Disney, F ESPN, F AFC East rivals, F lazy people,  F filthy people, F stuck ups, F Ben Roethlisberger and Watson, F cowards, F those cowards again, F racism, F hypocrisy, F bullies, F internet thugs, F greed, F mock drafts..sub please.

6xTxAZFpyUYfUmv5GBkw=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r

• Haha 3