Off Topic: Will Smith punches Chris Rock at the Oscars?

Maxman

38 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

This was a big thing for lots for people.   

Meh.  It was weird.   I’ve moved on and wish I could never hear about it again lol 

Yeah, I'm done.   Staged or not, one or both of these two men are spineless cucks.  Can't believe I've wasted any time discussing it one way or the other.

Dumb.

8 hours ago, Awesumtenor said:

It has essentially killed her career, her self-esteem and has her suicidal. As the husband of a woman with alopecia, I can tell you she’d rather have cancer; with cancer at least your hair comes back after chemo. I don’t know if I would have responded like this but I fully understand why he did it. Just laughing it off just might have been the thing to push her off the ledge because that would have reinforced the idea that she is ugly and not worth defending. 

I'm bald.

Somehow I find a way to keep going. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

53 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

1. You have to be alive to be considered ON the planet  Otherwise you're IN the planet.

2. I said biggest. You said best.

3. Leave my avatar out of your fcking mouth. Leave my avatar out of your fcking mouth.

Everyone should know that when I slap @Gastineau Lives at the JN Awards (The Jennies), that slap will be 100% authentic. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Pac said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the people doubting the legitimacy of this incident are similarly outspoken about other, shall we say, notable events the last couple years.

Not sure when or why it happened but this inclination to try and concoct a conspiracy around every big event is more prevalent than ever.  And it's a problem.

Oh my

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

lol. For the 18th time they are actors. They act out scenes. You realize Austin wasn’t actually getting arrested because Vince called the police right?

The media can flap their gums about this for the next week. 

You didn’t answer the question. You think Chris Rock, acting or not, wants to look like a bitch on the national stage? With Austin and Vince, we know it’s staged. But Chris Rock is trying to sell it as something that’s real, right? Which means he wants people to think he looks like a bitch for real. I know you’re trolling right now but, whatever, do you

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

1. You have to be alive to be considered ON the planet  Otherwise you're IN the planet.

2. I said biggest. You said best.

3. Leave my avatar out of your fcking mouth. Leave my avatar out of your fcking mouth.

1. Alice might've said "You ARE a planet"

2. Take it to the Mod lounge

3. "The $99,000 Answer part II".  Looking forward to seeing Alice in it!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Biggest movie star on the planet? ? The guy who’s your avatar was 100 times the celebrity Smith is. Will Smith isn’t even in the top 50 best actors in Hollywood. 

1,000Xs.

Gleason was a genius.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1,000Xs.

Gleason was a genius.  

I have a client... we use lines from the Honeymooners to communicate every year. It's a blast. He says things like... "Don't forget my mileage driving that bus up and down Madison Ave" or Don't forget the horse with the clock in it's stomach.  Can't meet tomorrow, I  have a meeting with Mr. Marshall and my friend Shirley is bigger than you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

"Sheila MacRae...Audrey Meadows....ART CARNEY!!!.

Gleason's performance in Gigot was incredible.

Add in he composed music for orchestra, sold a lot of orchestral records on top of being a great actor and comedian.  

He was a larger than life persona who was a real character.  He was amazing in Gigot.  And was in The Hustler as Minnesota Fats.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I have a client... we use lines from the Honeymooners to communicate every year. It's a blast. He says things like... "Don't forget my mileage driving that bus up and down Madison Ave" or Don't forget the horse with the clock in it's stomach.  Can't meet tomorrow, I  have a meeting with Mr. Marshall and my friend Shirley is bigger than you are.

WHOA, it certainly looks like rain tonight!

• Haha 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Add in he composed music for orchestra, sold a lot of orchestral records on top of being a great actor and comedian.  

He was a larger than life persona who was a real character.  He was amazing in Gigot.  And was in The Hustler as Minnesota Fats.   

Loved him in The Hustler.   Gleason was almost like the Babe Ruth of show business.  Supremely talented and universally loved.  No matter how many times he did the booze in the coffee cup/"Wow" bit, it was funny and you still laughed.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Awesumtenor said:

It has essentially killed her career, her self-esteem and has her suicidal. As the husband of a woman with alopecia, I can tell you she’d rather have cancer; with cancer at least your hair comes back after chemo. I don’t know if I would have responded like this but I fully understand why he did it. Just laughing it off just might have been the thing to push her off the ledge because that would have reinforced the idea that she is ugly and not worth defending. 

4 days before the Oscars, Jada was bragging that she didn't care what anyone thought of her bald head. She said she loved it.

Then someone made a joke and that all went out the window.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Loved him in The Hustler.   Gleason was almost like the Babe Ruth of show business.  Supremely talented and universally loved.  No matter how many times he did the booze in the coffee cup/"Wow" bit, it was funny and you still laughed.

Love the stick statue in from of the Filmore/Jackie Gleason Theater every time I see it.

"And away we go"

Untitled.jpg.d57478ca2685729a7b16b1a753a1893b.jpg

Though nothing beats the Ralph Kramden statue in front of Grand Central in NYC

statue-jackie-gleason-port-authority-terminal-new-york-usa-may-entrance-tv-land-232209601.thumb.jpg.7dec778de78f4de9f85a0471adb7f18d.jpg

• Sympathy 2

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Come on. Most of those are in big marvel movie franchises. Andy Serkis is a bigger star than Will Smith?! Lol.

I'm not saying Andy Serkis is a bigger star than Will Smith. I'm saying Andy Serkis's movies have made more money than Will Smith's. And isn't that what matters to those in the industry? Draw any conclusion from that that you'd like. 

3 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

I'm not saying Andy Serkis is a bigger star than Will Smith. I'm saying Andy Serkis's movies have made more money than Will Smith's. And isn't that what matters to those in the industry? Draw any conclusion from that that you'd like. 

How many of those movies did Andy Serkis lead? People don't go to see him in those movies. This is an asinine argument. 

And if he isn't a bigger star, wtf is the point of linking that? I asked a simple question.

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

How many of those movies did Andy Serkis lead? People don't go to see him in those movies. This is an asinine argument. 

He played the lead in the most recent Planet of the Apes movies, which grossed over $500M. He also played Gollum in Lord of the Rings. Not a minor character. How many times did you see Wild Wild West or Pursuit of Happiness in the theater? 

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Now you're changing the subject.

Eh, two sides of the same coin. 

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh, this will definitely be getting some use here at JN in the future, except sub "post" for avatar.

Perfect response now to the usual chuckleheads, lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Some of you just argue in bad faith. Linking bullsh*t then expecting an honest discussion. Give me some real names. Denzel, Leo, Brad Pitt, Jolie, real ******* stars. Not ******* Stanley Tucci making money playing Joe Schmo in Hunger Games. Come on man.

@Jets Things

Tranq.  Just remember, who cares what people on the internet say, really?

Lota idiots on the interwebs, after all.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jets Things said:

He played the lead in the most recent Planet of the Apes movies, which grossed over $500M. He also played Gollum in Lord of the Rings. Not a minor character. How many times did you see Wild Wild West or Pursuit of Happiness in the theater? 

Eh, two sides of the same coin. 

He played CGI!!!!! No one was like damn Andy Serkis is in this, let me go watch.

Lord of the Rings is a whole universe. People didn't go just to see him. How many movies has he led after these high grossing movies? List them.

Pursuit of Happiness did pretty well. Wild Wild West was a disappointment because it sucked. But the fact is he still being asked to lead because he's a star. Stars bomb sometimes. When has Andy Serkis ever led? Seriously. Stop ******* around and being a dick for no reason.

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

He played CGI!!!!! No one was like damn Andy Serkis is in this, let me go watch.

Lord of the Rings is a whole universe. People didn't go just to see him. How many movies has he led after these high grossing movies? List them.

Pursuit of Happiness did pretty well. Wild Wild West was a disappointment because it sucked. But the fact is he still being asked to lead because he's a star. Stars bomb sometimes. When has Andy Serkis ever led? Seriously. Stop ******* around and being a dick for no reason.

This is your take? Have another cup of coffee. 

Aside from the live action Aladdin, which I can honestly say I don't know anyone who saw it, Will Smith is not a box office draw any more. And after Sunday, I'll bet Chris Rock has more people lining up to see his shows than Will Smith does seeing whatever unprofitable garbage he puts out. Huge payday, little return for the studios. Plus, his wife fcuks other men. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jets Things said:

This is your take? Have another cup of coffee. 

Aside from the live action Aladdin, which I can honestly say I don't know anyone who saw it, Will Smith is not a box office draw any more. And after Sunday, I'll bet Chris Rock has more people lining up to see his shows than Will Smith does seeing whatever unprofitable garbage he puts out. Huge payday, little return for the studios. Plus, his wife fcuks other men. 

Is Andy Serkis a bigger star than Will Smith?

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Is Andy Serkis a bigger star than Will Smith?

Dude. Stop. Of course he isn't. BUT. The movies he has been in have made more money than Will Smith's movies. That's all I'm saying. No, people aren't lining up to see Andy Serkis's next movie, but he makes great choices. Will Smith wanted to be in Wild Wild West rather than play Neo in The Matrix. ?