Off Topic: Will Smith punches Chris Rock at the Oscars?

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Really?

I know when Diddy said they’d fix it with love, he like super over-acted his laughter at that. Then at the after party he looked like nothing happened.

Smith seems like a classic narcissist, whose insecurity trigggers we’re all hit at once. 

Turns out Denzel, Tyler Perry and Bradley Cooper all look awful for condoling and enabling this guy. Making him feel like the victim, which is already the headspace he was likely in. All that… When he was supposed to have been removed from the audience.

I expected better from Denzel, based on everything I've heard about the guy.  I was disappointed in him for this.

• Upvote 1

I don’t really care if Will and Jada have an open marriage. Actually they’ve been up front about it which isn’t easy for celebrities. It’s not the norm but millions do it too. As for what goes in Hollywood Will Smith is a lot more powerful than Chris Rock. He’s a major player. But that doesn’t mean he has more friends. A lot of support for Chris by many celebrities. 

Once again folks. Look closely at pics on the internet.

She is not bald she has her hair like that by choice.

You can tell just zoom in on it.

We all know bald people who shave their heads to avoid the bald old person look"

We all know people with great hair who shave their heads because of the cool factor.

But lets play devils advocate and say she is balding.

WHO GIVES A FLUCK.

Now we should we worry about bald people being tweeked by tame jokes?

People go to bed hungry in this country. I worry about that.

Bald guys please chime in. 

jada-pinkett-alopecia_62414688c4c6e.jpg

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I expected better from Denzel, based on everything I've heard about the guy.  I was disappointed in him for this.

Why do you expect better? Nothing we hear about these people can be trusted. And anyway it probably just boils down to he is probably friends with Smith and doesnt know Rock.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yup.

The whole “Devil comes for you” bit was a lot too much. Really disappointing. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Forget about those 3. I can't  believe all these fools at the show gabe this guy a standing ovation after his speech or should I call it 5 minutes worth of excuses for what he did. His wife Jada tweeted out "it is time for healing and I am here for it. Tell me Jada, what do you need to heal from? Being compared to GI Jane due to your hair loss after your husband went on stage and did something that if he wasn't  Will Smith he would have been taken away in handcuffs for? I mean the amount of entitlement  here is mind blowing.

Yup. Healing my ass.

Jada and Will are bonkers. They view themselves as above others. Like the fact that he battered Chris is somehow more dramatic and painful to them, than to him as the victim.

They're nuts.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Once again folks. Look closely at pics on the internet.

She is not bald she has her hair like that by choice.

You can tell just zoom in on it.

We all know bald people who shave their heads to avoid the bald old person look"

We all know people with great hair who shave their heads because of the cool factor.

But lets play devils advocate and say she is balding.

WHO GIVES A FLUCK.

Now we should we worry about bald people being tweeked by tame jokes?

People go to bed hungry in this country. I worry about that.

Bald guys please chime in. 

Her alopecia only effects a small patch of her scalp. She doesn’t need a pity party. She has the means to do something about it.

• Upvote 1

Chris should’ve made fun of Smith’s ears. He’s got some of the weirdest ears ever.

keep my wife’s name out your effin mouth.

Yea ok Will I hear.  

keep my wife’s name out your effin mouth.

Yea I said ok. Can ya hear me with those little weird azz ears of yours?

5D95198D-75E7-4A48-9473-63D2E8518FEF.jpeg

I won't post it here because of the language, but if  you think it was wrong of Smith to react the way he did, comedian Andrew Schulz roasted him at the start of his show today and there was some good stuff in there.

Just google Andrew Schulz roast of Will Smith. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I would give anything to know where Chris was going to go when he said, “ooh, I could…” and then pivoted back to the award show.

It was the right choice, obviously, but man… it would have been an epic tear down.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I won't post it here because of the language, but if  you think it was wrong of Smith to react the way he did, comedian Andrew Schulz roasted him at the start of his show today and there was some good stuff in there.

Yes, it’s brutal. Loved it.

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

To those who said that Will Smith’s career wouldn’t be harmed by this I show you this

Kindly note that it now comes out that Will Smith was asked to leave and he “refused” to go.  

We can and must treat each other better, Period!🙏

You need to smack Will Smith in the mouth Charlie Brown. Period! 👏🏻 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Diddy_Says_Will_Smith_and_Chris_Rock_Already_Settled_Feud_Af.gif.8ae3c271a035b94588fd6cfe745e7976.gif

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

She's laughing at Rock's response.  I'm sure she was as surprised and unsure as the rest of the audience at that point.  so this clip is disingenuous.  However.  She is an awful, self-absorbed, entitled, spoiled brat of a woman.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

She's laughing at Rock's response.  I'm sure she was as surprised and unsure as the rest of the audience at that point.  so this clip is disingenuous.  However.  She is an awful, self-absorbed, entitled, spoiled brat of a woman.  

Sorry, that doesn't fly. She heard the sound of the hit which in itself was shocking and Chris Rock said nothing or did anything funny after he was assaulted unless of course you are enjoying the moment of your husband hitting someone becaise a comic bruised your ego. The two of them shoukd be shipped off to some dark hole. We don't  need people like this. 

The only reaction anyone had after this happened was trying to figure out if it was part of an act which we all found out pretty quickly ot was real. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Doo-pah-tum-ka-kum-bah-pah-ta-da-da
Ah yeah
Oh yeah
I'm up on the eleventh floor
And I'm watching the cruisers below
He's down on the street
And he's trying hard to pull sister Flo
Oh, my heart's in the basement
My weekend's at an all time low
'Cause she's hoping to score
So I can't see her letting him go
Walk out of her heart
Walk out of her mind
Oh, not her
She's so swishy in her satin and tat
In her frock coat and bipperty-bopperty hat
Oh God, I could do better than that
Oh, yeah
She's an old-time ambassador
Of sweet talking, night walking games
Oh and she's known in the darkest clubs
For pushing ahead of the dames
If she says she can do it
Then she can do it, she don't make false claims
But she's a queen and such a queen
Such a laughter is sucked in their brains
Now she's leading him on
And she'll lay him right down
Yes, she's leading him on
And she'll lay him right down
But it could have been me
Yes, it could have been me
Why didn't I say? Why didn't I say?
No, no, no
So I lay down a while
And I gaze at my hotel wall
Oh, the cot is so cold
It don't feel like no bed at all
Yeah, I lay down a while
And look at my hotel wall
And he's down on the street
So I throw both his bags down the hall
And I'm phoning a cab
'Cause my stomach feels small
There's a taste in my mouth
And it's no taste at all
It could have been me
Oh yeah, it could have been me
Why didn't I say? Why didn't I say?
No, no, no
Oh you betcha
Oh yeah
Uh-huh
Mmm

9 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Honestly she gets way too much abuse.

Will Smith slept around as well. They seemingly have an open marriage and during this affair as they explain they were essentially separated. For some reason it's still considered more taboo for the woman to do it than men (especially with younger guys) and people just desperately want to shame them both - Jada as a heartless whore and Will as a "cuck". In the video you posted she is clearly pretty uncomfortable talking about it and it's Smith who pushes her to come out with it over and over. 

As for the slap she may be as mortified by it as anyone, but she's hardly going to throw her husband under the bus even if she is. There's some very weird comments in this thread. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Really?

I know when Diddy said they’d fix it with love, he like super over-acted his laughter at that. Then at the after party he looked like nothing happened.

Smith seems like a classic narcissist, whose insecurity trigggers we’re all hit at once. 

Turns out Denzel, Tyler Perry and Bradley Cooper all look awful for condoling and enabling this guy. Making him feel like the victim, which is already the headspace he was likely in. All that… When he was supposed to have been removed from the audience.

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

Smith and Denzel are extremely close. They have a friendship spanning decades. 

If I had a friend who'd done something as crazy as that I'd be pretty concerned for him as well. Have they publicly condoned what he did? They were probably worried about his state of mind. I wouldn't assume they were necessarily taking his side because they spoke to him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Who would have known, Jets fans favorite topics are celebrity gossip and uniform colors! 

We could talk about the Wilson and Berrios off-season bromance love fest if you prefer. Think it’ll pay dividends?

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Will Smith slept around as well. They seemingly have an open marriage and during this affair as they explain they were essentially separated. For some reason it's still considered more taboo for the woman to do it than men (especially with younger guys) and people just desperately want to shame them both - Jada as a heartless whore and Will as a "cuck". In the video you posted she is clearly pretty uncomfortable talking about it and it's Smith who pushes her to come out with it over and over. 

As for the slap she may be as mortified by it as anyone, but she's hardly going to throw her husband under the bus even if she is. There's some very weird comments in this thread. 

Are you saying Rock really should have skipped the so tame GI Jane joke and went straight to the nuclear option and riffed on the your husband gets to pick your side bang lets blow this place up zinger?  I would pay per view to see it.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Are you really White-Knighting Jada and Slaps Smith here?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/will-smith-resigns-from-academy-membership-1235123801/

Will Smith, in the wake of slapping Chris Rock onstage at the Oscars, said Friday that he is resigning from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

In a statement obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Smith said he was heartbroken and would accept all consequences for his conduct.

“My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful, and inexcusable. The list of those I have hurt is long and includes Chris, his family, many of my dear friends and loved ones, all those in attendance, and global audiences at home,” Smith said. “I betrayed the trust of the Academy. I deprived other nominees and winners of their opportunity to celebrate and be celebrated for their extraordinary work. I am heartbroken. I want to put the focus back on those who deserve attention for their achievements and allow the Academy to get back to the incredible work it does to support creativity and artistry in film.”

Earlier this week, the Academy began disciplinary action against Smith after a meeting of its board of governors, and issued a statement saying Smith was asked to leave the show following the slap but that he refused. The statement didn’t provide details, but also acknowledged that the Academy “could have handled the situation differently.”

Rock was presenting best documentary feature at the 2022 Oscars on Sunday when he made a G.I. Jane joke about Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, who has a shaved head (the actress has alopecia). Smith later went on to win the best actor award for his performance in King Richard.

Smith’s resignation means he can no longer vote for the Oscars — but he can still be nominated for future Academy Awards, attend future ceremonies and keep the statue he won. But the Academy’s formal review will continue.

“We have received and accepted Mr. Will Smith’s immediate resignation from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences,” the Academy said in a statement. “We will continue to move forward with our disciplinary proceedings against Mr. Smith for violations of the Academy’s Standards of Conduct, in advance of our next scheduled board meeting on April 18.”

His "resignation" is nonsense but the statement was pretty good.  I'm sure he hired one of those firms that helps with handling major F ups from celebrities.