Jump to content

Off Topic: Will Smith punches Chris Rock at the Oscars?


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

If Leonardo DiCaprio had slapped Chris Rock would he have gotten a standing ovation after winning Best Actor?

Why would anyone with a brain in their head encourage this behavior especially with children watching is beyond me. Are we really that far ******* gone?

GG Allin couldn't have taken a bigger sht on that stage last night.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Have a hard time believing that anyone would approve this, least of all Will Smith and Chris Rock.

I mean who came up with the idea? The Academy? The Producers? Whatever network it was on? Smith and Rock on their own?

I don't know the first thing about the Oscars. I've never watched it and I never will. My wife puts on these awards shows and I just go do something else. I can't think of something I'd want to watch less than a bunch of rich touch holes congratulating each other about how great they are.

So I have no idea who would have come up with the idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Society is disintegrating.

Stop it.  This nonsense has been going on in Hollywood/show business from day one.  If anything, the violence was more pronounced in the "good old days".  Here's just one example where super agent Swifty Lazar smashed producer Otto Preminger in the face with a glass.

He made headlines in 1965 after a scuffle with director Otto Preminger at New York's 21 Club. Preminger needed 50 stitches near one eye after Lazar hit him with a water glass.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1994/01/01/hollywood-talent-agent-irving-swifty-lazar-dies/7e1ceb06-6ed2-442d-868c-03cecee07776/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Stop it.  This nonsense has been going on in Hollywood/show business from day one.  If anything, the violence was more pronounced in the "good old days".  Here's just one example where super agent Swifty Lazar smashed producer Otto Preminger in the face with a glass.

He made headlines in 1965 after a scuffle with director Otto Preminger at New York's 21 Club. Preminger needed 50 stitches near one eye after Lazar hit him with a water glass.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1994/01/01/hollywood-talent-agent-irving-swifty-lazar-dies/7e1ceb06-6ed2-442d-868c-03cecee07776/

I'm sure Hollywood people ****ed alot too, just not on stage at the Academy Awards.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yea it was real. It was a low blow joke. I'm sure the wife is super upset about loosing her hair. Its a very mean thing to say. Will was MAD AS F. I guess he knew how much the hair loss thing was hurting her and now she was embarrassed in front of her peers and friends so Will had to do it. Lucky he wasnt arrested.

 

I mean at a howard stern type roast at the friars club, this would have been ok. At the oscars, idk

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

yea it was real. It was a low blow joke. I'm sure the wife is super upset about loosing her hair. Its a very mean thing to say. Will was MAD AS F. I guess he knew how much the hair loss thing was hurting her and now she was embarrassed in front of her peers and friends so Will had to do it. Lucky he wasnt arrested.

 

I mean at a howard stern type roast at the friars club, this would have been ok. At the oscars, idk

Chris Rock literally hosted the Oscars for a few years and killed the attendees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Chris Rock literally hosted the Oscars for a few years and killed the attendees.

idk I do not watch. But if you are saying that he regularly goofs on peoples misfortunes related to disease or sickness I would be surprised

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know many think this was staged, and I totally understand their argument as to why, but I think it was real. Will Smith has been dealing with his wife airing all of their dirty laundry, including her infidelity, which must be humiliating to him. I think that had a lot to do with his behavior last night. The dude seems to be cracking up.

I also don't think Chris Rock would have made the joke if he was aware of her condition. Otherwise he'd be facing huge criticism for being insensitive. He handled the whole thing like a pro. Didn't let it fluster him and moved on.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Chris Rock would rather take a slap and be publicly humiliated rather than never being asked to host the Oscar’s again lol.

These are a bunch of dipsh*t elitist actors all a part of the same club.

Elitist. LOL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sourceworx said:

I know many think this was staged, and I totally understand their argument as to why, but I think it was real. Will Smith has been dealing with his wife airing all of their dirty laundry, including her infidelity, which must be humiliating to him. I think that had a lot to do with his behavior last night. The dude seems to be cracking up.

I also don't think Chris Rock would have made the joke if he was aware of her condition. Otherwise he'd be facing huge criticism for being insensitive. He handled the whole thing like a pro. Didn't let it fluster him and moved on.

It wasn't staged.  I can see how one might think that initially (because it's so crazy that it happened) but violence on live TV during a black tie event?!  They would've absolutely made it clear that they were joking (if it was a joke, which it wasn't).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get the public commotion cuz it was a spectacle but I think the whole conversation around it is ridiculous. 
 

I don’t condone violence so obviously I dont condone his actions but I don’t condemn him either. 
 

Like obviously Will knows its wrong but he made a choice - he made a choice that it was worth it. And I’m not gunna sit on my ass on my couch and tell him what is and isn’t worth defending his wife about. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

 

I remember watching that Letterman show just to see Andy.  He had been pulling off a massive goof in the wrestling community which is still legendary.  Andy wrestling women, then baiting the crowd was inspired comedy only someone at his level could achieve.  

Kaufman is missed.   One of my all time comedy idols.  And I still believe he staged his own death and will just magically show up one day.  😂

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not to mention, Chris Rock made a movie about Black women and their hair to normalize and celebrate the natural beauty of it. For his daughters.

If he knew it was alopecia, I doubt he makes that joke. I think Will is lucky Ricky Gervais wasnt up there, he’d have doubled down.

Normally I'd agree, but she's been public about having alopecia for something like 4 years now - I'd be surprised if being another celeb, Chris Rock didn't know.

Chris should have doubled down.... or slapped him back.  Now that would get me watching awards shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It wasn't staged.  I can see how one might think that initially (because it's so crazy that it happened) but violence on live TV during a black tie event?!  They would've absolutely made it clear that they were joking (if it was a joke, which it wasn't).  

Agree. As Will Smith is coming up on stage, Chris Rock laughingly says "Uh-oh!"  As if he thinks Will Smith is coming to playfully go after him. Then says "Oh wow" after he gets hit. He didn't expect to get hit for real.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I remember watching that Letterman show just to see Andy.  He had been pulling off a massive goof in the wrestling community which is still legendary.  Andy wrestling women, then baiting the crowd was inspired comedy only someone at his level could achieve.  

Kaufman is missed.   One of my all time comedy idols.  And I still believe he staged his own death and will just magically show up one day.  😂

Andy was the best of all time a genius

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's Alocpecia. 

Not AIDS.  Not Cancer.  Not Parkinson's.  Not ALS. 

Not anything serious or deadly.  It's literally just baldness.  That's the only symptom. 

Bald men get made fun of all the time.  And it wasn't even a cruel joke really ffs.

Was it nice?  No, most comedy isn't.  And I'd wager Will Smith has made jokes at others expense far worse than this one by Rock.  

Listen i get that. But for a woman, its a terrible thing. Men? Bad enough but for a woman its crushing.

Terribly embarrassing to have that pointed out on national tv but we can agree to disagree

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Agree. As Will Smith is coming up on stage, Chris Rock laughingly says "Uh-oh!"  As if he thinks Will Smith is coming to playfully go after him. Then says "Oh wow" after he gets hit. He didn't expect to get hit for real.

You realize this is an awards show for actors and actresses, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's Alocpecia. 

Not AIDS.  Not Cancer.  Not Parkinson's.  Not ALS. 

Not anything serious or deadly.  It's literally just baldness.  That's the only symptom. 

Bald men get made fun of all the time.  And it wasn't even a cruel joke really ffs.

Was it nice?  No, most comedy isn't.  And I'd wager Will Smith has made jokes at others expense far worse than this one by Rock.  

Ok what if she gained 100 lbs? Thats not cancer or als either….

chris rock says, “ i see we have will smith and his wife. I hope the chair doesnt break for that big cow you married”

is that ok too? At the oscars?

 

this isnt a roast at the friars club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Listen i get that. But for a woman, its a terrible thing. Men? Bad enough but for a woman its crushing.

Terribly embarrassing to have that pointed out on national tv but we can agree to disagree

I mean, she looked stunning and has made a choice to embrace it and not hide it. I thought it was a style decision.

I think it was either staged - or Will Smith was trying to grandstand for her, because she really just sorta rolls her eyes at him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ok what if she gained 100 lbs? Thats not cancer or als either….

chris rock says, “ i see we have will smith and his wife. I hope the chair doesnt break for that big cow you married”

is that ok too? At the oscars?

 

this isnt a roast at the friars club

Eh, you’re dying in this hill?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...