AVT to Play RG, Tomlinson LG

SR24

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why would you switch AVT? He was solid at last year. 

Two possible reasons. 1) Avt way more versatile. 2) They liked Avt and Fant side by side. Fant ultimately will be RT, meaning they either believe in Becton or #4 will be Cross and Becton will be traded.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OilfieldJet said:

Two solid Guards flanking a weak center and lacking a OT. JD has got to be considering OL in Round 1. 

May happen but doubtful.  And if it does, its not because the C is weak or because of a lacking OT.

Theyre switching AVT to the RG spot because he can and because LT has been playing LG so long and they/LT believes he'd have the harder time making a switch than AVT

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why does he have to use those exact words though. a ball of butcher knives, really? The only time I've ever heard this phrase used is when describing Jets players. Is it a commonly used phrase or something?

Man I had to google it I had no idea lol. He could have just said "I expect him to be ready to go and motivated to bounce back" or something like that 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What you love about this team is that they have a coherent plan for everything and they stick to it.

At what point should we beg @Maxman to ban you until at least after the draft?  You win.  I surrender.  

Now please STFU.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why does he have to use those exact words though. a ball of butcher knives, really? The only time I've ever heard this phrase used is when describing Jets players. Is it a commonly used phrase or something?

Apparently yes. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rolling ball of butcher knives

So when I said the recovery can be longer with a man of his size and weight, I may have been right on with that take.  And Becton recovery time had nothing to do with the idea that he's fat and lazy and has left @Snell41's many  rants on that subject might have been just another one of his bad takes.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Kiss of death right there. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Two possible reasons. 1) Avt way more versatile. 2) They liked Avt and Fant side by side. Fant ultimately will be RT, meaning they either believe in Becton or #4 will be Cross and Becton will be traded.

I was thinking something along these lines.  They could be drafting an LT and want the more experienced Tomlinson at RG to pair with him and plan on trading becton. This also would be why saleh keeps touting becton.  If they could get a late 1st round pick for becton i think they take it.  

• Upvote 2