Jump to content

Saleh Press Conference 3/28


SR24
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

All you need to know about Becton.  Does he report under 350 or over 375?

Dude is naturally big I highly doubt he ever will under 350..  but i agree he cant be over 370

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Orlando Pace was enormous at 325.  

There is a kid in this draft from minnesota that is 380lbs rock solid.  Evan Neal is 340lbs. some of these kids are naturally alot bigger these days. Compared to guys back in the day. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

There is a kid in this draft from minnesota that is 380lbs rock solid.  Evan Neal is 340lbs. some of these kids are naturally alot bigger these days. Compared to guys back in the day. 

Evan Neal at the Combine 6'7.5" 337 pounds.   Love to see Becton look like Neal.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

 

I'm sorry, what?? This dude went down like Week 1. And he won't be ready for OTA's?? Are you kidding me? 

Draft OL JD, get this guy out of here. 

All you can do is laugh if this is for real

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Evan Neal at the Combine 6'7.5" 337 pounds.   Love to see Becton look like Neal.

He was the leanest looking 337lb person I have ever seen.  He carries that weight so naturally and so well.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

He was the leanest looking 337lb person I have ever seen.  He carries that weight so naturally and so well.

He does.  He looks great and that's where Becton should be.  Take a look at pics of both D Brick and Marvin Powell.   They look like big TE's.  Neal looks solid as a rock.  Becton looks top heavy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where did they interview him, a high school cafeteria? 😂

he’s such a smart guy I really hope he weathers the storm and sticks. This franchise needs stability more than anything 

intetesting on the championship pedigree on the free agents.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

So were did i lie?  He is 340lbs .. he also played at 350 at bama. 

He played at 350 and he's slimming down to be the best pro he can be.  Becton played at 360 in college and was probably in the 380's to start last season.  I bet Neal gets lighter not heavier going into camp.   I think we should take him and trade Becton now.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He does.  He looks great and that's where Becton should be.  Take a look at pics of both D Brick and Marvin Powell.   They look like big TE's.  Neal looks solid as a rock.  Becton looks top heavy.

Brick played at 285 as a rookie 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He played at 350 and he's slimming down to be the best pro he can be.  Becton played at 360 in college and was probably in the 380's to start last season.  I bet Neal gets lighter not heavier going into camp.   I think we should take him and trade Becton now.  

Yeah he slimmed down for combine which is normal. I Guarantee he plays the majority of his career between 340-355. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Brick played at 285 as a rookie 

What's interesting is a lot of smaller guys are coming off the edge now than when Brick played.   They kept trying to get him heavier in the pants.  I think he toped out around 310, 315.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Yeah he slimmed down for combine which is normal. I Guarantee he plays the majority of his career between 340-355. 

Becton came into the combine at 364 and went up from that.  He actually said at the combine teams expected him to come into camp lighter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Which still makes him 25 pounds lighter than Becton ever played in college and he's only gone up from there.  

U dont think Neal would put on weight if he shattered his knee cap and couldn’t workout for months? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Scoop24 said:

U dont think Neal would put on weight if he shattered his knee cap and couldn’t workout for months? 

Dislocation and MCL sprain, not shatter.  Still a very rough injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

 

I'm sorry, what?? This dude went down like Week 1. And he won't be ready for OTA's?? Are you kidding me? 

Draft OL JD, get this guy out of here. 

Watch the video and don't react to just the tweet. JD and Saleh never said this, those are Conor Hughes words. Fake news indeed. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

U dont think Neal would put on weight if he shattered his knee cap and couldn’t workout for months? 

No.  I think Neal wants to be great.  He played great at 360 which was lighter than he was when he came to Alabama.  He slimed down to play at 345 last year and felt he was lighter and quicker.  I think he's going to play between 325 and 335 in the pros.  The dude is serious about being great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

 

I'm sorry, what?? This dude went down like Week 1. And he won't be ready for OTA's?? Are you kidding me? 

Draft OL JD, get this guy out of here. 

He didn’t say that lol

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with Becton is the lower half of his body is so small for a guy of his general size.  Calves, ankles very small.  Even thighs do not match up with the huge size of his upper torso.  He will always have injury issues imo.

mekhi-becton-blocking-jets.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Watch the video and don't react to just the tweet. JD and Saleh never said this, those are Conor Hughes words. Fake news indeed. 

He seems off his game since Marissa Morris got married.  I guess we all are a little bit...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Watch the video and don't react to just the tweet. JD and Saleh never said this, those are Conor Hughes words. Fake news indeed. 

I’m not disagreeing with you, but why dismiss what Hughes says here because it wasn’t said in the PC this morning. I doubt he would just make something like this up and throw it out there.

Saleh or someone from the staff still could’ve said it, just not this morning on camera. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He does.  He looks great and that's where Becton should be.  Take a look at pics of both D Brick and Marvin Powell.   They look like big TE's.  Neal looks solid as a rock.  Becton looks top heavy.

You're spot on about Brick. We went to the same grad school while he was with the Jets and when you stand next to him without pads, he looked like a TE. I don't think that man was ever over 300lbs by the end of a training camp. His "struggles" always seemed to be against the big power rushers, probably for that reason. Likewise, he was also an absolute rock for us and barely ever missed a snap letalone a game. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...