I can’t wait for the draft to be over

"Can't wait for all the draft talk to be over with!"

looks at 11 page thread about a squabble between two celebs at the oscars at the top of the forum.

I am getting more push back in that thread over my one post than if I suggested we pick a safety at 4 overall.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Is that what I did?

All I meant to convey was how tired I was of reading endless threads about who we were going to pick where and why by people who know as little about the Jets thinking as I do.

Apparently I’m the only one who feels that way though, so I’ll just have to accept that and deal with it.

I don't follow college nor youtube etc well in advance of the draft.

So for me these many threads are useful.  I find at least one "gem" post in most  threads which helps get me up to speed. 

A day or two before the draft I will hit youtube to refine further who to rooting for.

So to each their own but I've no complaints, OP.          

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

That’s not what’s weird.

What’s weird is how people need to start talking about it the minute the season ends, and repeat the same opinions over and over for months… and start a new thread each time they do.

If I had a dollar for every time I’ve read “We need to have a QB rise so we can trade back” I’d be a rich man.

What else is everyone supposed to talk about leading up to the draft? 

Pretty sure this forum isn't for you if talking about the draft when we have 4 picks in the first 38 is too boring for you. 

• Sympathy 1

I’m bored to death with logging on and seeing threads with titles like “Gardener???”, “Why not Thibs”, “Why we need to go OL” or “I want to trade down”.

Every  random thought someone has about a player doesn’t need to become a thread. 
I could care less who you want, and why  at #4 or #10, and no, JD isn’t reading the board, nor does he or anyone else care what you think.

Most of all I’m sick of the Mel Kiper wannabe’s. I don’t want to watch a 5 minute YouTube highlight video about the 4th ranked Center in this draft, or have you tell me you’re an expert at breaking down his footwork. I certainly don’t want to hear you prattle “please, child… that WR at 34? Show your work!” I’m sorry but you’re as clueless as anyone else. You’ve never held a stopwatch, you’re not a scout. You have no clue how to break down film.
Stick to your day job.

Finally… mock drafts are fun and JN does theirs very well. It’s contained to one thread and the people who participate love it. That’s great. All this other pre draft nonsense has gotten out of control though.

There is an AWFUL lot of irony to your post...don't you think?

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m bored to death with logging on and seeing threads with titles like “Gardener???”, “Why not Thibs”, “Why we need to go OL” or “I want to trade down”.

Every  random thought someone has about a player doesn’t need to become a thread. 
I could care less who you want, and why  at #4 or #10, and no, JD isn’t reading the board, nor does he or anyone else care what you think.

Most of all I’m sick of the Mel Kiper wannabe’s. I don’t want to watch a 5 minute YouTube highlight video about the 4th ranked Center in this draft, or have you tell me you’re an expert at breaking down his footwork. I certainly don’t want to hear you prattle “please, child… that WR at 34? Show your work!” I’m sorry but you’re as clueless as anyone else. You’ve never held a stopwatch, you’re not a scout. You have no clue how to break down film.
Stick to your day job.

Finally… mock drafts are fun and JN does theirs very well. It’s contained to one thread and the people who participate love it. That’s great. All this other pre draft nonsense has gotten out of control though.

Los Angeles Coffee GIF by ABC Network

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Is that what I did?

All I meant to convey was how tired I was of reading endless threads about who we were going to pick where and why by people who know as little about the Jets thinking as I do.

Apparently I’m the only one who feels that way though, so I’ll just have to accept that and deal with it.

If you want, I can instead tell stories about when I had a catheter inserted into my penis and nearly screamed any time I had to pee ;).

• Haha 1

That’s not what’s weird.

What’s weird is how people need to start talking about it the minute the season ends, and repeat the same opinions over and over for months… and start a new thread each time they do.

If I had a dollar for every time I’ve read “We need to have a QB rise so we can trade back” I’d be a rich man.

I suggest you become a Pats fan. They go nuts for anyone the Pats pick. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Here is what I care about....

The Jets have 4 picks in the top 40. I don't care where they draft Edge, WR, CB, S, OL. JD needs to make sure that all 4 make SIGNIFICANT contributions to the 2022 Jets.

statistically that might be a reach. but he should be able to find at least 2.

Stick to your day job.

Have a hit ?

453264034-Hippies_pass_joint_around_in_M

• Haha 1

Stick to your day job.

Listen, I learned a long time ago (although it took me awhile) that just about everyone on sports forums  are self-made GM's.  Let's not single out Jet Nation because all of these forums have them.  

• Upvote 1

I guess you’re right. If I’m tired of seeing people talk about the same players over and over again I’d be better off avoiding where they do.

it would be a lot easier if the draft threads were only seen in the draft forum though.

No that is just silly. For the period from the Senior Bowl to the draft it is by far the most interesting thing to discuss and speculate about aside from the 5-7 days when FA starts. The draft is one of the biggest sporting events of the year believe it or not and the Jets this year have essentially two drafts worth of picks. It is obviously going to be the biggest topic of conversation. Our future hinges on it. And you can just skip draft related threads. If someone wants to talk draft in July sure use the draft thread

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Stick to your day job.

So…. Who do you like at 4 and 10?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Stick to your day job.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Stick to your day job.

I know right!  I can't understand why all you guys do is talk about about football on here.  It's right maddening!

11 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Here is what I care about....

The Jets have 4 picks in the top 40. I don't care where they draft Edge, WR, CB, S, OL. JD needs to make sure that all 4 make SIGNIFICANT contributions to the 2022 Jets.

Hasn’t happened much… we usually Fukk it up.  BUT…the sun will come out tomorrow. 

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lots of draft threads are far better than the lull of activity that takes place in May-early July.  

Good point, but isn’t that the time when we complain about the guys we drafted, and argue about how few wins we’ll have during the season?