Chase Claypool

I have read  that he could be traded. I haven’t seen many Steeler games , so i am not too familiar with his game.  I do know he had that one off the field issue while drinking, and also heard from fans he is the a diva. If the Steelers wanted to move up on draft night, would you approve of his acquisition?  And what would the trade look like? 

After that nonsense in the waning seconds of a game ( not sure against who Vikings maybe) when they are down by 7 and he starts celebrating costing his team valuable time off the clock NOT A CHANCE I trade for him. Was surprised Tomlin didn’t cut him right there 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

After that nonsense in the waning seconds of a game ( not sure against who Vikings maybe) when they are down by 7 and he starts celebrating costing his team valuable time off the clock NOT A CHANCE I trade for him. Was surprised Tomlin didn’t cut him right there 

That and he gets paid to catch the ball, which he only does about 50% of the time the ball is thrown to him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Not what happen, Kendricks rips the ball and throws it behind his back. Should have been a delay of game on the defense.

Just now, CSNY said:

Not buying it. Instead of giving that stupid first down signal all he had to do was just get up give the ball to ref line up and go onto the next play. He does that we’re not having this discussion 

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Not what happen, Kendricks rips the ball and throws it behind his back. Should have been a delay of game on the defense.

That all he had to do 

1 minute ago, DJF71 said:

None of that happens if he just hands the ball to the ref instead of signaling for a 1st down.

Watch the clip, ball was ripped out while he was trying to hand ball to ref. The first down point, while silly at that point, was not the reason time came off clock

14 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Watch the clip, ball was ripped out while he was trying to hand ball to ref. The first down point, while silly at that point, was not the reason time came off clock

Sure it is . If he doesn’t do the point and just hands ball to ref (which  is what they are taught to do from an early age) defensive player has no opportunity to knock ball from his hand 

6 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Sure it is . If he doesn’t do the point and just hands ball to ref (which  is what they are taught to do from an early age) defensive player has no opportunity to knock ball from his hand 

He was in the process of handing the ball to the closest ref when the ball was ripped out. I supposed the other option is to throw it to a further ref on the sideline?

49 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That and he gets paid to catch the ball, which he only does about 50% of the time the ball is thrown to him.

Claypool is a deep threat who played with a QB the last 2 years that couldn't throw deep. I would gladly take him off the Steelers hands....for the right price. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He was in the process of handing the ball to the closest ref when the ball was ripped out. I supposed the other option is to throw it to a further ref on the sideline?

If he just concentrated on getting up, running to ref to place the ball like he is supposed to do this is not being discussed. Was a dumb selfish act which is inexcusable

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

If he just concentrated on getting up, running to ref to place the ball like he is supposed to do this is not being discussed. Was a dumb selfish act which is inexcusable

I'd probably brush it off as a learning experience more than inexcusable. Clock stops in college on first downs.

I have an issue with the point, hated it when Santonio used to do it but I don't believe that really played a factor in them losing that game or that it wasting time for the reasons I outlined above.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd probably brush it off as a learning experience more than inexcusable. Clock stops in college on first downs.

I have an issue with the point, hated it when Santonio used to do it but I don't believe that really played a factor in them losing that game or that it wasting time for the reasons I outlined above.

Claypool is a professional football player in the league since 2020 and this has been taught since Pop Warner days. No excuse for that behavior whatsoever at all. 

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Agreed. It was a bad look, and hopefully humbling.

I'd roll the dice, though.  

At some point here, beggars can't be choosers - AJ Brown gonna miss a few games every year, DK is a diva and maybe spaces on plays from time-to-time, McLaurin gonna get paaaaiiiiiiid (and prob too much of a boyscout to force his way out of a bad situation), Deebo has mileage/touches and isn't quite a pure receiver - and of course Claypool has this really dumb moment from last year.

We need any one of them, though, because this next year is entirely about surrounding the year 2 QB with enough talent that there will be no excuses entertained next offseason. 

I gave Darnold like 95 chances because the team around him was sh*t - which was absolutely true - it just turns out he was sh*t too. Not doing that again.

• Upvote 1