Simms WR ratings

hmhertz

1 minute ago, Icer said:

Simms past two years

WR #5 - Tee Higgins "He's the premier jump-ball guy in the draft"
WR #4 - KJ Hamler "Hollywood Brown makes me feel more comfortable about him"
WR #3 - Henry Ruggs III "He's a game-changer...a lot like Tyreek Hill"
WR #2 - Justin Jefferson “One of the can’t-miss prospects in the whole draft”
WR #1 - CeeDee Lamb “DeAndre Hopkins’ size, but Jarvis Landry with the ball in his hands”

WR #6 Terrace Marshall Jr (LSU) - "aka Justin Jefferson Jr"
WR #5 Kadarius Toney (Florida) - "He and Ja'Marr Chase are the most dangerous with the ball in their hands."
WR #4 Jaylen Waddle (Alabama) - "I like him better than I liked Henry Ruggs or Jerry Jeudy."
WR #3 Dyami Brown (UNC) - "This is my guy. There was nobody that could run with him."
WR #2 DeVonta Smith (Alabama) - "His physicality was the most pleasant surprise of all."
WR #1 Ja'Marr Chase (LSU) - "He's a slam dunk. He's the safest and the best. He has everything."

Doesn't look that bad in hindsight, but not perfect either

He was right about Ruggs being a game changer.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Icer said:

Simms past two years

WR #1 - CeeDee Lamb “DeAndre Hopkins’ size, but Jarvis Landry with the ball in his hands”

WR #5 Kadarius Toney (Florida) - "He and Ja'Marr Chase are the most dangerous with the ball in their hands."
WR #4 Jaylen Waddle (Alabama) - "I like him better than I liked Henry Ruggs or Jerry Jeudy."
WR #3 Dyami Brown (UNC) - "This is my guy. There was nobody that could run with him."
WR #2 DeVonta Smith (Alabama) - "His physicality was the most pleasant surprise of all."
WR #1 Ja'Marr Chase (LSU) - "He's a slam dunk. He's the safest and the best. He has everything."

Actually that's not bad at all. 

The top button + weird phrasing + "I'm Philly Simms kid. Give me job." always makes me cringe... but the dude has had some good calls.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Honestly out of all the consensus top guys he's also easiest to drop as a hot take and be right. Besides Peirce his top 5 all have one or two traits you can pinpoint and say this is how he will be a good WR (right or wrong). Wilson might be best all around WR, but there is nothing he excels at. He has 40 time speed but isnt a classic burner out there, hes not a premier route runner, hes not big or great at contested catches...

I'll gladly take him on the Jets, but I dont see a whole lot separating him and Olave and Olave has seemed to slide quite a bit. Seems like better value. But it's a moot point if Wilson tears it up and Jets are left with another bust. 

37 minutes ago, Icer said:

Simms past two years

That's a pretty good track record.  He said on this video that un 2019 he had Metcalf and AJ Brown as 1-2, which might be most impressive of all.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

That's a pretty good track record.  He said on this video that un 2019 he had Metcalf and AJ Brown as 1-2, which might be most impressive of all.

But I'm too mad about Zach to take this into consideration

• WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Simms rated Wilson ahead of Jones and Davis Mills wasn’t even in his top 5 ranking last year 

why do people think this guy knows anything?

It will be 3 years before you can assess that. But I assume you just hate Zach

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Icer said:

Simms past two years

I think Amazon, Apple, Tesla, and Blackrock are good bets!! Stay away from Texas Instruments, though.  Character issues.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Had to go watch some Jameson Williams highlights after this, and the dude is unbelievable.  A lot of his big catches were him running past 2 guys that were wearing Georgia and LSU uniforms.  It's hard to argue that any bigger test could have been put in front of him in 21' and he looked like he played with a different speed than the DBs he was up against.

When it comes to the ACL tear, I think at this point, if you think he's the best receiver in the class you have to take him at 10.  (If that's where you want to go with the pick)  By mid-season he should be in the fold doing his thing.  Assuming he's a personality fit with the Jets' plans, I can't see how you could take another guy over him if you're looking for game changing playmaking ability at the position.  Which apparently they are due to the whole Hill fiasco.

Lots of good posts in this thread.  Let’s try and get the special talent.  Take him at 10.  

• Upvote 2