Kyle Hamilton runs 4.74 at ND pro day

Matt39

7 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

40 time aside,  Hamilton simply doesn’t change the trajectory of this team enough to warrant consideration in the first.  Besides, I kind of like Jason Pinnock in a developmental center fielder role this year.    He looked ok at the end of the season when they moved him there.   He’s long and fast and is a much better player when he isn’t playing with his back to the ball.  The move to safety is smart.  

Agreed, he's a nice developmental safety. 

I also kinda like the idea of drafting a guy like a nick cross or a verone mckinnley 3 who is a really good CF prospect. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I get bristly, because I've had at least one person here outright call me a liar.  

I assure you, I'm not bragging (whats to brag, I failed as an athlete because of my own bad decisions) nor lying.  But as I said, I make no claims of the ultimate accuracy of the measurements.  The 40-time, on a stopwatch, in a parking lot, by a gym coach, probably not accurate.  Maybe close, who knows.  I was skinny (for 280'ish)  and had very long legs as a kid.  /shrug 

The pitch speed I feel much more comfortable with because it was clocked a couple times.  But let me also be clear, I looked like Mitch Williams up there.  My mechanics were trash, and it burned my arm out 1000x faster than it should have (so much so my career was over after my freshman year in college).  Since it was in the "Major League" film era, no shortage of people called me wild thing, lol.  I once broke a guys arm accidently hitting him with a pickoff at second base, lol.

And maxing out at 96 is fast, but my no means special.  Especially by a common-as-dirt right-hander.  100 and a lefty, that is special.    

I hit a ~500 foot HR once too, also not special.  One offs like that happen.

Alot of kids have potential.  Most of us fail to make best use of it.  I had all the genetic help to be something, and I pissed it all away because I was a dumbass.  All I got now are Al Bundy stories, pretty pathetic really.

That's cool, man.  You're our wild thing.

Did I ever tell you about the time I dunked on Vince Carter? 

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And maxing out at 96 is fast, but my no means special.  Especially by a common-as-dirt right-hander.  100 and a lefty, that is special.    I

You're making me cry for the 1,000th time.  My son is 6'6" and lefty.  He played LL.  Threw hard, a bit wild but every 3rd or 4th game he just locked in and wrecked the other lineup.  Didn't love the game though and stopped before high school.  I told him it was a bad career choice but to no avail.

• Sympathy 1

there is running slow, and then there is running the same 40 time as OL....at safety. If those numbers are real, i just can't see how his coverage skills could be anything special. if i had to guess, he will go top 15 because his tape is better than his testing numbers, but you need both to be in the top 8.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wut?  Yeah draft prospects tank their times on purpose all the time.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

you never know.  a top guy like hamilton may already have been contacted by the team that's going to draft him.  these time trials/workout days really only help the kids that come from smaller programs or generally bad teams.

Just now, rangerous said:

you never know.  a top guy like hamilton may already have been contacted by the team that's going to draft him.  these time trials/workout days really only help the kids that come from smaller programs or generally bad teams.

The issue is pay slotting.  Sure player A might like to go to team B but he is not going to forsake possibly millions to do so.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

we just saw an instance where a top rated receiver posted an over 5 time as did cooper kupp.  how's kupp making out?  the point is sometimes these guys tank these tests for their own motives.  i'm not saying hamilton should be the guy either.

Krupp ran a 4.6 at the combine

Just now, Beerfish said:

The issue is pay slotting.  Sure player A might like to go to team B but he is not going to forsake possibly millions to do so.

okay.  i can certainly see that but i also think the top players already have an inkling where they're going. and just maybe, they would rather get drafted later to a good team as opposed to being drafted early and go to a bad team.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

That's cool, man.  You're our wild thing.

Did I ever tell you about the time I dunked on Vince Carter? 

I assisted tackling Emmitt Smith when he played for Escambia HS and I was a SS for Cardinal Newman HS. He was good. ? 

So I've got that going for me. 

On 3/29/2022 at 6:00 PM, Dwight Englewood said:

Still faster than what Hamilton ran

Except if you use the actual numbers, not a tweet based off a stopwatch observer and realize he ran a 4.5 whatever

So the real answer is, no he wasnt faster.

And youre still a troll, wasting his time and life on a Jet board

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I could 100% see Hamilton being the pick at 10 if he slides and JD has secured a WR via trade. I wouldn't hate it, especially if Sauce was off the board

Wouldn't like the pick, but I do like the concept of being able to really upgrade the D with our top two picks because we trade for a top flight receiver. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s fine, a 4.62 is a 4.6 regardless, not an over 5.00 40

i get it.  i think the over 5 was on one of those RAS ratings someone posted.  i'm not so concerned with the 40 times.  that's not necessarily football speed.  on the other hand hamilton is slower than palumalo and ed reed.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

I bet you posterized his ass.

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I assisted tackling Emmitt Smith when he played for Escambia HS and I was a SS for Cardinal Newman HS. He was good. ? 

So I've got that going for me. 

And here's the fun part about telling stories on the interwebz, I definitely did not dunk on Vince Carter.  He definitely dunked on me.  Hard.  Posturized to the point where the dunk was featured on the front of the Orlando Sentinel sports section and I was the guy ducking out of the way of Vince Carter reverse jamming on my head.  The only other time I made the paper with a picture?  When we lost regionals and I went to my knees and covered my face to hide the tears.  I'm a legend!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

And here's the fun part about telling stories on the interwebz, I definitely did not dunk on Vince Carter.  He definitely dunked on me.  Hard.  Posturized to the point where the dunk was featured on the front of the Orlando Sentinel sports section and I was the guy ducking out of the way of Vince Carter reverse jamming on my head.  The only other time I made the paper with a picture?  When we lost regionals and I went to my knees and covered my face to hide the tears.  I'm a legend!

When we played Escambia,  after the game our Coach Sam Budnyk (a former Marine and Korean War Vet) asked the entire team if anyone got the license plate off the truck that just ran our asses over for 60 minutes. ? 

Coach was a hard ass but a great guy. 

https://fhsaa.com/hof.aspx?hof=193

Holy Crap, I found an article that actually mentions the game https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1986-11-30-0270420055-story.html

And no, I was not one of the many people he coached that went on to play College Sports of any kind . I joined the Army. ? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

When we played Escambia,  after the game our Coach, Sam Budnyk (a former Marine and Korean War Vet) asked the entire team if anyone got the license plate off the truck that just ran our asses over for 60 minutes. ? 

Haha, at least he admitted it.  My dumbass HS coach, after getting pulverized by Mainland, down 38 points at the half, comes into the locker room and is like "guys, guys, #23, he's not that good, he's not that good!"...dude, I sh*t you not the entire locker room just started dying laughing and one kid goes, "Ummm, coach, we're playing ******* Michael Jordan out there, what the hell are you watching, we cant stop him!".  Well, we didnt need to, he didnt play the 2nd half, just sat on the bench signing autographs for the rest of the half.  The very next day an article comes out that Jordan called Vince directly and convinced him to go UNC.  Needless to say, we put the article on the locker room wall to make fun of our coach and would mock that silly half time speech to no end "guys, guys!, he's not that good!" to ******* funny.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

You're a legend to us old friend.

Apart from any stealth-Jets here seeing what we're saying about them, at best most of us are failed athletes to some degree or another.  Most dudes who love sports like we all do, played sports at least a little if they had any natural talent or skill.  Some of us a bit better, or worse, than others.  And I'm sure we all had a moment or two, but in the end, we're all fans now.   

The end of my meaningful sports career was as a frosh in college.  I went in to relive, with our team up something like 8-1.  In short order, I hit four guys.  In a row.  I had lost all what little control I had.  It was so bad, the other teams coach came onto the field and accused our coach of putting me in just to hit their guys.  The most (or one of) embarrassing moment of my life.  I was lifted shortly thereafter.  I never pitched again in a game that mattered.  Found out later my throwing elbow was full of bone spurs and torn ligaments.  Such is life.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Haha, at least he admitted it.  My dumbass HS coach, after getting pulverized by Mainland, down 38 points at the half, comes into the locker room and is like "guys, guys, #23, he's not that good, he's not that good!"...dude, I sh*t you not the entire locker room just started dying laughing and one kid goes, "Ummm, coach, we're playing ******* Michael Jordan out there, what the hell are you watching, we cant stop him!".  Well, we didnt need to, he didnt play the 2nd half, just sat on the bench signing autographs for the rest of the half.  The very next day an article comes out that Jordan called Vince directly and convinced him to go UNC.  Needless to say, we put the article on the locker room wall to make fun of our coach and would mock that silly half time speech to no end "guys, guys!, he's not that good!" to ******* funny.

That Is ******* awesome ? 

On 3/29/2022 at 7:29 AM, genot said:

Wow. Haven't seen you post in a while. Hope everything's okay. Who do we take at #4. Who are you're top 3, 4/3, defensive ends.????

Hey, I’ve been good.  Work is busier now so I’m not here as often.   This draft is kind of a mess at the top, so many ways it could break.  I have a strong feeling that 2 of these 3 players will be the Jets selection, Thibodeaux, Gardner and London.   

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Hey, I’ve been good.  Work is busier now so I’m not here as often.   This draft is kind of a mess at the top, so many ways it could break.  I have a strong feeling that 2 of these 3 players will be the Jets selection, Thibodeaux, Gardner and London.   

Boo, to all three, my friend. Walker is my choice at #4. If we do take London, I. Warming up to Karlaftis at #10.

On 3/29/2022 at 5:51 PM, Matt39 said:

4.7 at 250 is exceedingly rare 

For context.  I was probably the second fastest kid on my high school team (that went to state in the 90s), and ran a 4.76 at 170 lbs or so on the stopwatch.  That was considered fast by the standards of the day.   4.7 at 250 in high school is D1 lvl athlete ..   No idea what it is today or how things have changed with measuring the 40.

28 minutes ago, Hael said:

For context.  I was probably the second fastest kid on my high school team (that went to state in the 90s), and ran a 4.76 at 170 lbs or so on the stopwatch.  That was considered fast by the standards of the day.   4.7 at 250 in high school is D1 lvl athlete ..   No idea what it is today or how things have changed with measuring the 40.

This sounds in line with NYS public high school football. If you’re breaking 5.0 you’re faster than most