If the jets pass on Thibodeaux at 4 it’s because…

If the jets pass on Thibodeaux at 4 it’s because…  

56 members have voted

1. 1. If the jets pass on Thibodeaux at 4 it’s because…

• Stupidity
    • Overthinking

21 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Because there's a certain "stigmatism" associated with Kayvon.

Some of us are concerned that he plays in a cupcake collegiate conference, has been hyped AF since stepping on campus but never produced more than seven sacks yet speaks like he's already Lawrence Taylor. 

Maybe the Jets feel the same way?

If Pac 10 is cupcake competition what was Zach Wilson facing?

16 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

If Pac 10 is cupcake competition what was Zach Wilson facing?

Zach Wilson also faced cupcake competition.

His arm talent was freakish, just like KT's athleticism. 

But for all the hate Zach gets on these boards, the overwhelming consensus is that he's a good kid that's passionate about football. 

KT you've got to account for both the easy-mode PAC 12 (and btw, his production there versus Zach's in his final year @ BYU) and that he seemingly cares more about his brand than winning and is egotistical in interviews.

Granted, if KT had 14 sacks last year, I don't think I'd care.

But he's supposed to be this all-world prospect, yet he comes off like a douche, did not produce up to his ability and played in a weak conference.

Put those three together and I think he's risky.

He's Bo Callahan, bruh.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, Grandy said:

Character concerns are why you'd be afraid, but he is very talented.

Tyreek; character concerns?  He was able to overlook Hill’s flaws, so maybe he takes a chance.  Imagine if we pass and Giants take him, then becomes Mike Strahan 

20 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Tyreek; character concerns?  He was able to overlook Hill’s flaws, so maybe he takes a chance.  Imagine if we pass and Giants take him, then becomes Mike Strahan 

It's different when it's a fully developed player as opposed to someone who still has to put in the work to succeed. 

24 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It's different when it's a fully developed player as opposed to someone who still has to put in the work to succeed. 

I agree, but just saying that JD might overlook some character issues if he thinks KT is an elite player 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark78 said:

Never thought much of Strahan and definitely not a Hall of Famer

To me Justin Tuck was a better ball player 

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

I’ll say it, bc he shows all the quintessential traits of being a bust 

Just like Warren Sapp did.

We passed on Sapp. He had all the signs of a bust. 

Kyle Brady was a fantastic alternative.  If Kt is there, I think he becomes a Jet.  We'll see.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Zach Wilson also faced cupcake competition.

His arm talent was freakish, just like KT's athleticism. 

But for all the hate Zach gets on these boards, the overwhelming consensus is that he's a good kid that's passionate about football. 

KT you've got to account for both the easy-mode PAC 12 (and btw, his production there versus Zach's in his final year @ BYU) and that he seemingly cares more about his brand than winning and is egotistical in interviews.

Granted, if KT had 14 sacks last year, I don't think I'd care.

But he's supposed to be this all-world prospect, yet he comes off like a douche, did not produce up to his ability and played in a weak conference.

Put those three together and I think he's risky.

He's Bo Callahan, bruh.  

Context is everything. He had 7 sacks in 10 games. He also got hurt week 3 vs fresno. And still decided to come back and play 7 weeks through injury . When he had nothing to prove and could of shut it down like bosa did.

Through Week 8 of the 2021 season, he was a top-three-graded pass-rusher nationally. Thibodeaux generated 23 pressures on 118 rushes and turned in three elite pass-rush grades above 90.0 in five outings (missed Weeks 2 and 3 due to an ankle injury) in that span.

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Just like Warren Sapp did.

We passed on Sapp. He had all the signs of a bust. 

Kyle Brady was a fantastic alternative.  If Kt is there, I think he becomes a Jet.  We'll see.

Sorry DL who act like WRs usually bust but there’s always anomalies. Just playing the odds. Also, Warren Sapp had all the right characteristics of being a badass, he just smoked pot in the wrong era.

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Context is everything. He had 7 sacks in 10 games. He also got hurt week 3 vs fresno. And still decided to come back and play 7 weeks through injury . When he had nothing to prove and could of shut it down like bosa did.

Through Week 8 of the 2021 season, he was a top-three-graded pass-rusher nationally. Thibodeaux generated 23 pressures on 118 rushes and turned in three elite pass-rush grades above 90.0 in five outings (missed Weeks 2 and 3 due to an ankle injury) in that span.

That context is encouraging.

His brand can be huge in NY... if he produces.

What's weird, I just watched this last night:

Talk about a frustrating watch.

To his credit, KT was utterly dominant in that third quarter. But does it feel like his hand usage/technique is very meh? And then there's two question's about Oregon's defense that I cannot answer:

• I don't know if it's the defensive call or not, but his side of the defense gave up the perimeter like half a dozen times early on - isn't that his responsibility?
  • Why the F did he drop into coverage so many times early on?

6 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

That context is encouraging.

His brand can be huge in NY... if he produces.

What's weird, I just watched this last night:

Talk about a frustrating watch.

To his credit, KT was utterly dominant in that third quarter. But does it feel like his hand usage/technique is very meh? And then there's two question's about Oregon's defense that I cannot answer:

• I don't know if it's the defensive call or not, but his side of the defense gave up the perimeter like half a dozen times early on - isn't that his responsibility?
  • Why the F did he drop into coverage so many times early on?

That was pretty good, I would def take him at 4 if he is there, otherwise I am happy with whatever.  I would say that playing UCLA they had Chip Kelly scheming him into those coverage situations as much as he could and more than they wanted, which is what changed in Q3, tho I think he kinda blew his load before the 4th and did not have as much at the end.  He can definitely use some coaching but the size and strength are undeniable, hopefully interviews etc will get them to know whom to pick and that person will become a perennial All Pro short list hall of famer in year #1 training camp.

I get some of the same vibes from KT that were aired about Vernong Gholston. Not exactly everything, but some of the same vibes. Now, everyone here knows that really good pass rushers have come either in 2nd half of the 1st round or in later rounds. So if the Jets pass on KT, I would trust that based on their experience on the Senior Bowl, they have a solid plan either on 10 or in the 2nd round. 

I honestly wanted Ojabo, at 10, but he effed it up. 

7 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I get some of the same vibes from KT that were aired about Vernong Gholston. Not exactly everything, but some of the same vibes. Now, everyone here knows that really good pass rushers have come either in 2nd half of the 1st round or in later rounds. So if the Jets pass on KT, I would trust that based on their experience on the Senior Bowl, they have a solid plan either on 10 or in the 2nd round. 

I honestly wanted Ojabo, at 10, but he effed it up. 

Hey remember when everyone got Hackenberg vibes from Allen?

17 hours ago, Claymation said:

He takes plays off. He is absent for large part of the game. His skill set isn’t extraordinary.

Why do you think he is worthy of the 4th pick?

I think he's a super athletic powerful edge rusher who checks every box in terms of traits and overall production and in terms of overall ability he's one of the top five guys in this draft. I guess I'm in the minority but he has very low bust potential IMHO. Even if he never reaches superstar "All Pro" level I think he'll be a very good pass rusher for a long time.

• Upvote 2