Bucky Brooks Mock 3.0 has the Jets taking:

Nixhead

On 3/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, Nixhead said:

Sauce Gardner at 4 and Kyle Hamilton at 10. Where do these mock guys come from? Does he know absolutely nothing about what positions Joe D and Robert Saleh value high in the draft. I guess Sauce at 4 is a possibility because his first 3 picks were D-Ends but the Jets get their choice of the best O-lineman there. Hamilton at 10 when the Jets obviously need a receiver and just signed a saftey? The guy should not be an NFL analyst.

It's a silly mock

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Him not overrating Mariota as much as most did is a feather in his cap. 

If we're basing it on where Brooks felt he belonged, even 18 is insanely over drafted.

However, I believe these mocks are predicting how they believe things will unfold, meaning Mariota at 18 was beyond ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

To be fair any non mentally challenged person knew Mariota was a poor man’s kaepernick

Ok, well, obviously the Titans thought he was going to be elite by taking him with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

I was on this site this past summer and there were those that said Zach Wilson is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers. Zach may very well turn into a serviceable QB. He will never wear a gold jacket. I think we can now safely say that.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

If we're basing it on where Brooks felt he belonged, even 18 is insanely over drafted.

However, I believe these mocks are predicting how they believe things will unfold, meaning Mariota at 18 was beyond ridiculous.

Well, it's easy to knock Brooks, The Titans, or Mariota 7 years later when he has proven to be a bust. 

But of course a lot of Jets fans knew in 2015 that Mariota would be a bust. Many draft gurus here. 

That last paragraph is not directed at you personally. It is directed at the several wannabe draft analysts all over the internet that watch tons of "film"(YouTube highlight videos) on these "kids" and delusionally believe their opinion matters.

I thank them them all for the laughs.

3 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Ok, well, obviously the Titans thought he was going to be elite by taking him with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

I was on this site this past summer and there were those that said Zach Wilson is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers. Zach may very well turn into a serviceable QB. He will never wear a gold jacket. I think we can now safely say that.

Well, it's easy to knock Brooks, The Titans, or Mariota 7 years later when he has proven to be a bust. 

But of course a lot of Jets fans knew in 2015 that Mariota would be a bust. Everyone here is a draft guru with a lot of knowledge. 

That last paragraph is not directed at you personally. It is directed at the several wannabe draft analysts all over the internet that watch tons of "film"(YouTube highlight videos) on these "kids" and delusionally believe their opinion matters.

A lot of people were way the f wrong on Mariota.  I certainly wasn’t.  That said the Zach hype to me is even more perplexing and mind numbing than 2015 Mariota= Faster Russell Wilson hype. At least Mariota played very well against top competition in college

2 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

A lot of people were way the f wrong on Mariota.  I certainly wasn’t.  That said the Zach hype to me is even more perplexing and mind numbing than 2015 Mariota= Faster Russell Wilson hype. At least Mariota played very well against top competition in college

As I said, I think Zach can become a serviceable QB, but anyone still thinking he will ever be a elite NFL QB should be evaluated by a MD. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

As I said, I think Zach can become a serviceable QB, but anyone still thinking he will ever be a elite NFL QB should be evaluated by a MD. 

Packers fans who come to a Jets message board (most random sh*t ever) should be evaluated…and then beaten in the head with a tack hammer.

6 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Oh look, we have another keyboard warrior. How fun.

7696ccb10eab53ff44e0fb57c512bd80.gif.2191e660236e30138d1b949a6f4aca12.gif

What keyboard warrior?

You’re a Packers fan on a Jets message board. Why you would have even a shred of interest in this team is beyond me.

We’re not even in the same conference, much less the same division.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Aaron had a great rookie year ....I believe it was 65 yards and 1 int ... hof worthy. Geez.

Aaron didn't start as a rookie. The Packers developed him properly like they are now doing with J-Love. Our way works.

Aaron credits Tom Clements for his development as a young QB. Guess who is back in Green Bay to work with J-Love. Tom Clements. The present and future set at QB in Green Bay.

Good luck with Zach. I'm sure not too much damage has been done. He is a shoo-in for the HOF based on your hopes and dreams.

lafleur-no.gif.6f9562771ae6ab35dbf9e8ad0a1296f4.gif

On 4/1/2022 at 11:52 PM, PackerNation said:

But of course a lot of Jets fans knew in 2015 that Mariota would be a bust. Many draft gurus here. 

I thank them them all for the laughs.

That's an awful lot of words to say you don't understand what I said.  Well done.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

That's an awful lot of words to say you don't understand what I said.  Well done.

I understood you perfectly...

Originally you said that you stopped paying attention to Brooks when he had Mariota going 18th. Ok, yes, most people had Mariota going higher. So, I was saying, how did Brooks having him overrated, but less overrated than most make him more of a clown?

Everyone and their brother make mock drafts. I don't think everyone looks at it as trying to guess exactly how things will fall on draft night. Most are obviously going to have some players they are not as high on going a little later in their mocks than some others may have.

I don't think Bucky Brooks is some incredible draft analyst, but I wouldn't label him a clown over his placement of Mariota in his mock draft in 2015.

It's all good. From the NFL Network guys, I think Daniel Jeremiah has the most clue on the draft.  

On 3/31/2022 at 10:27 PM, AFJF said:

I'm sure Bucky is a nice guy and all, but I haven't paid attention to any of his mocks since he had Mariota going 18th when everyone on the planet knew he was going top 2.

Yeah, he is ******* terrible. He co-hosts a podcast with Daniel Jeremiah and his entire shtick is that, look; I’ve been in the war rooms so I don’t really have to do any of the work studying these guys, but they’re all bad except for this one dude I read a snippet about on Bleacher Report. He brings the whole show down. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, he is ******* terrible. He co-hosts a podcast with Daniel Jeremiah and his entire shtick is that, look; I’ve been in the war rooms so I don’t really have to do any of the work studying these guys, but they’re all bad except for this one dude I read a snippet about on Bleacher Report. He brings the whole show down. 

Yeah, I listen fairly regularly but honestly at this point prefer the Draft Dudes pod from the Draft Network.  They seem to get through a lot more prospects on a per-hour basis  whereas DJ and Bucky get hung up on one or two guys forever and then squeeze in a couple names as the show is closing out.  And I get the odd reference to once "being in the war room" but it feels like 80% of his comments are prefaced with "what we used to do" or "we used to call that...." and then followed with some worthless reference.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PackerNation said:

I understood you perfectly...

Originally you said that you stopped paying attention to Brooks when he had Mariota going 18th. Ok, yes, most people had Mariota going higher. So, I was saying, how did Brooks having him overrated, but less overrated than most make him more of a clown?

Everyone and their brother make mock drafts. I don't think everyone looks at it as trying to guess exactly how things will fall on draft night. Most are obviously going to have some players they are not as high on going a little later in their mocks than some others may have.

I don't think Bucky Brooks is some incredible draft analyst, but I wouldn't label him a clown over his placement of Mariota in his mock draft in 2015.

It's all good. From the NFL Network guys, I think Daniel Jeremiah has the most clue on the draft.  

So he was either....

Wayyyyyy off in terms of where Mariota would go.

or

Wayyyyyy off in terms of where he thought Mariota should have gone.

Now if he'd said round 5 we'd be calling him a genius today, but it reeked of trying to look a million times smarter than anyone who was paying attention and he just looked like an idiot.

And let's not get started on his horrible work on the move the chains pod.

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, I listen fairly regularly but honestly at this point prefer the Draft Dudes pod from the Draft Network.  They seem to get through a lot more prospects on a per-hour basis  whereas DJ and Bucky get hung up on one or two guys forever and then squeeze in a couple names as the show is closing out.  And I get the odd reference to once "being in the war room" but it feels like 80% of his comments are prefaced with "what we used to do" or "we used to call that...." and then followed with some worthless reference.

100% Jeremiah will say something like, “I talked to a few guys around the league about Thibodeaux and they said…” and Brooks will follow up with some two-minute filibuster about the one time his team was thinking about drafting Demarcus Ware or some sh*t. Useless.

• Haha 1