Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

@Jetlife33 Great pick of Lecitus Smith. Good value here, and a guy that can play multiple positions. 

Interesting how mock drafts and player values settle out after the 1st mocks produced much earlier in the year.

Smith was always rated super high in initial mocks as in 2nd round and such, now he has settled into around this zone of players.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

As of right now, these are my Top 5 Drafts

1. Eagles - Dcat
  2. Falcons - UntouchableCrew
  3. Jaguars - NYJetsVets91
  4. Cowboys - HeyMangold
  5. Lions - kdels

It's nice to have a boatload of picks.  It really is. I'd make some changes going back.  With 2 picks instead of 3 in rd 1, Lloyd drops off there and that might alter the remaining picks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Interesting how mock drafts and player values settle out after the 1st mocks produced much earlier in the year.

Smith was always rated super high in initial mocks as in 2nd round and such, now he has settled into around this zone of players.

and... if the NFL draft were end of May, the rankings would change yet again.  It's fluid.

5 hours ago, section314 said:

@Jetlife33 Great pick of Lecitus Smith. Good value here, and a guy that can play multiple positions. 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yup. He was the last of the targeted players I sent over to the mods. Kinda surprised he was still available.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

It's nice to have a boatload of picks.  It really is. I'd make some changes going back.  With 2 picks instead of 3 in rd 1, Lloyd drops off there and that might alter the remaining picks.

Same here. 

I love the value I got trading out of R1. I think Raimann was the wrong pick. The OGs that were available late in this draft would have been better value. I probably should have gone CB with my first 2nd rounder, then OG later. Swap Raimann and TCF perhaps. 

Im not unhappy with my draft though. This is a super unsexy, but very pragmatic, group I put together.

I can see each of my first 4 picks starting as rookies, eventually.

With the Cameron Dicker pick, the @heymangold's Cowboys draft is complete:

Pick    Rd    Pk    Value    Tm    NFL Team    GM    Player    Pos    School
24    1    24    740    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    Zion Johnson    OG    Boston College
56    2    24    340    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    Skyy Moore    WR    Western Michigan
88    3    24    150    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    Sam Williams    EDGE    Ole Miss
129    4    24    40    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    Bryan Cook    S    Cincinnati
155    5    11    27.4    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    JoJo Domann    OLB    Nebraska
167    5    23    22.2    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    Jayden Peevy    DT    Texas A&M
176    5    33    17.4    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    Obinna Eze    OT    TCU
178    5    35    16.6    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    Jerome Ford    RB    Cincinnati
193    6    14    11    DAL    Cowboys    HeyMangold    Cameron Dicker    PK    Texas

• Upvote 2

@HawkeyeJet's draft for the Jets.  

Pick    Rd    Pk    Value    Tm    NFL Team    GM    Player    Pos    School
4    1    4    1800    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    Travon Walker    DE    Georgia
10    1    10    1300    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    Garrett Wilson    WR    Ohio State
38    2    6    520    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    Jalen Pitre    S    Baylor
45    2    13    450    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    Christian Harris    ILB    Alabama
62    2    30    284    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    Isaiah Spiller    RB    Texas A&M
100    3    36    92    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    David Bell    WR    Purdue
111    4    6    66    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    Cameron Jurgens    OC    Nebraska
117    4    12    54    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    Troy Andersen    ILB    Montana State
163    5    19    23.8    NYJ    Jets    HawkeyeJet    Matthew Butler    DT    Tennessee

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Same here. 

I love the value I got trading out of R1. I think Raimann was the wrong pick. The OGs that were available late in this draft would have been better value. I probably should have gone CB with my first 2nd rounder, then OG later. Swap Raimann and TCF perhaps. 

Im not unhappy with my draft though. This is a super unsexy, but very pragmatic, group I put together.

I can see each of my first 4 picks starting as rookies, eventually.

WHat I learned is that this mock is very deep at a number of positions so you don't need to scramble invest too early.  Sometimes too early, sometimes just right.  (She said)

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

WHat I learned is that this mock is very deep at a number of positions so you don't need to scramble invest too early.  Sometimes too early, sometimes just right.  (She said)

Yep.

LB in particular.

• Sympathy 1

Eagles draft:

George Karlaftis EDGE Purdue

Drake London WR USC

Devin Lloyd ILB Utah

Travis Jones DTU Conn

Martin Emerson CB Mississippi State

Cole Turner TE Nevada

Luke Goedeke OT Central Michigan

Cam Taylor-Britt S Nebraska

Tre Turner WR Virginia Tech

Hassan Haskins RB Michigan

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 4/12/2022 at 1:39 PM, Sarge4Tide said:

As of right now, these are my Top 5 Drafts

1. Eagles - Dcat
  2. Falcons - UntouchableCrew
  3. Jaguars - NYJetsVets91
  4. Cowboys - HeyMangold
  5. Lions - kdels

I'm quite offended, the Texans are loaded and quite clearly the best draft but It's ok, I'll forgive you, you probably just didnt see the picks or something.

My other choices would be in no particular order;

Chiefs, Falcons, Packers, Jets, Lions. 

• Sympathy 2

13 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm quite offended, the Texans are loaded and quite clearly the best draft but It's ok, I'll forgive you, you probably just didnt see the picks or something.

My other choices would be in no particular order;

Chiefs, Falcons, Packers, Jets, Lions. 

Texans are having a solid draft, but I’ll take this opportunity to point out that the JN Mock Draft is scored by value. (JN draft position - actual draft position), in which case the Cardinals are having a sneaky good draft. 

No love for my awesome two person Dolphins draft.  Alec Lindstrom and Darian Beavers are going to transform that franchise. 

And I guess I get credit (or blame) for the trade up that landed Olave to the Packers.  Had I stuck with the Packers, Devonte Wyatt never would have made it to @T0mShane at the top of Round 2.  He would have been pick 28--I think Shane got a steal.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

No love for my awesome two person Dolphins draft.  Alec Lindstrom and Darian Beavers are going to transform that franchise. 

And I guess I get credit (or blame) for the trade up that landed Olave to the Packers.  Had I stuck with the Packers, Devonte Wyatt never would have made it to @T0mShane at the top of Round 2.  He would have been pick 28--I think Shane got a steal.

I will live or die by my Jack Coan pick.

• Haha 3