Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Pick is up. I always explain my choices so here’s what happened:

No one wanted to trade so I was torn between 3 players and went with the most likely guy. That’s it, I preferred a different player but this just feels more correct.

I was sure you were going to go with the guy in your avatar.  This pick surprised me.

Just now, Lith said:

I was sure you were going to go with the guy in your avatar.  This pick surprised me.

I was also sure about it but considering the audience I figured edge players will fly off the board faster than CB and I’ll find value later on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I was also sure about it but considering the audience I figured edge players will fly off the board faster than CB and I’ll find value later on.

That makes sense.  But you have made pretty clear who your number 1 guy is in the Draft Forum.  I guess that you ideally would have iked to trade back and take the CB.  But with this draft, with no clear cut 1 or 2, little separation between the top guys, it was alwys going to be tough to find a trade partner willing to move up.

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

That makes sense.  But you have made pretty clear who your number 1 guy is in the Draft Forum.  I guess that you ideally would have iked to trade back and take the CB.  But with this draft, with no clear cut 1 or 2, little separation between the top guys, it was alwys going to be tough to find a trade partner willing to move up.

Jeff Okudah really put a wrench in my plans.

6 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

I've been doing this draft for quite a while now and I've never had 0 hits on trying to trade back.. I guess it makes sense this year since there's like 3 or 4 guys who could potentially be the pick at #1.

There’s no one I’d moved up that far for and as you said there’s not one or even two definites for the first pick. 

With all the easy choices spoken for, this should be a Jets pick ripe for debate :)

btw, Am i seriously the only one who thinks the Wolverine is wildly overrated? You know those picks that like 4 years later, ppl are saying - Maaaan, i can't believe ppl thought he was a top 10 pick. This is one of those to me. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

I've been doing this draft for quite a while now and I've never had 0 hits on trying to trade back.. I guess it makes sense this year since there's like 3 or 4 guys who could potentially be the pick at #1.

Bad year to have #1 OVA

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

With all the easy choices spoken for, this should be a Jets pick ripe for debate :)

btw, Am i seriously the only one who thinks the Wolverine is wildly overrated? You know those picks that like 4 years later, ppl are saying - Maaaan, i can't believe ppl thought he was a top 10 pick. This is one of those to me. 

Feels like a gritty 8-10 sacks a year guy that everyone likes anyway

Maybe a reach, but I’m guessing that Daboll and Schoen take a QB with freaky traits and build around him like they did with Josh Allen in Buffalo. They don’t risk letting Carolina take him at 6, so they take the plunge at 5. Bonus: they can package Daniel Jones and his $4+ mil in cap savings with another pick and trade the former Dukie back to Carolina for a 2023 fourth and sixth or some such. Giants are capped out and looking to shed contracts at the draft. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe a reach, but I’m guessing that Daboll and Schoen take a QB with freaky traits and build around him like they did with Josh Allen in Buffalo. They don’t risk letting Carolina take him at 6, so they take the plunge at 5. Bonus: they can package Daniel Jones and his $4+ mil in cap savings with another pick and trade the former Dukie back to Carolina for a 2023 fourth and sixth or some such. Giants are capped out and looking to shed contracts at the draft. 

2 overall came down to Willis, KT or Gardner and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Willis go in the top 5 at this point I expect it honestly.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Boo Booing GIF by South Park

Those first 3 picks were my worst nightmare.  I was hoping for KT.  Walker could be a monster and we’d feel like we received a gift 3 teams passed on him.  He could also be a non-factor.

Yeah you got screwed over pretty hard on value. I don’t even know who I’d like to see the Jets take in that scenario. Hopefully someone comes calling to jump the Giants for Willis.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A big happy birthday to @32EBoozer! The big six-oh!!

Well… actually turned 59 a few weeks ago!

When I first joined the board in 2004 I expected a Yahoo or Equifax level data breach! So I falsified my actual account info. 
I hope this is a Hunter Biden level offense where no one really cares

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Welp....Steelers would have traded up with the Jets to grab Willis or Pickett....looks like the Jets lose even in these mock drafts.

Well then the Steelers should have contacted the Jets a few days ago when the Jets posted they were willing to trade ?

30 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well… actually turned 59 a few weeks ago!

When I first joined the board in 2004 I expected a Yahoo or Equifax level data breach! So I falsified my actual account info. 
I hope this is a Hunter Biden level offense where no one really cares

Booz, I know you were making a joke, but lets keep the political references out of the draft thread.

Thanks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Yeah you got screwed over pretty hard on value. I don’t even know who I’d like to see the Jets take in that scenario. Hopefully someone comes calling to jump the Giants for Willis.

If that scenario played out next month and they didn’t t trade back I actually would want Walker and feel like he’s a JD guy and a Saleh guy as T0m said.

My worry about trading back is they trade back too low and then miss out on Johnson and Karlaftis and come away with no Edge in Rd 1

• Upvote 1