Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

59 minutes ago, Lith said:

No love for my awesome two person Dolphins draft.  Alec Lindstrom and Darian Beavers are going to transform that franchise. 

And I guess I get credit (or blame) for the trade up that landed Olave to the Packers.  Had I stuck with the Packers, Devonte Wyatt never would have made it to @T0mShane at the top of Round 2.  He would have been pick 28--I think Shane got a steal.

ha!  I realized it was a little unfair because I chose teams with a lot of high picks, which everyone that fits that category honestly look solid, other than the Giants.  Just miserable directionless GM'ing with that team.  

I was going to give a category of best drafts w/ out first round picks which would include, Broncos, Rams, Patriots.  Sorry to disappoint. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Texans are having a solid draft, but I’ll take this opportunity to point out that the JN Mock Draft is scored by value. (JN draft position - actual draft position), in which case the Cardinals are having a sneaky good draft. 

Dont get me started on the scoring system.  Still bitter form Fournette and Robinson mocked perfectly and lost...lol

I like the Cards draft too.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

ha!  I realized it was a little unfair because I chose teams with a lot of high picks, which everyone that fits that category honestly look solid, other than the Giants.  Just miserable directionless GM'ing with that team.  

I was going to give a category of best drafts w/ out first round picks which would include, Broncos, Rams, Patriots.  Sorry to disappoint. 

What about best draft without 1st, 2nd, 5th or 6th round picks.  Surely I must at least be top 3 in this category.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Texans are having a solid draft, but I’ll take this opportunity to point out that the JN Mock Draft is scored by value. (JN draft position - actual draft position), in which case the Cardinals are having a sneaky good draft. 

Pats drafted 6 first round talents with no first round picks.

• Haha 1

The Colts have no draft assets but the same needs as the Jets.   I don’t love my 2nd pick, but the EDGES were thin and other people say my guy could be good (I think maybe a good starter) From there on out - high ceiling low floor guys.  Hoping for a couple impact players.  

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

The Colts have no draft assets but the same needs as the Jets.   I don’t love my 2nd pick, but the EDGES were thin and other people say my guy could be good (I think maybe a good starter) From there on out - high ceiling low floor guys.  Hoping for a couple impact players.  

Really like your picks of Woods, Mitchell and Melton.

36 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You repped the Colts well this year - great job!

• Like 1

One thing I found out having the Browns this year was how much not having a 5th rd pick this year mattered. The sweet spot of this draft was 3, 4&5. Lots of good players in there. Tried to trade down to get a pick or two in thx 5th, but no luck.Definitely had to change the bigger picture philosophy because of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

4 kickers picked (3 Punters, 1 Placekicker) is that a JN record for one draft?

Pisses me off.  Looks like this will be the first draft where i have not drafted a Bulldog.  I had targeted Jake Camarda with one of my 7s, but shocked that he did not make it to 7.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Pisses me off.  Looks like this will be the first draft where i have not drafted a Bulldog.  I had targeted Jake Camarda with one of my 7s, but shocked that he did not make it to 7.

14 Georgia players picked, that is an amazingly high number.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

14 Georgia players picked, that is an amazingly high number.

That is a very high number, I got my Cowboy (Muma) at a pretty good spot, early 3rd.

• Upvote 1

I was getting a tad nervous that he might not last to my pick. He is one of the more athletic G’s in the class, and offers good flexibility on positional value. Cleveland has a very good OL, so no need to rush him in. Bitonio and Teller are good and durable. Where I could possibly see him getting a shot would be C. Mack Brown said he could play there if needed at UNC. They are paying Watson a ton, all guaranteed. I might want a slight upgrade at C from Pocic  and Nick Harris to protect the man.😁

• Upvote 1

I am not particularly fond of my draft.  Kind of tough to expect instant impact out of a draft with no 1st or 2nd.  Not in love with my picks. I should have taken Troy Andersen first (3rd round) and then gone for the guard.   He's the kind of athletic chess piece a guy like Graham would love to use.  Poor man's Travon Walker and the Jets ended up with both.  Funny, @HawkeyeJettook Andersen with the Jets next to last pick (117) and he didn't even last to my 2nd pick (126),, Kind of fell into my picks and there weren't any I was really waiting on.  I really shoud have gotten a tackle, but missed out or misplayed my hand.  I would have liked to have gotten Burford, but missed out there too. 

Part of me wants to take @Greenseed4's offer, but I kind of like the guy I am looking at now and probably should have taken him over Rose.  Looks like maybe Rose can't run at all, but I wanted a SAM and he can play zone D.

59 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not particularly fond of my draft.  Kind of tough to expect instant impact out of a draft with no 1st or 2nd.  Not in love with my picks. I should have taken Troy Andersen first (3rd round) and then gone for the guard.   He's the kind of athletic chess piece a guy like Graham would love to use.  Poor man's Travon Walker and the Jets ended up with both.  Funny, @HawkeyeJettook Andersen with the Jets next to last pick (117) and he didn't even last to my 2nd pick (126),, Kind of fell into my picks and there weren't any I was really waiting on.  I really shoud have gotten a tackle, but missed out or misplayed my hand.  I would have liked to have gotten Burford, but missed out there too. 

Part of me wants to take @Greenseed4's offer, but I kind of like the guy I am looking at now and probably should have taken him over Rose.  Looks like maybe Rose can't run at all, but I wanted a SAM and he can play zone D.

I think you should!

44 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Seriously @Beerfish

Thats' the second time that's happened to me this year

I feel no remorse.  Earlier in the draft twice i was snipped two picks before my pick.  It was like, "I think I might get my guy!"  Then he immediately goes off the board.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.