Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

Just now, Lith said:

Never fails.  We always seems we get the west coast guys on the clock early AM.

To be fair, I probably would have taken pretty long with this one if I'd kept the Seahawks.  I figured someone I like would drop or I'd just take Willis.  Kind of surprised that two QBs are off the board already.  I expect that in the real draft, but none of us have to worry about our coaches jobs, so I figured we'd be willing to skip them.  I'd have gone for Willis, but not Pickett.  I don't think any of the QBs I'd be interested in are worth 9.  Interested to see which way paradis goes.  My most likely pick would probably have been decried as a huge reach.

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Welp....Steelers would have traded up with the Jets to grab Willis or Pickett....looks like the Jets lose even in these mock drafts.

the Steelers have Trubinsky, i dont think QB is a high priority. not at the price it would cost to move from 20 to 4. not with this QB class.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Quite surprised QBs went that early, would be good for the jets if this plays out.

As for the jets pick?  Welcome to the NFL Bryan Thomas version 2  ?

yeah   didn't expect that and disappointed as GM for Phiil

12 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

I've been doing this draft for quite a while now and I've never had 0 hits on trying to trade back.. I guess it makes sense this year since there's like 3 or 4 guys who could potentially be the pick at #1.

Bad year to have #1 OVA

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Then does that mean Hamilton will turn into Ed Reed??

No, it means that unfortunately for the real Jets this draft is as bad as I've seen talent wise at the top of the draft. 

In most years at the top of the draft teams are salivating over who they might get, this year there is a lot of hopes and wishes.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, it means that unfortunately for the real Jets this draft is as bad as I've seen talent wise at the top of the draft. 

In most years at the top of the draft teams are salivating over who they might get, this year there is a lot of hopes and wishes.

Or, at least with the first 4-5 picks, you may truly just have to go BPA, which makes me shudder as to what that would mean. I could live with an OL in that case, or WR, but not a S or CB.

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Westcoast holding up the draft -- will make the pick--

there is NO urgency.  That's why we begin the draft about this time every year and allow a 3 hr clock fior the first 3-4 rounds.    3 hr clock means just that.  I hear no complaints out there, so everyone should be able to work their trades without unnecessary pressure.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BroadwayBen said:

Assuming we don't make a splash for Aj Brown or Metcalf, I absolutely hope we get Wilson at #10. He's definitely my favorite of this WR class. Great pick @HawkeyeJet

Thanks.  I like Wilson a lot.  I toyed with London as I like both of them equally, but I anticipate the Jets going with Wilson given the chance.  I think he’s got the highest floor of all the receivers. I think he will at bare minimum be a good receiver with an opportunity to be much more.  If the idea is to help Zach Wilson, I think Garrett Wilson is the most ready to step right in and help.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Thanks.  I like Wilson a lot.  I toyed with London as I like both of them equally, but I anticipate the Jets going with Wilson given the chance.  I think he’s got the highest floor of all the receivers. I think he will at bare minimum be a good receiver with an opportunity to be much more.  If the idea is to help Zach Wilson, I think Garrett Wilson is the most ready to step right in and help.

I wouldn't be upset with London either, he's supremely talented. I just have more of a gut feeling with Wilson more than anything. Bottomline, we need to surround Z Wilson with some more talent. 

• Upvote 1

The vikings are desperate for a Cornerback. Did some digging and their new DC Ed Donatell has already stated he will be utilizing a lot of nickel formation, which only increased the need to add to the CB room. Stingley Jr was elite his freshman year and as the pseudo GM of the vikings, I’m going to bite here. Just outside of the top 10, I’ll hope Stingley Jr can return to his freshman form. He has a ton of upside.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

The vikings are desperate for a Cornerback. Did some digging and their new DC Ed Donatell has already stated he will be utilizing a lot of nickel fronts, which only increased the need to add to the CB room. Stingley Jr was elite his freshman year and as the pseudo GM of the vikings, I’m going to bite here. Just outside of the top 10, I’ll hope Stingley Jr can return to his freshman form. He has a ton of upside.

Yeah that's a good pick. Right around where Stingley starts to become value. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Boo Booing GIF by South Park

Those first 3 picks were my worst nightmare.  I was hoping for KT.  Walker could be a monster and we’d feel like we received a gift 3 teams passed on him.  He could also be a non-factor.

Out of curiosity, what would the Steelers have to had offer for you to move from #4 to #20? In this scenario.

I agree that Walker is a wild card. He could be a HoF or a career rotational player.