Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I was taking Linderbaum for Jets at 35 if he slid.  Calls of homerism or not.  Center is a borderline need but I was gonna do it.

Cinci makes so much sense as a spot for him.

I mean, the whole first round reflects Jets fans picking guys they like for he Jets, for other teams. At 35 it’d be an excellent pick for us.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I was taking Linderbaum for Jets at 35 if he slid.  Calls of homerism or not.  Center is a borderline need but I was gonna do it.

Cinci makes so much sense as a spot for him.

I contemplated DM'ing you to see if you wanted to trade up to 29 to draft him lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King P said:

I contemplated DM'ing you to see if you wanted to trade up to 29 to draft him lol

Funny.  I ran trade charts for picks 28-30 figuring Cinci might be the spot.  Couldn’t bring myself to give up a 4th to move up for a quasi need with so many real needs left.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, the whole first round reflects Jets fans picking guys they like for he Jets, for other teams. At 35 it’d be an excellent pick for us.

Chiefs needed a WR and S, so I picked a WR and S. 

Jets only need a WR and S because they need every single position to begin with. 

So of course it's going to feel like that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Jets only need a WR and S because they need every single position to begin with. 

Agreed I thought the original comment was nonsensical.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What..... @Dcat @Lith @JTJet... a trade up for Burks... Olave at 18?! 

If there's 4 WRs taken between 10-20, i'll go streaking... 100% 

No different than any other draft. 

Chiefs have 10 billion picks, they will probably move all over the draft for whoever they want. 

Just now, JTJet said:

No different than any other draft. 

Chiefs have 10 billion picks, they will probably move all over the draft for whoever they want. 

except the grand canyon gap in talent, i don't half of them are Round 1 talent... but that seems to be unpopular take as of late.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What..... @Dcat @Lith @JTJet... a trade up for Burks... Olave at 18?! 

If there's 4 WRs taken between 10-20, i'll go streaking... 100% 

Well there are few issues, #1 is need. Teams NEED WRs.

The second issue is this draft stinks at the top, so for every 'Wr A,B, C is lousy you can ask, who do you take?  The lousy Oline , dline, lb, CB, safety?

I know WR and TE are specialty of yours but look at the alternatives.  Just because wrs are not up to standard does not make the rest of the talent staring you in the face any better.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

except the grand canyon gap in talent, i don't half of them are Round 1 talent... but that seems to be unpopular take as of late.

I'm confused here. What exactly is your gripe? 

Are you mad that there are 32 teams in the NFL and it stands to reason that many would want the same players?

Or

Are you salty that the mock draft isnt playing out how you wanted?

I'm not being a dick here, but I kind of am, because it's coming off like the second option. 

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well there are few issues, #1 is need. Teams NEED WRs.

The second issue is this draft stinks at the top, so for every 'Wr A,B, C is lousy you can ask, who do you take?  The lousy Oline , dline, lb, CB, safety?

I know WR and TE are specialty of yours but look at the alternatives.  Just because wrs are not up to standard does not make the rest of the talent staring you in the face any better.

I get it, i do. Looking at alternatives makes the "i smell dog sh*" face... It's a wow moment for me. 

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I'm confused here. What exactly is your gripe? 

Are you mad that there are 32 teams in the NFL and it stands to reason that many would want the same players?

Or

Are you salty that the mock draft isnt playing out how you wanted?

I'm not being a dick here, but I kind of am, because it's coming off like the second option. 

lol wut. It's an observation and making conversation. I thought that what this thread was for - not just for blowing each other over selections. I think GMs will have a higher grade on some oline/dline and DBs than some of this WRs like Olave and Watson. 

It's why we do this, to critique and discuss.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol wut. It's an observation and making conversation. I thought that what this thread was for - not just for blowing each other over selections. I think GMs will have a higher grade on some oline/dline and DBs than some of this WRs like Olave and Watson. 

My bad that wasnt meant for you. 

But you are right regardless. I just dont get the perception that everyone's just picking players they want for the Jets. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

YOU GO TELL AARON RODGERS WE PICKED ILB AND BOX SAFETIES CAUSE THE WR'S WERE POOR!   ?   Then you can tell him how good 80 year old randall cobb and #1 Wr allen lazard really  are,.  ?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I mean I got Trent McDuffie at 32 overall. I’m pretty happy at the inflation of hyper analyzed Jets fan favorites.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Paradis said:

For god sakes, PHI has taken Devonta, and Reagor in back to back years, in the first, and JJ Arcega-Nope the year before in the 2nd. 

and they will take another.  In the teens. Book it.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, JTJet said:

But you are right regardless. I just dont get the perception that everyone's just picking players they want for the Jets. 

He was being sarcastic, but there is an element of truth in it

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He was being sarcastic, but there is an element of truth in it

yea i hope we're not taking this/ourselves too seriously, @JTJet -- i was being genuine in my dismay over the run on WRs, but it's not a finger pointed at any one with intent. Someone has to give you sailors a hard time

• Upvote 2

Just now, Paradis said:

yea i hope we're not taking this/ourselves too seriously, @JTJet -- i was being genuine in my dismay over the run on WRs, but it's not a finger pointed at any one with intent. Someone has to give you sailors a hard time

...Airmen 

But point taken.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

I don’t know why you think I’m singling you out. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Agreed I thought the original comment was nonsensical.

You guys are picking guys that have been salivated over for months. Arguably early. You guys do what you want, it was really just telling the other guy not to apologize for a reach. 

That’s not nonsensical, it’s just what is playing out. It wasn’t even criticism, tbh.

Love that it got taken that way though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Sweet baby ray’s… I’m sorry you feel attacked.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You guys are picking guys that have been salivated over for months. Arguably early. You guys do what you want, it was really just telling the other guy not to apologize for a reach. 

That’s not nonsensical, it’s just what is playing out. It wasn’t even criticism, tbh.

Love that it got taken that way though. 

Go for it, list all the awful reaches.  And make sure at the same time you assess who should have been taken and address the team needs.

I'll stand by my comment, your comment was nonsense. 

Two QBs taken in the top few picks, 3 in the top 20. Yup, those are jets picks.  Two guards taken. 

I'll say the same to you that I did to Paradis.  The whole draft is trash at the top so if you do not take one of the 'obvious awful reach' picks who are you taking? 

The jets have needs ......everywhere, so guess what?  Players are going to be taken that have been talked about the jets.

• Upvote 1