Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

What..... [mention=9150]Dcat[/mention] [mention=28279]Lith[/mention] [mention=33560]JTJet[/mention]... a trade up for Burks... Olave at 18?! 
If there's 4 WRs taken between 10-20, i'll go streaking... 100% 

Guilty. As charged.

I definitely got caught up in the mentality of gotta get a WR for the Pack after losing Adams and MVS. I was dead set on WR with my first pick. Decided to move up a few slots to get the guy I think is a good fit for the Packers offense.

Pack had 12 picks. I gave up a late 3 to get my guy. Probably a bit reach, but I thought it was worth it given the need. I would not have double dipped the way Beerfiah did with Watson. Guy I would have taken had I kept the Pack is still on the board.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Go for it, list all the awful reaches.  And make sure at the same time you assess who should have been taken and address the team needs.

I'll stand by my comment, your comment was nonsense. 

Two QBs taken in the top few picks, 3 in the top 20. Yup, those are jets picks.  Two guards taken. 

I'll say the same to you that I did to Paradis.  The whole draft is trash at the top so if you do not take one of the 'obvious awful reach' picks who are you taking? 

The jets have needs ......everywhere, so guess what?  Players are going to be taken that have been talked about the jets.

I think you are overreacting to my comment. Fans picking the guys they’ve spent the most time looking at the past few months… is referring to unconscious bias towards favorites.

Like I said, it’s not a critique. I’ll likely do the same with my picks. In fact I’m fully prepared to eat crap for picking guys you all think are late rounders. 

My point to @HawkeyeJet was to not feel like you need to apologize. 

18 hours ago, section314 said:

FWIW …,was listening to Mock#2 on Movin the Chains. Kirwin now has Walker #1 edge guy and #2 on his board. Starting to get some mixed vibes on Hutchinson. Still thinks he’s good, but I think has him as #3 edge. BYW, he picked Sauce for us at#4, and traded up ti#6 and took Neal. Cost us #38.

How the hell did Walker move up the board so much? It cant just be the combine numbers because Boye Mafe has had similar test results and he’s still projected in the late first.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Guilty. As charged.

I definitely got caught up in the mentality of gotta get a WR for the Pack after losing Adams and MVS. I was dead set on WR with my first pick. Decided to move up a few slots to get the guy I think is a good fit for the Packers offense.

Pack had 12 picks. I gave up a late 3 to get my guy. Probably a bit reach, but I thought it was worth it given the need. I would not have double dipped the way Beerfiah did with Watson. Guy I would have taken had I kept the Pack is still on the board.

I still maintain for the Packers there is ZERO to apologize for your move.  The packers Wr room is worse than the jets and they are in win now mode.  Also when you research the team they have a few holes but nothing remotely as major as wr.  Also if you want to fix a position you can;t go all joe douglas and pick a mims and say 'we good'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

****TRADE****

The New York Jets and Baltimore Ravens have agreed on a trade.

The Jets trade pick #35 to the Ravens in exchange for pick #45 and pick #100

Ravens are on the clock.  Pick coming now

Hmmm. It will be interesting to see who you get at 45 & 100 vs. who was available at 35. 
I appreciate grabbing more picks if you mail 45

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Hmmm. It will be interesting to see who you get at 45 & 100 vs. who was available at 35. 
I appreciate grabbing more picks if you mail 45

I have an idea, a very good idea, if where I want to go, but we will see how it unfolds.

I anticipate most will think I should have taken Wyatt.

• Upvote 1

Pitre is the most versatile safety left.  He’s incredibly unique and might be every bit as versatile as Hamilton.

He might be a reach.  Might not.  I don’t watch tape, per se.  I won’t pretend I do.  I read guys I trust to fill in the many gaps I may have from just being an avid CFB watcher. The guys I trust have Pitre rated right around this area and in my opinion he has Saleh/Douglas guy written all over him.  High character.  High IQ.  Extremely versatile.

Im trying to draft on what I think the Jets will do and I think high RD 2 is a prime spot they will be looking for a safety, and I think he’s a better player and a better fit than say someone like Brisker

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Pitre is the most versatile safety left.  He’s incredibly unique and might be every bit as versatile as Hamilton.

He might be a reach.  Might not.  I don’t watch tape, per se.  I won’t pretend I do.  I read guys I trust to fill in the many gaps I may have from just being an avid CFB watcher. The guys I trust have Pitre rated right around this area and in my opinion he has Saleh/Douglas guy written all over him.  High character.  High IQ.  Extremely versatile.

Im trying to draft on what I think the Jets will do and I think high RD 2 is a prime spot they will be looking for a safety, and I think he’s a better player and a better fit than say someone like Brisker

I have drafted Pitre in about 90% of those mock draft simulators I’ve done with the Jets so far this year

• Upvote 1

I wanted to address the OL first for the Pats - where the most immediate need is on the interior. Ive read a lot of conflicting scouting reports, and I bought into the ones that project Raimann as a better fit at OG. 

Curious what you all think.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I wanted to address the OL first for the Pats - where the most immediate need is on the interior. Ive read a lot of conflicting scouting reports, and I bought into the ones that project Raimann as a better fit at OG. 

Curious what you all think.

Raimann is a good player or he was one until the senior bowl. I think he’s a smart mover in space and was bad in 1v1s at the senior bowl but good when given a line next to him. So yeah I think he’ll be fine at guard especially since he has short arms and can move well vertically.

• Sympathy 1