How do the Jets Win a Game/Bills

varjet

The Bills will be a quick one.  The Jets currently are totally outclassed on the field, in the locker room, in the coaches' booth and in the front office, by the Bills.  I don't see the Jets beating the Bills barring an end of season virtually forfeit or if the Bills are completely injury depleted.  So the question really is how can the Jets not get blown out by the Bills and not get completely beat up.  If the Bills can continue to draft players in the bottom 1/4 of each round while keeping Josh Allen healthy, this will be a long, bad run.  Cam Newton eventually burned out early-maybe that is what will happen here too given his size and physical style. 

Jets Offense:  The Bills have a great, physical defense.  They have great corners, so a better WR will not matter much.  The hope is that they can run against the Bills and control the ball.  

Next Steps:  OL depth (so the Ekwenu pick) and RB.  Hopefully Mims and Moore can stretch the field. 

Jets Defense:   The Jets need to be able to cover Stefon Diggs. I don't know how much a DPR helps against the Bills-you need to control Allen with a fast, strong LB.   They need to defend against the run.  

Next Steps: DL, LB and Secondary help.  

2022 Projection:  An almost certain 0-2.  But this is another example where the Jets need help at RB, CB, LB and DL to be competitive against this team.  I think we will continue to see this pattern-some type of WR help, but a better RB and defense will be more important for the Jets to win/be competitive in games. 

45 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The only way to beat the Bills is to hit Josh Allen and take him out of his rhythm. He is prone to mistakes and those will have to happen if the Jets want to win with chloroform.

FIFY!!

• Upvote 2

Plane crash?

Mass food poisoning.

Truck loads of prostitutes to give them all syphilis weeks before the Jets game.

Josh Allen gives Watson a massage and the scandal gets both thrown out of the league.

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

You lost me at 

"Hopefully Mims can stretch the field"

Hey, he can be a decoy running post and fly patterns just to maybe keep someone on the the opposing team occupied. There would be no chance he could catch the ball at that or any distance. Maybe if we make fun of him like this perhaps karma will occur and he will be better than what we have at least seen this past year, if he makes the team and is active in any or some games. He could not do worse then what we have seen. If injuries/sickness were the problem lets see if absent that he does any better.

5 hours ago, varjet said:

The Bills will be a quick one.  The Jets currently are totally outclassed on the field, in the locker room, in the coaches' booth and in the front office, by the Bills.  I don't see the Jets beating the Bills barring an end of season virtually forfeit or if the Bills are completely injury depleted.  So the question really is how can the Jets not get blown out by the Bills and not get completely beat up.  If the Bills can continue to draft players in the bottom 1/4 of each round while keeping Josh Allen healthy, this will be a long, bad run.  Cam Newton eventually burned out early-maybe that is what will happen here too given his size and physical style. 

Jets Offense:  The Bills have a great, physical defense.  They have great corners, so a better WR will not matter much.  The hope is that they can run against the Bills and control the ball.  

Next Steps:  OL depth (so the Ekwenu pick) and RB.  Hopefully Mims and Moore can stretch the field. 

Jets Defense:   The Jets need to be able to cover Stefon Diggs. I don't know how much a DPR helps against the Bills-you need to control Allen with a fast, strong LB.   They need to defend against the run.  

2022 Projection:  An almost certain 0-2.  But this is another example where the Jets need help at RB, CB, LB and DL to be competitive against this team.  I think we will continue to see this pattern-some type of WR help, but a better RB and defense will be more important for the Jets to win/be competitive in games. 

We need to build to beat teams and try to contend for the playoffs and not try to worry just about the teams in our division or the top team in the division. The last 2 games of the year we should have beaten the Bucs and had the Bills in a 3 point game into the 4th qtr. So, build on that with as you said more stress on the running game i.e Oline improvement, addition of say a big 220 lb back to go with MC, whatever additional help we can get at WR(We know the TE will or should be much improved and assist quite a bit, and of course build all levels of the D. D needs more help inside and outside on DL, another LB and any additional help we can get in the secondary. We really need to hit pretty big on at least 6 of the 9 draft picks to be competitive next year since that will help the weaknesses in the areas mentioned. 

I actually think that we match up better against the Bills than we do against the other two.  But the Bills are significantly more talented top to bottom than anyone else in the conference (and maybe the entire NFL now that Tyreek is gone and TB is getting older).

I think we can force a multiple turnover game against Josh Allen with Salehs system and maybe gut out a close, low scoring game.

It all depends on our problematic qb, and the light years of improvement he needs to have in order to compete at an NFl level.

score more points than the bills do.  pretty easy.  but really the way is to contain allen and then lock down diggs.  the other guys are good but they can't hurt as much as diggs can and they're easier to cover.  but the main thing is to still keep allen from running out of the pocket.

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

The good news is Stephon Diggs is tweeting like he is trying to get traded himself. So if that happens, it'll be a nice boost

If you read between the lines of that, he's already gone from Buffalo. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, varjet said:

Well I don't think I agree on this at all. I mean i don't know what to say here, but the other team being good doesn't mean cant win. You just have to win some plays not every play

Jets offense - they can have the best coroners in the league but an NFL offense can score. No one can beat the bills cause they have better corners? no man its called players make plays and coaching gives us a good game plan. Im sorry but this one is nuts to me. Then you talking about Mims stretching the field? what????!!! bro.  We have a better line than them does that mean they will lose cause they cant stop the run, your point just doesn't make sense.

Jets Def - Our whole def is predicated on the front getting home. again not sure which jets team you watch. Allen is great against the rush anyway but you give him less time for his players to get open and they have lost WR depth. I think we are ok here.

2022 Prediction??? 0-2 ??? I think we split them but we might lose both sure, but it will be closer games not blow outs. Sorry but this negative view you have makes buffalo out to be like supermen they are not. you get that we have much better CB room now rigth? That our RB is pretty darn good, We are competitive this year against buffalo and think we will be playing for a playoff spot toward the end of the season. 

Idk man, dont take this the wrong way but I feel like you don't know anything about the team and roster you are talking about. From we need better CB and LB to our WR's cant do anything.

• Upvote 2

Control game with the running attack, play good defense you will win more often than not and it doesn’t matter who you play, The Jets should have a dominant running game this year so that’s half the battle there and let’s face it the defense it has to be better than last year as it can’t get any worse.

Jets go 3-3 in division this year 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Control game with the running attack, play good defense you will win more often than not and it doesn’t matter who you play, The Jets should have a dominant running game this year so that’s half the battle there and let’s face it the defense it has to be better than last year as it can’t get any worse.

I agree with this.

The purpose of these treads is to focus on the draft on what players JD needs to actually put wins on the board.  BPA and value FAs are not necessarily going to put wins on the board.   To beat the actual teams that the Jets will play next season, the study thus far appears to conclude that we will need a better defense and a better running game.  

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

What kind of weed are you on? I’d like a hit as well. 

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

2022 Prediction??? 0-2 ??? I think we split them

There is no way our prepubescent QB is beating Josh Allen. Not this year.  

Kid was literally front row at a Justin Bieber concert. 

• Haha 1