Speculation: Will Jets make a run at DK Metcalf?.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

it's JD getting desperate in year 4 of 6 

turns out his grand plan to build through the draft is only when there's no pressure and when Woodrow is out of town

JD knows another suspect draft, another ZW 50% passing year, he's toast.

So you tell us hes trading and then rip him for your fantasy trade that hasnt even been hinted at by the Jets and most never will happen.   You've made up an entire situation, trade, desperation and that you can only draft when Woodys out of town?  What does that even mean?  

Talk about desperate.  I bet this, JD will be here longer than the year youre giving him

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

If this ever happened then the net of the Jamal trade was avt and dk. His drafts might still be suspect but jd would be considered a shark with trades.

He’s already a shark with respect to trades.

the Adams trade is one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history. The Darnold trade was also amazing. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If seattle wants a young qb, they need a receiver like dk.  You dont trade away a big, young target when u r about to draft a franchise qb.  This makes 0 sense and sounds made up.

Ummmmm doesn’t sound made up rather it sounds just like something stupid the Jets would’ve done years ago……

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dwight Englewood said:

What superstar?

"Mims is going to be a stud and he will get every snap at the #2 this year."

- @Joe W. Namath

"Denzel mims isnt coming off the field in any scenario barring an injury.  He is going to be a monster and our best receiver this year.  This is complete crazy talk. 

To think a guy who was a backup on Jax, who is on a 1 year deal would see any time over a complete stud like mims is crazy talk.  i wont even respond to it anymore it so ludicrous."

- @Joe W. Namath

"I think Denzel Mims will lead the team in catches, yards and tds. He is going to break out as an absolute superstar this year."

- @Joe W. Namath

-----------------------------------

Seems that word is used pretty lightly these days. This isn't exactly a credible intellect.

SUPERBOWL 2023!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

"Mims is going to be a stud and he will get every snap at the #2 this year."

- @Joe W. Namath

"Denzel mims isnt coming off the field in any scenario barring an injury.  He is going to be a monster and our best receiver this year.  This is complete crazy talk. 

To think a guy who was a backup on Jax, who is on a 1 year deal would see any time over a complete stud like mims is crazy talk.  i wont even respond to it anymore it so ludicrous."

- @Joe W. Namath

"I think Denzel Mims will lead the team in catches, yards and tds. He is going to break out as an absolute superstar this year."

- @Joe W. Namath

-----------------------------------

Seems that word is used pretty lightly these days. This isn't exactly a credible intellect.

SUPERBOWL 2023!

To be fair Moore had a ok rookie year statistically but so did Quinton Coples

1 minute ago, Dwight Englewood said:

To be fair Moore had a fair rookie year statistically but so did Quinton Coples

Moore was just coming on and really starting to figure things out before the injury.  

IMO, Moore is a lock to be a top WR.-If he can stay healthy, but that is a legit concern.  Throughout the year he had three separate injuries - one of which ended his season.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Moore was just coming on and really starting to figure things out before the injury.  

IMO, Moore is a lock to be a top WR.-If he can stay healthy, but that is a legit concern.  Throughout the year he had three separate injuries - one of which ended his season.

We’ll see what happens with Moore. He and Carter actually showed potential last year unlike Zach Wilson who looked like JP Losman 2.0

19 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Anyone saying “nO jOe KeEp Da PiCkS” need to really wake tf up!

yall would choose lotto tickets over the actual cash in your hand? Smfh 

The issue with Metcalfe is not that he is a beastly player it is potential character risk.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The issue with Metcalfe is not that he is a beastly player it is potential character risk.

While this is true - you need good players.  The Jets don't have many.  Sure, it's a risk, but IMO, one absolutely, positively worth taking.

#10 overall and $25mm a year - I do that without blinking an eye.

18 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Seahawks will want more than two second rounders for Metcalf considering he’s only 24.  My guess is we would have to give them back the tenth overall pick.

That’s fine with me

#35 and #38 together roughly equate to the 14th overall pick.

If we have to give up #10 for a 24 year old physical freak like Metcalf who is averaging 10 TD’s a year and has yet to miss a single game, then go ahead and do it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

While this is true - you need good players.  The Jets don't have many.  Sure, it's a risk, but IMO, one absolutely, positively worth taking.

#10 overall and $25mm a year - I do that without blinking an eye.

No problem there as long as people acknowledge it is indeed a risk.

• Upvote 1