Carolina “forced” to take a QB at 6

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Larz said:

If he’s admitting this publicly weeks before the draft I’m sure it’s true 

Drafting a rookie QB could buy the coach and gm another couple years maybe. Riding with Sam again could be a death sentence for both of them. Not that far fetched that they are absolutely in the market for a QB at 6

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

If he’s admitting this publicly weeks before the draft I’m sure it’s true 

It's funny people take things like this seriously lol.

Clearly they are trying to scare another team to jump them and take a QB in front of them, forcing a player they actually want to possibly slide to them. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Drafting a rookie QB could buy the coach and gm another couple years maybe. Riding with Sam again could be a death sentence for both of them. Not that far fetched that they are absolutely in the market for a QB at 6

They should just sign Newton, Jamarques Russell and Tim Couch and rotate them with Darnold every quarter. Go 0-17 and take Bryce Young next year. 

48 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

How that plan work out in Chicago? 

Not sure Mike White alone gets that done but throw in another draft pick or two and maybe. 

#6 for Mike White and our 4th rounder. Go up to our 3rd or even our 2nd, if absolutely necessary, this is playing with house money.

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

It's funny people take things like this seriously lol.

Clearly they are trying to scare another team to jump them and take a QB in front of them, forcing a player they actually want to possibly slide to them. 

Or maybe that’s what they want people to think and are in fact taking a QB, but trying to throw people off the trail by actually saying it, making people think they are bluffing when they aren’t

6B3AFE36-8D13-4C69-8758-2C9048F87F78.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

GM talking like this seems to make pick 4 very valuable for a trade out. Imagine we get another 1st next year to move down 2 spots 

If you trade out of top 5 it's automatic 2 first rounders if not another. This year, next year at a minimum. But after that lance trade for SF least year you could be looking at 3 firsts. And as much as that might seem crappy to lose the 4th pick this year I take it all day. I don't hink we should trade down but two or three draft picks plus maybe some others sign me up

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If you trade out of top 5 it's automatic 2 first rounders if not another. This year, next year at a minimum. But after that lance trade for SF least year you could be looking at 3 firsts. And as much as that might seem crappy to lose the 4th pick this year I take it all day. I don't hink we should trade down but two or three draft picks plus maybe some others sign me up

I think the Steelers will present the best offer, at minimum looking at 1, 2, 3, 1, 3 + Claypool

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think the Steelers will present the best offer, at minimum looking at 1, 2, 3, 1, 3 + Claypool

#20,52,84 this year still leaves them 138,208 ,225 and 241 to find some OL help. 1st and 2nd next year. I don’t see Claypool thrown in. They may trade him in separate deal to acquire picks however. 

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

GM talking like this seems to make pick 4 very valuable for a trade out. Imagine we get another 1st next year to move down 2 spots 

Everyone knows the top 3 in this draft will be Edge or OL. The Jets are not taking a QB. That leaves the Giants. I think it's  possible but doubtful. They have so many holes, I doubt  a rookie QB is the way they go. Probably will take an OL. Pick six is safe to take the QB of their choice. 

• Sympathy 1