Carolina “forced” to take a QB at 6

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Now we both know that I meant he never regressed when he got to the pros....

But carryon..

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Yes. I was just kidding.  But He did actually regress from year two to year three. 
He was.a better QB in his second year than he was told in his third. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Now we both know that I meant he never regressed when he got to the pros....

But carryon..

not to keep this going, but I do know what you meant and you were wrong. He did not simply just make the same mistakes in the pros as you suggest. He actually did a lot of good things and was progressing with his reads footwork, decision making all great things by the end of rookie season. And that was while using a very limited system and roster. Put up some great plays sure, but better games. When he regressed in the 2nd year he literally wasn't able to do what he did before because of the terrible coaching, the terrible line play. His potential was ruined he learned to expect hits, he was not able to be divisive in throws etc. Hell his footwork got worse. This fantasy land you and a few others that somehow darnold stunk the whole time is BS.

He was on the right path with his coaching in season one - albeit a rough season - then was shot the with the following seasons. Just cause he wasn't able to overcome it all and progress like maybe other players in similar position have done, many - like him - do not. He was ruined, it was not all his fault. There is no arguing against this unless you just magically ignore his rookie season.

But carryon.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Wait, really? Why do I have no recollection of Kellen Clemens ever being good?

Because he wasn’t. He had a crazy strong arm, and given enough chances and experience - he had a 12-year NFL career - he could occasionally put it to good use. 

A .150 hitter sucks, but he can hit. Just not often enough, is all. But he’s 3x better than some .050 hitter. i.e. apply that .150:.050 analogy to Clemens and Bryce Petty.

Suck is relative, not absolute. Except absolute zero Hackenberg, the 0 degrees kelvin of NFL QBs. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Because he wasn’t. He had a crazy strong arm, and given enough chances and experience - he had a 12-year NFL career - he could occasionally put it to good use. 

A .150 hitter sucks, but he can hit. Just not often enough, is all. But he’s 3x better than some .050 hitter. i.e. apply that .150:.050 analogy to Clemens and Bryce Petty.

Suck is relative, not absolute. Except absolute zero Hackenberg, the 0 degrees kelvin of NFL QBs. 

I mean I know he sucked I just don't remember his referenced good games.

not to keep this going, but I do know what you meant and you were wrong. He did not simply just make the same mistakes in the pros as you suggest. He actually did a lot of good things and was progressing with his reads footwork, decision making all great things by the end of rookie season. And that was while using a very limited system and roster. Put up some great plays sure, but better games. When he regressed in the 2nd year he literally wasn't able to do what he did before because of the terrible coaching, the terrible line play. His potential was ruined he learned to expect hits, he was not able to be divisive in throws etc. Hell his footwork got worse. This fantasy land you and a few others that somehow darnold stunk the whole time is BS.
He was on the right path with his coaching in season one - albeit a rough season - then was shot the with the following seasons. Just cause he wasn't able to overcome it all and progress like maybe other players in similar position have done, many - like him - do not. He was ruined, it was not all his fault. There is no arguing against this unless you just magically ignore his rookie season.
But carryon.

Lol you can keep carrying that torch for your lost love but he was never going to be what some of you built him up to be in your own heads.

Even now you still blame anything and everything other than the fact that he just didn't have it.

WOW

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Lol you can keep carrying that torch for your lost love but he was never going to be what some of you built him up to be in your own heads.

Even now you still blame anything and everything other than the fact that he just didn't have it.

WOW

I fully admit I had high hopes for the kid but when he went to panthers it was apparent he was done. He could have been done in one season of Gase but who knkws. All I do know is pretendinf he was bad from the start is not accurate. That's all I'm saying. He had promise and shower it as a rookie.