Bruce Arians Retires, Bowles In At HC

Grandy

Bowles was a horrific, emotionless, boring, coach who ruined our best chance at the playoffs in the last decade and subsequently gutted this team of all entertainment value for a number of years.  His teams were lifeless, boring, and ill prepared.

Any success Tampa has will be due to a talent rich team with a cheating QB who has a different set of rules than anyone else.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re probably right, and that’s how a good HC should look out for his right hand man in this type of situation.

And since Bowles isn’t a scumbag, I don’t expect him to get to the podium tomorrow and say that he’s retiring as HC of the TBB.

• Post of the Week 2

Bowles was a horrific, emotionless, boring, coach who ruined our best chance at the playoffs in the last decade and subsequently gutted this team of all entertainment value for a number of years.  His teams were lifeless, boring, and ill prepared.
Any success Tampa has will be due to a talent rich team with a cheating QB who has a different set of rules than anyone else.

Those ‘16 Jets were maybe the most unlikable Jets team in franchise history. Leader of men Bowles totally lost the locker room. Should have been fired then. There’s no coming back from that as a coach.
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re probably right, and that’s how a good HC should look out for his right hand man in this type of situation.

Bowles deserves another shot, and I’m happy to see him get it with a good team.

Me too.... He was NOT the problem here per se. HE KNEW we had no talent, Mac was a bum and he towed the company line.

If he fails, oh well, I think he willbe at least, a good HC.

• Upvote 1

i think bowles will do well.  he started with a decent jet team but then couldn't win once it started to break down and mac failed to bring in good players.  arians was no spring chicken but you have to wonder if this the tampa management suddenly making a woke decision. 

7 hours ago, Pac said:

^^Maccagnan’s stan

• Haha 4

It was only a matter of time, though surprised Arians did this after the news of Brady returning.

I do wonder how much Brady will outweigh Bowles in situations.  Bowles once said that it was easier to pick up an onside kick than it was to convert a 4th and 7.  Maybe it was because his QB was Bryce Geno Fitzpatrick but I would certainly think that wont fly with Brady.  That said, they'll win 13 games either way and that's awesome for Todd Bowles.  I think he has some misguided decisions and principles as a HC but it was his first time in the position and I'd be curious to see how the presence of HOF QB changes his approach to the game.  While his mentors philosophy "is no risk it, no biscuit", his was 100%, just dont lose the game.  

22 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It was only a matter of time, though surprised Arians did this after the news of Brady returning.

Arians didn't want to drop Bowles into a situation where he starts a rookie / journeyman QB after years of success and become the fall guy. Brady coming back makes for a far easier transition situation.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, TinFoil said:

Bowels is a great defensive coordinator. Will never be anything More.

Saleh was a mediocre defensive coordinator and so far has destroyed Zach, Mims and Becton.   So far as bad as Bowles was as the Jets HC, he was the better than both Gase and Saleh.  

• Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Ban what. It’s a statement from the nfl. I didn’t say it. It is what it is. Truth

In your defense, here in Charlotte when Tepper came in, a whole change of management was made and I can tell you 1st hand as I know many people who work for the organization, that the NFL policy is being pushed down on the teams.  I am agnostic to it, just reporting facts.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still think he ends up on SF next year (though Miami is probably also in play).

I seriously doubt at his age he want to move himself and family accross the country to play for a team ranked 3 in their division.  Tampa was a np brainer, they had a clear path to at least the playoffs and that would be at least three years earlier

9 hours ago, Pac said:

Dan Campbell for the mf win !

he punted more than he should have but that’s likely because he didn’t trust his Qb

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

gotta believe he isnt happy he didnt get the job.  I would have thought he was a shoe in for it.  

I would think that Leftwhich knew there was little chance that he would get the Tampa gig over Bowles.

Especially if Arians had any input

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Arians didn't want to drop Bowles into a situation where he starts a rookie / journeyman QB after years of success and become the fall guy. Brady coming back makes for a far easier transition situation.

I don’t know if this is true, but definitely sounds plausible. And if it is true, I’m an even bigger fan of BA than I already was 

1 hour ago, sec143dmf said:

Ban what. It’s a statement from the nfl. I didn’t say it. It is what it is. Truth

The NFL didnt repost trash out of a rag like the Washington Examiner

I would expect a banning for reposting this racist trash

• Upvote 1