PFF Bet: 2022-23 NY Jets record

Bronx

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Six wins or less will be a direct indictment of the Zach Wilson pick, 

They've left it so it can't be anything but.

They could have gotten a Bridgewater or Taylor to help evaluate the rest of the roster but they've put all their hopes in a guy who was as bad as it gets last year. And we all know they fear Mike White so that's not happening. 

• Sympathy 1

Best case they win 5 games but I believe 2-4 wins again is coming . the afc is stacked and the jets roster simply is worse than most of the other teams 

This should be the year the jets get to 8 wins based on the timeline and the draft capital the jets have . At some point Joe”s team has to turn patience and hope to actually winning 

I already know joe apologists will say joe some how is doing great and it is year one again in his re build 

I'm not expecting much. Usually ,no matter what ,I'm optimistic. I like the moves and I know we draft high and often, but this year seem like more of the same or even less. 3 wins. They win a close one in the opener to get everyone hyped, and then maybe sneak up on two really good teams that already have a W marked on their schedule. The rest of the season, a dismal mess. Hope I'm wrong, but this franchise has to prove it to me first.

38 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I’m looking forward to half the board claiming Douglas should win executive of the year after the team wins 5 games.

If the Jets only have 5 wins, all he'll win is a new seat ... one which is much, much hotter than the one he currently owns. ;-)  

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets have only won more than 5 games once since 2015 and the AFC has more talent than maybe ever. 

That's a pretty good point there. Jets still have some pretty easy teams on the schedule

image.thumb.png.5f6448e217456ad5fb16cf699546f63f.png

I think they can beat the Dolphins once, but I don't really know how good those guys are yet. We're playing the Jags, Bears, Lions at home. There's 5 games I think the Jets should have a bottom line expectation to win (Except possibly the Phins at home). Then there's teams like the Browns (Who I'm pretty sure we would lose to but not 100%. Probably should have made them a red x), the Steelers (Who have Mitch Trubisky at QB and only one WR with Claypool), and the Vikings (Who have been mediocre since 2017).

So 5.5 is reasonable, but I think the Jets should win more games than that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

They've left it so it can't be anything but.

They could have gotten a Bridgewater or Taylor to help evaluate the rest of the roster but they've put all their hopes in a guy who was as bad as it gets last year. And we all know they fear Mike White so that's not happening. 

Still on the Mike White conspiracy trail.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets have only won more than 5 games once since 2015 and the AFC has more talent than maybe ever. 

We have more talent on the roster than a year ago.  We still have a draft to go, will pick up help at WR and EDGE.  I think we go into the season knowing the OL will be good, last season we had no idea.  We actually have a TE.  Players we lost to injury may actually be of help.  I think the Pats have taken a step back and still dont have an OC or a DC.  Who knows if the CS in Miami will be as good as what Flores and crew brought to Miami

This is why you dont go too far out on a limb making predictions in March.  Especially being afraid of teams you have no idea about yet

Joe was handed a 7 win team and the team won 6 combined the following two years-at some point u need to win games and lots of them and be competitive vs your own division.

If the Jets cant win5 games this year send joe packing-  6-8 games keep him around and let him run it back another year-progress is what is needed regression from bad is not acceptable

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We have more talent on the roster than a year ago.  We still have a draft to go, will pick up help at WR and EDGE.  I think we go into the season knowing the OL will be good, last season we had no idea.  We actually have a TE.  Players we lost to injury may actually be of help.  I think the Pats have taken a step back and still dont have an OC or a DC.  Who knows if the CS in Miami will be as good as what Flores and crew brought to Miami

This is why you dont go too far out on a limb making predictions in March.  Especially being afraid of teams you have no idea about yet

our roster is better but so is the roster of the bills pats and dolphins bills and fins in particular .

I get having hope as that is all we have right now but optimism and patience only goes so far

I think that the over is easy money. The Jets would’ve beat that number this past season if they could’ve stayed remotely healthy. So getting healthy means we’re already better, then you add in the free agency haul and upcoming picks.

7 wins would’ve been a tougher number