PFF Bet: 2022-23 NY Jets record

Bronx

Last year we were a horrible NFL team.  Crappy is the next logical step in the rebuild followed by mediocre, decent, good, very good, championship.   7 and 10 is a clasic crappy NFL team.  I'm going with the over.  Thank you Joe Douglas.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

At this point I would bet the house on over 5.5. Usually i'll admit i'm blindly optimistic every offseason, but this just seems ridiculous!

Oh ye of little faith...they can suck the life out of any season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

Oh ye of little faith...they can suck the life out of any season.

True, but if we can't get 6 wins this season, then Douglas may have to be gone. its been 12 seasons since the playoffs, and only one of those seasons were we even close to making the playoffs (2015). This fanbase if starving for semi-competent football. I want to play meaningful games past the first week of November for once. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

anyone who takes the over is out of his mind

The Jets with a roster equaling maybe the Wagner Football program won 4 games in 2021. 

You are saying they are not capable of winning 2 more games this year? 

If so thats a stunning indictment on Wilson and this entire rebuild. 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

The Jets with a roster equaling maybe the Wagner Football program won 4 games in 2021. 

You are saying they are not capable of winning 2 more games this year? 

If so thats a stunning indictment on Wilson and this entire rebuild. 

So how much are you betting on that over?   Let's see.  I wouldn't touch it this year after what we saw last year.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So how much are you betting on that over?   Let's see.  I wouldn't touch it this year after what we saw last year.

Personally, yes I think we can win 6 games. This teams basement number should be 8 wins in a 17 game season or we are not "on pace" as we are supposed to be with this rebuild. 

The Bengals won 4 games in 2020

This year is huge for Joe Douglas and the Jets. They can’t lose this bet. I’ve been saying all along that they need to avoid double-digit losses this season. I think they feel the pressure, too. 

The WR misses are in our collective recency bias, but JD did good work shoring up the secondary, the OL, and revamping the TE room. He added a situational pass rusher. Last year the team played better, Zach included, even as the more players made their way to the infirmary. They need to build on that. The difference will be how much JD’s two biggest decisions so far, Saleh and Wilson, improve next season. 

Jets have last year’s big ticket free agents, Lawson and Corey Davis, coming back. Still have four picks in the top 40 to make. There may still be a trade in the works for another WR. Who knows? 

I don’t know if it’s quite make or break yet because I don’t know where the line will be for the Johnsons in order to start firing people or demanding a new QB, but it’s close. Another 10 or more loss season certainly puts everyone on the hot seat in 2023 at a bare minimum, and I’m sure they’d all like to avoid that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

i was more optimistic before the AFC got 2 elite QBs who we happen to play.

and the play should have been for Watson. he didnt want Clev either until they threw tons of money at him. we are seriously outgunned at QB compared to the rest of the league.

i like Zach but that was the play, not getting Hill. so yeah 5 -6 wins sounds about right.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slats said:

This year is huge for Joe Douglas and the Jets. They can’t lose this bet. I’ve been saying all along that they need to avoid double-digit losses this season. I think they feel the pressure, too. 

The WR misses are in our collective recency bias, but JD did good work shoring up the secondary, the OL, and revamping the TE room. He added a situational pass rusher. Last year the team played better, Zach included, even as the more players made their way to the infirmary. They need to build on that. The difference will be how much JD’s two biggest decisions so far, Saleh and Wilson, improve next season. 

Jets have last year’s big ticket free agents, Lawson and Corey Davis, coming back. Still have four picks in the top 40 to make. There may still be a trade in the works for another WR. Who knows? 

I don’t know if it’s quite make or break yet because I don’t know where the line will be for the Johnsons in order to start firing people or demanding a new QB, but it’s close. Another 10 or more loss season certainly puts everyone on the hot seat in 2023 at a bare minimum, and I’m sure they’d all like to avoid that. 

I think you sum it be nicely. Although I still think they need more weapons, they may still add them via draft and late FA deals. 

There is really no excuse to lose this bet, that would make the jets 5-12 at best this year? Yikes.....

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

our roster is better but so is the roster of the bills pats and dolphins bills and fins in particular .

I get having hope as that is all we have right now but optimism and patience only goes so far

Who cares?  How many wins did we get against the Bills, Pats and fish a year ago? 0

And the Pats don’t strike me as improved. Fish have a new staff, who knows.  

12 minutes ago, slats said:

I think they need a minimum of 7-8 wins with Wilson playing competently (basically, double their wins again)- so right in the ballpark of avoiding double digit losses, as you are saying. 

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think they need a minimum of 7-8 wins with Wilson playing competently (basically, double their wins again)- so right in the ballpark of avoiding double digit losses, as you are saying. 

If they only get to 7 wins, I’m really hoping for a tie along the way. :) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hex said:

That's a pretty good point there. Jets still have some pretty easy teams on the schedule

image.thumb.png.5f6448e217456ad5fb16cf699546f63f.png

I think they can beat the Dolphins once, but I don't really know how good those guys are yet. We're playing the Jags, Bears, Lions at home. There's 5 games I think the Jets should have a bottom line expectation to win (Except possibly the Phins at home). Then there's teams like the Browns (Who I'm pretty sure we would lose to but not 100%. Probably should have made them a red x), the Steelers (Who have Mitch Trubisky at QB and only one WR with Claypool), and the Vikings (Who have been mediocre since 2017).

So 5.5 is reasonable, but I think the Jets should win more games than that.

Looking at that .... I see 6 wins. I don't think the Jets will beat the Dolphins twice, the Vikings in Minnesota, no chance of beating Watson and the Browns in Cleveland, and I think the Jets will drop a game to either Jax, Chicago or Detroit. 

Douglas should probably be fired if the team goes 6-11, but he won't be. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hex said:

That's a pretty good point there. Jets still have some pretty easy teams on the schedule

I think they can beat the Dolphins once, but I don't really know how good those guys are yet. We're playing the Jags, Bears, Lions at home. There's 5 games I think the Jets should have a bottom line expectation to win (Except possibly the Phins at home). Then there's teams like the Browns (Who I'm pretty sure we would lose to but not 100%. Probably should have made them a red x), the Steelers (Who have Mitch Trubisky at QB and only one WR with Claypool), and the Vikings (Who have been mediocre since 2017).

the schedule is brutal - they've only gotten like 2-4% better in Free agency 

they haven't won a division game in 3 years 

the Seattle game is a 3000 mile plus road trip 

it could be 4 games again you guys 

3 hours ago, slats said:

The WR misses are in our collective recency bias, but JD did good work shoring up the secondary, the OL, and revamping the TE room. He added a situational pass rusher. 

the move here is to bet the under and if the Jets win 6 or more you "bought" yourself a better season 

aka the emotional hedge 

patent pending

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hex said:

Totally agree.  I think 6 wins is realistic.

• Upvote 1