JetNation 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Profile: Kavyon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon

JetNation

4 hours ago, DTereman said:

No, they won't. Jets are HIGHLY unlikley to move from 4, whether up or back. They will like 4 people enough to stay put and take who falls to them. Walker is very green in terms of his pass rush plan, but his athletic numbers are obviously impressive. If he's there at 4, I could see it, but certainly not worth trading up from 4 to get.

Bryan Thomas potential

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Didn’t run at the Pro Day, didn’t jump because he said he was trying to avoid injury, did positional drills, and told everyone with a mic that he loves football, really. I wouldn’t draft this guy. This is a dude who misses six weeks with a hamstring pull. 

Why would he run again?  His 40 and his 10 yard at the combine was more than fine.. lol yall really be trying to make everything in something. You know how many players aren’t repeating workouts they already did. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Proof other than to just say he is?

Any reason anyone would take Karlaftis over him?  You could get Mafe in the 2nd

Dude clearly youve read the interviews and saw the tv piece. If he spoke like I wanted id be giddy for him. 

I dont like what he says. I dont like prima donnas. It may not bother you, but its a big negative for me.

Id like to double dip. Karlaftis or j johnson plus say Mafe, Eiktbe, (idk the spelling) kinsley, gunther …..seems safer

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Dude clearly youve read the interviews and saw the tv piece. If he spoke like I wanted id be giddy for him. 

I dont like what he says. I dont like prima donnas. It may not bother you, but its a big negative for me.

Id like to double dip. Karlaftis or j johnson plus say Mafe, Eiktbe, (idk the spelling) kinsley, gunther …..seems safer

So it’s what you interpret from an interview.  And decided he’s a head case when he has no history of being a head case.  What did he say that makes him a head case?  

No one has ever talked about him having issues, not a coach, not a teammate. 

5 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Why would he run again?  His 40 and his 10 yard at the combine was more than fine.. lol yall really be trying to make everything in something. You know how many players aren’t repeating workouts they already did. 

Has he even deigned to run the three cone or put a vertical on the record? I’m not seeing it anywhere. Similar to Quinnen Williams, who avoided those tests, got drafted at 3, and moves like a slug

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Has he even deigned to run the three cone or put a vertical on the record? I’m not seeing it anywhere. Similar to Quinnen Williams, who avoided those tests, got drafted at 3, and moves like a slug

He did a 3 cone .. no vert tho

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So it’s what you interpret from an interview.  And decided he’s a head case when he has no history of being a head case.  What did he say that makes him a head case?  

To be fair, nobody from LSU said a bad word about Jamal Adams character either in the pre-draft process... and KT has a similar style in interviews.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

To be fair, nobody from LSU said a bad word about Jamal Adams character either in the pre-draft process... and KT has a similar style in interviews.

So now every player who hasn’t had a bad word about his character brought up is a concern, or worse a bad character?  There isnt any logic to this 

• Upvote 1

No, they won't. Jets are HIGHLY unlikley to move from 4, whether up or back. They will like 4 people enough to stay put and take who falls to them. Walker is very green in terms of his pass rush plan, but his athletic numbers are obviously impressive. If he's there at 4, I could see it, but certainly not worth trading up from 4 to get.

Walker has 9.5 career sacks in three years of college play. The production simply is not there. Drafting him at 4 due to a great combine would be a grave error, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Big difference in their demeanor. 

KT is all business on and off the field, but off the field happens to be about his brand. 

Jamal dances, jumps on piles late, celebrates like he made the play, and then blames his teammates for losing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They are biased. Even zach supports mims

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I commented on your dragging of Jamal into this.  That he seemed OK went bad so....

Yea I'm saying KT has a similar demeanor to Jamal and we should be wary. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Big difference in their demeanor. 

KT is all business on and off the field, but off the field happens to be about his brand. 

Jamal dances, jumps on piles late, celebrates like he made the play, and then blames his teammates for losing. 

I feel like Jamal's downfall was his pride. He believed himself to be far better than he was and told anyone and everyone how great he was. 

I'm not denying that a lot of this is speculative and based on a small sample size of interviews, but I definitely think it's fair considering we just went through this with Jamal Adams and we're placing a heavy emphasis on culture building.

Clearly he's got talent and plays a far more important position, but it wouldn't be shocking at all, for me at least, if we passed on the guy.

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Yea I'm saying KT has a similar demeanor to Jamal and we should be wary. 

Now you've completely changed your point.  You said no one said Jamal was a bad seed and turned into one therefore KT being a good guy in college means we should worry.

Not really good use of logic here. LOL

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now you've completely changed your point.  You said no one said Jamal was a bad seed and turned into one therefore KT being a good guy in college means we should worry.

I said;

"To be fair, nobody from LSU said a bad word about Jamal Adams character either in the pre-draft process... and KT has a similar style in interviews."

And then - 

"It's unfair to notice that a prospect comes off as conceited in interviews?"

And then - 

"Yea I'm saying KT has a similar demeanor to Jamal and we should be wary."

Where did I 'change points' or abandon logic? 

And to me at least, if I were arguing the other side, the easiest response to someone comparing KT to Jamal would be - "If Jamal was an edge rusher instead of a box safety, I'd be far more lenient in putting up with the delusions of grandeur."

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Good use of logic?

Do you not realize that you are arguing about personal opinions?

His red flags dont bother you. Thats fine…… you are entitled to your opinion

Others dont have to agree with you or engage in a silly debate

8 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I said;

"To be fair, nobody from LSU said a bad word about Jamal Adams character either in the pre-draft process... and KT has a similar style in interviews."

And then - 

"It's unfair to notice that a prospect comes off as conceited in interviews?"

And then - 

"Yea I'm saying KT has a similar demeanor to Jamal and we should be wary."

Where did I 'change points' or abandon logic? 

And to me at least, if I were arguing the other side, the easiest response to someone comparing KT to Jamal would be - "If Jamal was an edge rusher instead of a box safety, I'd be far more lenient in putting up with the delusions of grandeur."

Dude hush only jet nut can have an opinion. 

On 4/3/2022 at 2:05 AM, dbatesman said:

He absolutely did not have an “excellent” three cone. His jumps were fine but if you run them through the formula he doesn’t hit the number. 

Formula lol.  If any such formulas ever existed guys like Courtney Brown, Vernon Gholston and Dion Jordan would never happen 

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

KT is exactly the type of dude that finds playing for the Jets not what he expected and shoots his way out of town. How does everyone not see that? He played at half speed last year to protect his ankle. He's Mr business decision 

And also the inevitable skipping mini camp, OTa’s, off and on training camp and then we get to argue amongst ourselves about why even care. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

And also the inevitable skipping mini camp, OTa’s, off and on training camp and then we get to argue amongst ourselves about why even care. 

Peak Jets is using the 4 pick on KT, then JD deals him for like a 2nd Rd pick in year 3 and we all talk about what a great trade that was and the cycle begins again