Zach Wilson continues traveling around country to work with his WRs, defends Denzel Mims

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Wilson may end up being like the rest of the Jets QB busts but it won’t be from lack of desire for the game or effort.

Not knocking your point, but the same was said about Sanchez organizing “Jets West” in the off-season.

Obviously better for him to be working out with these guys than not, but he does need to take a big year 2 leap this year.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Flightattendant said:

I forget but did.darnold do this or did he jet back to SoCal once his locker was cleaned out?

Darnold worked with an offseason coach (Jordan Palmer) and got players together. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ny-jets-sam-darnold-workout-wide-receivers

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29287562/sam-darnold-jets-teammates-hold-informal-workout-miami

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I have no idea what these tweets mean.  Is Zach saying Mims is there? Is he saying that's only working out with the short WR's and why he is calling them a "small group"?    

I can weigh in on this as I deal with younger children on the regular.  Small means not big.. Used as "yo bro youre smalllllllll". Generally referring to height or more commonly muscle size. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Not knocking your point, but the same was said about Sanchez organizing “Jets West” in the off-season.

Obviously better for him to be working out with these guys than not, but he does need to take a big year 2 leap this year.

Agree with this -- generally effort/attitude/work ethic haven't been the issue with most of our QBs (sans Geno.)

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I can weigh in on this as I deal with younger children on the regular.  Small means not big.. Used as "yo bro youre smalllllllll". Generally referring to height or more commonly muscle size. 

hmmm, so, a compliment by saying Mims is big and strong but also kind of a dig because he aint with the crew.

26 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I have no idea what these tweets mean.  Is Zach saying Mims is there? Is he saying that's only working out with the short WR's and why he is calling them a "small group"?    

The workouts - which Mims doesn't need to be a part of obviously.

Episode 15: Big Little Man – Here's The Story: Every Episode of The Brady  Bunch Reviewed

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree with this -- generally effort/attitude/work ethic haven't been the issue with most of our QBs (sans Geno.)

Geno probably had (and has) a better work ethic than Sanchez ever had. Mark was a goofball. 

Work does not seem to be the issue with Zach. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Meh, he’s letting you know that, despite what this board and Twitter have to say about it, Mims is still a part of the team. 

Used to be that WRs would take two or three years to develop. This young man has all the physical gifts to be great, it’s up to him. It’s a shame that so many Jet fans have decided to root against him (and Becton) rather than root for the players on their so-called favorite team. I’m rooting for him. 

Oh, I would love to see him wake up but apparently the CS would rather use Barrios than Mims which is really startling. Mims is a rare combo of size and speed. I would love to see him running jet sweeps over Barrios only because he would be harder to tackle. There is a reason the CS is using Barrios over him. Like I said, would love to see him contribute but it doesn't  seem likely.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh, I would love to see him wake up but apparently the CS would rather use Barrios than Mims which is really startling. Mims is a rare combo of size and speed. I would love to see him running jet sweeps over Barrios only because he would be harder to tackle. There is a reason the CS is using Barrios over him. Like I said, would love to see him contribute but it doesn't  seem likely.  

He’s still on the roster for a reason. Berrios is getting the work because he’s doing the work, not because anyone sees him as the potential X that Mims can be. Mims has had probably too many setbacks. This is probably his real last shot. Hopefully he’s feeling motivated. Good to see him taking part in these things. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slats said:

Meh, he’s letting you know that, despite what this board and Twitter have to say about it, Mims is still a part of the team. 

Used to be that WRs would take two or three years to develop. This young man has all the physical gifts to be great, it’s up to him. It’s a shame that so many Jet fans have decided to root against him (and Becton) rather than root for the players on their so-called favorite team. I’m rooting for him. 

Mim’s dropped that Mike White pass in the end zone and I felt betrayed. Haha, but I’m ready when he is. 

Becton? One of his biggest critics but as of now I’m taking the wait and see with him. I would happily eat my crow Twice fired Korean style, ask for seconds and thirds… as well. 

The constant bashing of the kid has warn me out honestly, as a Dad with boys that age, in my heart I hope he gets it if he really wants it and is willing to work for it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

10 minutes ago, slats said:

He’s still on the roster for a reason. Berrios is getting the work because he’s doing the work, not because anyone sees him as the potential X that Mims can be. Mims has had probably too many setbacks. This is probably his real last shot. Hopefully he’s feeling motivated. Good to see him taking part in these things. 

Saleh has talked about Mims health issues as contributing to his set backs and slow development.   Has said the Jets won’t give up on him because he has too much talent.  He needs to show that this confidence in his talent is on point now though. 

23 minutes ago, slats said:

Mims is still there b/c douglas didn’t get good trade offers before the deadline last season.  I think his grace period of being a 2nd rounder has worn off and douglas would be happy to take what he can get come training camp.

41 minutes ago, slats said:

Well said.