Zach Wilson continues traveling around country to work with his WRs, defends Denzel Mims

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is less about football and more about Zach trying to show his receivers that he’s not just a sheltered boy-band puke from Utah. Corey Davis will take him out to a club, have him pound a bunch of shots, and then make him **** a thicc stripper named “Cinammon” in the back of an Escalade at 4:30 in the morning. If Zach does it, the team can move forward with him. If he refuses, they’re sending him back to Provo with a box of Saltines under each arm. This is called “bonding.”

You now owe me 2 orange juices.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is less about football and more about Zach trying to show his receivers that he’s not just a sheltered boy-band puke from Utah. Corey Davis will take him out to a club, have him pound a bunch of shots, and then make him **** a thicc stripper named “Cinammon” in the back of an Escalade at 4:30 in the morning. If Zach does it, the team can move forward with him. If he refuses, they’re sending him back to Provo with a box of Saltines under each arm. This is called “bonding.”

lol I just pictured that South Park episode where one of the dads gets COVID by f***ing some monkey or something in China after getting high on drugs. Lets go Zachey boy!

23 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

I wouldn't call it meaningless. They can work on timing and stuff like back shoulder throws and get on the same page on what they expect each other to do in certain situations eg when a play breaks down go this way and I'll go that way.

I, for one, love to see it.

I would rather Zach got together with our best defenders and asked them to throw every disguised plays against him.  Show hiom every trick they have.  Yeah, timing is something.  But not that much when the QB doesn't have a rush going at him.

3 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

I wouldn't call it meaningless. They can work on timing and stuff like back shoulder throws and get on the same page on what they expect each other to do in certain situations eg when a play breaks down go this way and I'll go that way.

I, for one, love to see it.

Sam used to do this out in Cali.

They said he was dropping’ dimes out there. ?

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I was hoping we'd hear that Fant had been extended this offseason.  Add two years to the guy's deal.  He's earned it and he can play both LT and RT.  That would really go a long way to giving the Jets some visibility into the 2023 season and let me chillax a little with the growing uneasiness I have about our OT situation. lol

I feel like I'm a bit on an island here on JN but I'd say there's a solid 45% chance the Jets draft Ekwonu at #4, get him on a rookie contract which lets them decide whether they can let Fant walk after 2022 assuming Becton holds up and plays something like 15 to 17 games.

The fact that the Jets only have one somewhat unreliable (although incredibly talented) OT under contract for 2023 in Becton tells me they are wide open to OT early in this Draft.  The fact that they haven't extended Fant also adds to the idea they're leaving that option open to draft a starting OT.  It could also be the case that one of the first moves JD makes after the draft IF the Jets don't draft an OT in the first few rounds is to extend George Fant.  In other words, the Jets seem to have some optionality here and are maybe trying to be flexible.

I like your idea but I am set o. Wanting a pass rusher with 4 and Wr qt 10 or trade back

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I like your idea but I am set o. Wanting a pass rusher with 4 and Wr qt 10 or trade back

Completely get it.  I really do.  I want an Edge rusher and WR1 badly.

But the thing I want to prevent is the Jets heading into 2023 with no OTs....or just one.  I'm really hoping that Becton works out.  I'm really hoping that Fant gets extended.

Spoiler Alert:  If both of those things don't happen then the Jets are looking down the barrel of overpaying for an OT in free agency next year or being forced to draft one early.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Completely get it.  I really do.  I want an Edge rusher and WR1 badly.

But the thing I want to prevent is the Jets heading into 2023 with no OTs....or just one.  I'm really hoping that Becton works out.  I'm really hoping that Fant gets extended.

Spoiler Alert:  If both of those things don't happen then the Jets are looking down the barrel of overpaying for an OT in free agency next year or being forced to draft one early.

Well don't forget you don't need all first rounder too have depth and good line. We started from terrible so it made sense to pick up high quality highly ranked guys. Now we have the luxury of taking ol in the 3rd round or a center in the 4Th. We can do edge wr and then even 2md get that center or lineman you want and he should be a pretty good player. Waiting on edge or wr I think is worse odds to not be happy at the end of the draft

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

1-1 followed by two consecutive penalties, an unblocked sack, and two drops.  

Zach is actually playing pretty loose.  There's free rushers in his face, but he's moving well and pushing the ball down the field.   

There's now been 5 drops in the first three drives.

This game really could've been different. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Next four plays after the pick: CMC, CMC, CMC, play action. 

Zach really looks good for how much heat he's under for his first every start.

Drops galore, but he's making plays.

Sam to Robby for 6. 

Zach was actually much better week 1 than he was weeks 2 and 3.  

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach was actually much better week 1 than he was weeks 2 and 3.  

He's completed every little swing pass so far.

That issue that's been beaten to death here, must've crept up sometime between week 2 and his returning from injury.  

I'll find it. 

Jets cut the lead to one score and they follow that up with two horrible drops (Davis really let him down this week) and a free rush sack on third down.

Moore having a tough first game too.  Two drops so far and then his two good plays were negated by penalties.