Zach Wilson continues traveling around country to work with his WRs, defends Denzel Mims

Team didn't get off the bus for the first quarter in Denver.

Defense looks bad, Zach ran backwards into a sack, the run blocking was nonexistent, and there were a couple drops.

Second quarter Zach heats up a bit hitting 4-5 passes in a row before Davis drops a pass on the ten yard line on third down.

Field goal is made, but there was a penalty that took the points away. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Braxton with back to back catches followed by another drop.  This time from Ty Johnson. 

Braxton with a beautiful 4th down grab.

They're going to put up some numbers next year!  

I watched this game and the Tampa game back to back last night. Forgot Braxton grabbed that 4th down play until seeing it again. He may be our next Chrebet style player. If Corey Davis can catch the damn ball he would be pretty good. Defense really needs LBs. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

I watched this game and the Tampa game back to back last night. Forgot Braxton grabbed that 4th down play until seeing it again. He may be our next Chrebet style player. If Corey Davis can catch the damn ball he would be pretty good. Defense really needs LBs. 

I'm waiting.

Shutterstock_12622867k.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Braxton is a smooth player that’s getting better. 
Hopefully Davis just had a bad year because Zach had been putting the ball in his hands.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Titans dominated the first third of this game on both sides of the ball.

Timely sacks and a lucky bad snap over Tannahill’s head held them to three field goals. 

Wilson really is a gunslinger.  Hopefully they didn’t coach that out of him. 

Those skipped passes and bad misses were never part of his history.  Something happened that screwed with his head.

I suspect he started thinking far too much, his head was spinning and he just started to tighten up.  It was def. bad for a while there but he pulled himself out of it.   i'm interested to hear when it starts too, I really can't remember.

I'm really enjoying your updates here, thanks.  It's fun!

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Ok, the Titan game wasn't really what I remembered. 

It truly was a rookie roller coaster of a game.  Zach was more bad than good, but his good was awesome. 

They should've lost this game.  

I've always remembered week 1 was his best game in that first quarter season.   Not stats, but just the way he played the game.  even his comfort level, the way he navigated the pocket etc..

As you said, TN was up and down and he showed why he can be a top 5 QB in the league - if he can figure out the other stuff - the hard part.  That natural talent is obvious, but the playing NFL QB - we still don't know if he can do that...

I think the sieve of the OL really messed with his head early....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Ok, the Titan game wasn't really what I remembered. 

It truly was a rookie roller coaster of a game.  Zach was more bad than good, but his good was awesome. 

They should've lost this game.  

Definitely not a clean game for Zach but probably one of the few games where he showed his touted big play ability.  It was the easy stuff that he struggled with - he had numerous opportunities to close out that game with simple accurate passes that he couldn’t deliver.  I think when he tried to clean that up in subsequent weeks it led to the skipped passes phases.

• Upvote 1