Put Your Name On It: KT Version

Put Your Name On It: KT Version  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you draft Kayvon Thibodeaux at 4?

We all see it on message boards all the time. People coming along after the fact and saying a pick was an obvious bust, or that it was crazy to pass on a guy. Most of the time, it's hindsight altering their memory.

So ... put your name on it now. If Thibs is there at 4 (and assuming Hutchinson is gone, but no other edges are), would you draft him? Or pass? 

JD needs this draft, he can't afford to pick someone at #4 who may or may not want to play,

Also, isn't he a little light for DE?   If we were playing a 3-4, he'd be ideal for an OLB, but doesn't he weight right around 250?  (I very much could be wrong,  I'm legitimately just asking)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

JD needs this draft, he can't afford to pick someone at #4 who may or may not want to play,

Also, isn't he a little light for DE?   If we were playing a 3-4, he'd be ideal for an OLB, but doesn't he weight right around 250?  (I very much could be wrong,  I'm legitimately just asking)

he weighed in at combine at 254 or 255... he's 6'4", bench 27 

I am not calling him Nick Bosa. but Bosa was 6'4" 265 performed 2 more reps on the bench at 29

Thib ran a 4.58 40... Bosa 4.79 - Thib arms 33 1/8" - Bosa 33" - very similar measurables

pro day numbers will be important here but seems like well worthy of that pick

could easily add 5-10lbs of muscle. I don't think there's any way you can pass on him at 4 overall if he's there. NFL is high risk on a lot of players. injuries, off-field, lack of desire. may or may not want to play, sure that could be a concern, him at 4 is a no brainer IMO. 

5 hours ago, Stark said:

he weighed in at combine at 254 or 255... he's 6'4", bench 27 

I am not calling him Nick Bosa. but Bosa was 6'4" 265 performed 2 more reps on the bench at 29

Thib ran a 4.58 40... Bosa 4.79 - Thib arms 33 1/8" - Bosa 33" - very similar measurables

pro day numbers will be important here but seems like well worthy of that pick

could easily add 5-10lbs of muscle. I don't think there's any way you can pass on him at 4 overall if he's there. NFL is high risk on a lot of players. injuries, off-field, lack of desire. may or may not want to play, sure that could be a concern, him at 4 is a no brainer IMO. 

Physically it’s all their except for the gumby-bend. If he can learn to hand fight and some counters and also be relentless he could be Bosa.

• Upvote 1

Feels too risky...  I think 2 or 3 of the teams in the division will be getting the ball out in under 2.3 seconds or relying on screens anyway... neutralizing impact of edge rushers in passing game.   I like Sauce at 4 and then edge at 10 - grabbing a player that can set the edge, relentless motor, and rush with variety of moves and counters... JJ or Karlaftis at 10.

A lot of people who are much smarter than me and have been right in the past are saying yes, so idk...im irrationally terrified of Oregon players, especially the dlineman, Bruckner not withstanding, and guys with motivation issues/weird personalities. He's still not worth the risk to me, but seeing some very smart people saying yes, guess that would kinda make me not totally hate it.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh is a soft touch and Thibodeaux will steamroll him. There’s a pervasive leadership vacuum  on the Jets and players like this exploit that vacuum. 

It's too bad Mosley isn't the vocal leader this team needs for all the money they're paying him.  

• Upvote 1