Football Outsiders on Garrett Wilson

maury77

17 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Well, you don't get off that easy.?

What WR would you personally want the Jets to draft? I get that you want to say that Drake is who Douglas is going to draft, but I think you also want the Jets to draft London. 

If not him, who? 

I personally am almost certain the Jets won't draft London. I don't think London goes in the Top 10. 

I want them to go offensive line tbh 

Force me to pick a wide out? Olave is probably the best one 

I also see the appeal of Pickens in Rd 2

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I want them to go offensive line tbh 

Force me to pick a wide out? Olave is probably the best one 

I also see the appeal of Pickens in Rd 2

Ikem Ekwonu at #4 would trigger most Jets fans.

I will never understand why OT is not a sexy enough pick for some. This is the heart and soul of your team. If Ekwonu slid to 22 I would be very ok with the Packers drafting him. Ikem at RT and Bakhtiari at LT is heaven.

As far as WRs, I now see the Saints getting Olave. Goodie for them.

I do also like Dotson from PSU. Best hands in the draft and it's not close. Would like the Pack to get him in the 2nd, but not sure he slides that far.

Not that you asked.?

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

Ikem Ekwonu at #4 would trigger most Jets fans.

I will never understand why OT is not a sexy enough pick for some. This is the heart and soul of your team. If Ekwonu slid to 22 I would be very ok with the Packers drafting him. Ikem at RT and Bakhtiari at LT is heaven.

As far as WRs, I now see the Saints getting Olave. Goodie for them.

I do also like Dotson from PSU. Best hands in the draft and it's not close. Would like the Pack to get him in the 2nd, but not sure he slides that far.

Not that you asked.?

The value of the 4 pick lines up with the elite linemen. 

I'm trying to see the value in drake because it's obvious they are going to pick him. Not that different from the Zach pick. They are transparent 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The value of the 4 pick lines up with the elite linemen. 

I'm trying to see the value in drake because it's obvious they are going to pick him. Not that different from the Zach pick. They are transparent 

At this point, I'd be surprised if they take a WR with one of the first two picks. I think it's gonna be some combo of Edge/CB/OT

29 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

McShay has no clue with Garrett Wilson to the Jets at #4. This is even less likely than the Jets drafting Drake London, that bitonti is guaranteeing.

They couldn't get a deal done for 35 and 38 and 69. They couldn't get a deal done for 10. I'm not sure what you think comes next but I can't really fault them for thinking it's 4.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:54 PM, jetstream23 said:

Understand your position, I just don't completely agree that this is the Draft where we can solve that problem unless the Jets make a trade for a veteran.

We already have a few #2/3 type WRs on this team, but not a #1 as you said.  Trading for a Tyreek Hill or a DK Metcalf solves that problem.  Taking Garrett Wilson or Drake London at #10 doesn't.  I agree that the goal is to support Wilson in his second year but I don't think a rookie WR from this class does that in 2022 as much as some people seem to think.  A Jamar Chase, a CeeDee Lamb, etc. would do that.  There just aren't really any guys like that in this class in my opinion (I know others completely disagree).  In fact, Elijah Moore would probably be a Top 15 pick in this Draft.

This is just an uneven group of WR prospects this year with nobody close to being a sure thing.  If a WR2 was the missing piece on the Jets then have at it... this would be a good time to add that player.  We already have some WR2's though.  We need the WR1 and I just don't think there's even a guy clearly better than Elijah Moore in this class.

Would rather see the Jets take the best guys available on the board at #4 and #10 (neither of which would include a WR) and then use some combination of the #35, #38, #69, etc. to trade up if they like a guy such as Olave, Burks, etc. who could be available outside the Top 10.

I'm warming up to Jameson Williams as our second first round pick - maybe move back a bit. I would like to see us grab Cooks in a trade before the draft. Chris Simms said he definitely puts Williams in the same group as last year's best receivers, Chase and Smith, and is better than Jeudy. I like his take because he actually knows how to break down a receiver's game in college based on HOW they are getting open and if it will translate based on their speed, explosiveness and route running ability.