Jameson Williams

FidelioJet

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

2nd round lol... he’s going top 15-16 latest 

I agree with this.

For me he was the top wr before the injury, they show film of him already moving around pretty freely and not looking gimpy.  If he does fall at all the team picking him will get a steal.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I agree with this.

For me he was the top wr before the injury, they show film of him already moving around pretty freely and not looking gimpy.  If he does fall at all the team picking him will get a steal.

He's certainly the closest thing to Tyreek Hill in this draft and given our interest there I'm sure he'll be under consideration.

If not for the injury he's a slam dunk, you just wonder with the pressure to win on the GM and HC if they'll be able to live with a guy who may not be ready by training camp.

Im all in on jamo at 10.. i can be patient to get a game changing threat.. just draft or sign another WR. To hold the fort down. Draft more ideal  double dip with a Guy like Pickens and u should be in good position after you move on from davis next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If not for the injury he's a slam dunk, you just wonder with the pressure to win on the GM and HC if they'll be able to live with a guy who may not be ready by training camp.

He's a WR, as opposed to say, neurosurgeon. I think he'll remember what a post route is, and run towards the correct end-zone after the catch.  If he receives a positive prognosis from our training staff, and is everything he's made out to be, they won't be worried about him missing the first month if need be.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Williams is def an option at 10 as we have enough receiving threats (Davis, Moore, Berrios, Uzhomah, Conky and Carter out of the backfield) to hold us over for a month or two until Williams is ready.

If we do draft Jameson Williams, lets thank Joe Douglas for putting us in position to do this by really putting together the solid receiving core that we have right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I don't think Douglas is going anywhere. I think he has far more job security than people think. The Jets have put up with really poor execs, and JD really isn't bad at all. Could his first draft and FA be looking better, yes (not being able to bring in players for visits and medicals didn't help). Past that his second draft and FA looks good. He hasn't blown up the cap, and he's brought in young players with potential as opposed to big contract retreads. He fired Gase, and brought in the flavor of the hiring cycle coaching candidate that people were happy about. Does it all have to come together? Of course. The Jets need a winning record this year, but I don't think JD will be fired, and if they win 8+ game with a very young team showing a lot of promise people will be quite happy with JD. 

I've been thinking the same thing too.  Even if Zach busts, I could see JD being given a chance to pick another QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

Im all in on jamo at 10.. i can be patient to get a game changing threat.. just draft or sign another WR. To hold the fort down. Draft more ideal  double dip with a Guy like Pickens and u should be in good position after you move on from davis next year.

Watson, Pierce, Dotson or Pickens with one of the 2nd rd picks... the other 2nd rd pick should be for Muma... unless we trade both those picks for Deebo. 😉

On 4/6/2022 at 11:37 PM, T0mShane said:

My main problem with the idea of picking Williams is really that Douglas probably doesn’t have enough job security to gamble on taking him. If I was the Packers or something, he’d be a great pick. For these Jets? Just can’t do it. I think missing so bad on Mims raises the stakes crazy high for Douglas to land the next one.

Isn't the converse also true?   Drafting  a guy like WIllaims gives you a built in excuse, like a rookie QB.  "Look at this great asset that we have that did not contribute to wins and losses because he was still learning the O!"  It extends the window. 

Funnier thing to me is that everybody sees Douglas as tied to WIlson as "his QB" but I don't see it that way.  Wilson was a financial decision.  They knew Darnold wasn't the one and tried again because they felt it was better to burn #2 on WIlson and save that cash.  Wilson does not have to turn out for that to be the correct move, though it will look much worse if Lance, Fields or Jones pans out. 

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The Jets need a winning record this year, but I don't think JD will be fired, and if they win 8+ game with a very young team showing a lot of promise people will be quite happy with JD. 

You are not getting eight wins out of this team against this schedule.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Isn't the converse also true?   Drafting  a guy like WIllaims gives you a built in excuse, like a rookie QB.  "Look at this great asset that we have that did not contribute to wins and losses because he was still learning the O!"  It extends the window. 

Funnier thing to me is that everybody sees Douglas as tied to WIlson as "his QB" but I don't see it that way.  Wilson was a financial decision.  They knew Darnold wasn't the one and tried again because they felt it was better to burn #2 on WIlson and save that cash.  Wilson does not have to turn out for that to be the correct move, though it will look much worse if Lance, Fields or Jones pans out. 

No chance Douglas survives if Wilson tanks, imo. If Wilson is still bad going into week six, the hammer of the NY media gods is going to rain down on Joe Douglas’ head, particularly if Daboll gets that Giants offense looking halfway decent right away. And then if Lawrence or Fields looks good? Fuhgeddaboutit

• Upvote 1

I don't see Williams as an option for us at 4 or 10. All healthy bodies are practicing and prepping for the season as we speak. Williams just got INJ in January. He'll probably be cleared in September. That'll be his conditioning and training camp. The organization would be graced if Wilson can connect with the WRs he's currently working with now in Arizona better yet someone who he'll have to wait til September to build chemistry with. Plus athletes aren't expected to return to form season one, back from their ACL tear. 

I wouldn't mind Williams, but as our 3rd selection in the draft. As folks have already said, that may have to come from a trade up. But staying put, just draft London at 10 if he's there. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No chance Douglas survives if Wilson tanks, imo. If Wilson is still bad going into week six, the hammer of the NY media gods is going to rain down on Joe Douglas’ head, particularly if Daboll gets that Giants offense looking halfway decent right away. And then if Lawrence or Fields looks good? Fuhgeddaboutit

He needs another plan, but I can certainly see him outlasting Wilson.  With all the QBs changing hands, I think they will be able to make a move for a guy (even a stiff like Jimmy G) that can keep them afloat and buy enough time to indicate they are the right guys for the job.  I don't discount what you are saying - the airplane banners and press can be pretty rough, but the guy seems to understand how it works.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I don't see Williams as an option for us at 4 or 10. All healthy bodies are practicing and prepping for the season as we speak. Williams just got INJ in January. He'll probably be cleared in September. That'll be his conditioning and training camp. The organization would be graced if Wilson can connect with the WRs he's currently working with now in Arizona better yet someone who he'll have to wait til September to build chemistry with. Plus athletes aren't expected to return to form season one, back from their ACL tear. 

I wouldn't mind Williams, but as our 3rd selection in the draft. As folks have already said, that may have to come from a trade up. But staying put, just draft London at 10 if he's there. 

I don’t see Williams in the plans either.  4 is edge, 10 could be wr or cb if gardener falls.  If they don’t go wilson or london at 10, i do see them trying to trade up to get olave.  But i don’t see douglas drafting the guy with the torn acl.

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Get the #1 WR and another RB and a swing tackle in rd. 3-5 & I guarantee this kid will take a big step forward in year two. Too much arm talent and ability to avoid sacks. 

Never sold on Sammy but ZW post injury performance has me hopeful. I know Sam had the same M. O. at the end of the season. 
Different vibe

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The Jets need a winning record this year, but I don't think JD will be fired, and if they win 8+ game with a very young team showing a lot of promise people will be quite happy with JD. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You are not getting eight wins out of this team against this schedule.

Barring ties, 8 wins isn't even a .500 record anymore (let alone "winning record").  I don't see how the Jets get to 9 wins this year but I'm definitely willing to hope they'll surprise us (in a good way for once).  Need some of that "that's why they play the games" to rub off on this franchise.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned…

JW also plays gunner and returner on special teams. You don’t see many diva wide receivers running down the field on kick offs to make a tackle, or returning kickoffs, but here the kid is doing all of it. 

Saban says he loves playing ball. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:32 AM, FidelioJet said:

Passing on Williams will be a massive mistake by this franchise.

I think it's clear JD values speed, I believe Williams will be the pick at 10 (if he's there)

I just can’t get past how he blew his knee out untouched. I know it happens. However for a player that is special because of his legs, it seems extremely risky hoping it doesn’t happen again to his other leg. His legs are rail thin. At least not at #10. JMO.  

On 4/15/2022 at 10:20 AM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

People discard Jameson Williams due to the injury and he is already doing some light drills and looking good.

Same people want drake london who can't run a 40 due to his broken ankle or hammy or whatever is wrong with him.

I'd take Williams over London all day every day.....and twice on sundays.

Williams gets open, leaves opponents in the dust and can take a 5 yard pass to the house.  London out jumps people for the ball.

Williams played in the SEC loaded with great defensive players.  London played in the putrid pac 12

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I just can’t get past how he blew his knee out untouched. I know it happens. However for a player that is special because of his legs, it seems extremely risky hoping it doesn’t happen again to his other leg. His legs are rail thin. At least not at #10. JMO.  

I totally get it, I really do...

But, IMO, he's a legitimate game changing type player.  When we talk about how teams win championships with Impact players.  His talent has the ability to be that type of guy.

I just don't get that from Wilson and while I like London I don't see him taking over games either (would rather London over Wilson)

I would rather roll the dice on Williams...