Thibs Talk Heating Up all over the place.

Essentially every draft show I watch or listen to mentions this guy to the Jets at 4.

Question for the guys that watch this guy more than me......

... Is it possible he is Vernon Gholston II ?

He looks stiff to me.

That is all . .  . thanks.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 2

Yea, Ive said this, but anytime you see that much piling on negative buzz… a percentage of it has to be teams hoping he slips to them. 
I think he’s gone early, as was always the expectation.
So ... Goodbye Mr Thibs?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

Take this however u want !! One of the football media guys I privately message says it’s going to thibs or sauce ! He gave me the BeCton pick and wilson pick way beforehand. He close with joe and hasn’t steered me wrong yet 

Connor Hughes has been saying Saleh wants Thibodeaux for awhile now. Apparently, Saleh has no issue with Thib’s vast personality defects.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

Take this however u want !! One of the football media guys I privately message says it’s going to thibs or sauce ! He gave me the BeCton pick and wilson pick way beforehand. He close with joe and hasn’t steered me wrong yet 

So basically its Thibs and if Thibs isn’t there its Sauce.

I like Sauce and the pick is better than a safety or idl but would really prefer J Williams or G Wilson at 4 and Edge at 10 over corner at 4.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

So basically its Thibs and if Thibs isn’t there its Sauce.

I like Sauce and the pick is better than a safety or idl but would really prefer J Williams or G Wilson at 4 and Edge at 10 over corner at 4.

So if they go cb at 4, then at 10 they go edge and it’s a pretty boring draft.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can vouch for Cbucco, fwiw.  We’ve spoken and I know who he speaks to.  It’s as legitimate as you can get.

I don’t want you to get roasted like I did last year so all I will add is that if I were a betting man, Thibs would be a guy I consider very strongly when it comes to betting on the Jets selection, at least based on what I’ve heard.  A lot can happen from now until draft day, but we’ll see.  Shared this in the JN discord so it only feels right breaking my silence and adding it to the main board as well.

Have you heard who they're looking at 10 if they draft Thibs?  

Sauce/Karlaftis

Thibs/ ? 

44 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Essentially every draft show I watch or listen to mentions this guy to the Jets at 4.

Question for the guys that watch this guy more than me......

... Is it possible he is Vernon Gholston II ?

He looks stiff to me.

That is all . .  . thanks.

Let.menanswer ot this way

Nobody is saying he is a can't miss prospect.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Have you heard who they're looking at 10 if they draft Thibs?  

Sauce/Karlaftis

Thibs/ ? 

If we still own the 10th pick on draft day, I believe it will be WR or CB.  Heard a little bit about OL, but I think it will be one of the other two.

• Upvote 4

Good looking out but to be fair....everyone saw Wilson coming and Becton wasn't too hard of a guess based on the needs of the teams in front of us. Barring a trade I don't see him falling to us and honestly I'm not even sure I mind.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

If we still own the 10th pick on draft day, I believe it will be WR or CB.  Heard a little bit about OL, but I think it will the other two.

Interesting. 

Possible corner at 10 even though Sauce will be off the board and they signed Reed?

I think I hate it, lol. 

• Upvote 2

It seems that Jermaine Johnson is in play at #4.  If the Jets are hell bent on a edge rusher, then one of the top 3 will be there at #4.  Hutch, Thibs or Johnson.

All 3 should be gone by the #10 pick.  If you take 2 WR's off the board, as well as 2 tackles, and a QB, then you have Sauce, the #3 wide receiver rounding out your top 10 picks.

Outside of the QB, the Jets should be in a good spot at #10.

• Upvote 3

With college kids making big dollars licensing their image as students now, the brand stuff really comes down to a smart guy planning a life after football 
I was disappointed he left the combine tho

Yeah the branding thing doesn't bother me. It's the leaving early thing. I can't decide of he left because he doesn't feel like he has anything left to prove and doesn't want to get hurt

or

he didn't want a bad showing against his competitors and was afraid it would hurt his draft stock.

• Upvote 1

I can vouch for Cbucco, fwiw.  We’ve spoken and I know who he speaks to.  It’s as legitimate as you can get.
I don’t want you to get roasted like I did last year so all I will add is that if I were a betting man, Thibs would be a guy I consider very strongly when it comes to betting on the Jets selection, at least based on what I’ve heard.  A lot can happen from now until draft day, but we’ll see.  Shared this in the JN discord so it only feels right breaking my silence and adding it to the main board as well.
JN Discord?

31 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

What about the plan for 10?

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

It seems that Jermaine Johnson is in play at #4.  If the Jets are hell bent on a edge rusher, then one of the top 3 will be there at #4.  Hutch, Thibs or Johnson.

All 3 should be gone by the #10 pick.  If you take 2 WR's off the board, as well as 2 tackles, and a QB, then you have Sauce, the #3 wide receiver rounding out your top 10 picks.

Outside of the QB, the Jets should be in a good spot at #10.

Please post one mock draft that has Johnson being drafted ahead of Walker.

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

So if they go cb at 4, then at 10 they go edge and it’s a pretty boring draft.

Yeah I get the logic behind it, corner and edge are both considered premium positions.

I’m just not a fan of taking corners in the 1st l, unless that’s the last piece to contending.

Corners prime years are akin to running backs and burn out fast…although Saleh’s defense doesn’t ask them to do the whole man coverage thing.

I just would rather see EDGE + WR or EDGE + OT in the first.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lol, I wouldn’t be positive that Sauce will definitely be gone hence why “CB” is an option.  He probably will, in which case, I think it will be WR.  This is all assuming that we still own this pick on draft day though.

That makes more sense.

Thibs/Sauce or WR 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Any thoughts on it leaning London or Wilson, or Someone else?

Honestly?  I’m still trying to figure that out.  The lack of things I’ve heard about Wilson makes it a hard read when I get information because I don’t know if it’s something being held close to the vest, or if the team just doesn’t care for him.  I’ve heard good things about London.  Personally, I’m not sure I would go London over Wilson though.

• Upvote 3