Thibs Talk Heating Up all over the place.

This is what I don’t like about this draft:

Of the top players, who do we think we will solid NFL players, not busts?  Ekwenu, Neal, Cross.  Hamilton probably.  Sauce.  Stingley if healthy.   Devon Lloyd.   Garrett Wilson will be an NFL receiver.  We are not sure about London.  Williams has injury risk.

Who are the Jets going to draft?  At 4 they could conceivably take a chance on Kayvon.  He could bust o be a headache. 

At 10, Wilson is gone.  Do they take London over Lloyd?  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

After investing in dline for 15 years we are using two top 10 picks on dine.

Douglas should be fired if he does this.

Jordan davis on the jets would play like 50% of the snaps.  Even our big edge player we are drafting will play like 60% maybe. 

I will go off the deep end if we draft davis.  Oh he is a good player for what he does but dline pluggers are not worthy of top 10 picks.  Especially the way the jets play defense.  Davis would be a waste on this team.

I think JD and Saleh value building thru the trenches. Plus we couldn’t stop the run for anything last year. Don’t be surprised if 2 of our high picks are allocated to the defensive line

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yup, there was a thread a few days ago with a link to join!  It was set up by @Dcat

thread terminated.  discord is still there and it's for everyone.  Definitely not a "JN" Discord.  Hoping JN sets up its own and profits off it.  Meantime, my Jetsfan who like to chat Discord is open.   I hope people use it.   It's for anyone, not just JN Jets fans.  Rest assured i'll be on multiple platforms during the draft.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

thread terminated.  discord is still there and it's for everyone.  Definitely not a "JN" Discord.  Hoping JN sets up its own and profits off it.  Meantime, my Jetsfan who like to chat Discord is open.   I hope people use it.   It's for anyone, not just JN Jets fans.  Rest assured i'll be on multiple platforms during the draft.  

My bad for labeling it that, just assumed is all!

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think JD and Saleh value building thru the trenches. Plus we couldn’t stop the run for anything last year. Don’t be surprised if 2 of our high picks are allocated to the defensive line

We can;t stop the run because our dline have 3 yard splits between them and our lbs line up 12 yards back.

• Post of the Week 2

I told yall this a month ago ..  when yall was hyping up walker and his military parents..

jets dont give sh*t that thibs has high importance on his brand.. yall seem to  forget Saleh is big on getting his players paid said it a few times last offseason . So im not sure why this would be problem with jets FO

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I can vouch for Cbucco, fwiw.  We’ve spoken and I know who he speaks to.  It’s as legitimate as you can get.

I don’t want you to get roasted like I did last year so all I will add is that if I were a betting man, Thibs would be a guy I consider very strongly when it comes to betting on the Jets selection, at least based on what I’ve heard.  A lot can happen from now until draft day, but we’ll see.  Shared this in the JN Discord so it only feels right breaking my silence and adding it to the main board as well.

How did you get roasted last year?

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Essentially every draft show I watch or listen to mentions this guy to the Jets at 4.

Question for the guys that watch this guy more than me......

... Is it possible he is Vernon Gholston II ?

He looks stiff to me.

That is all . .  . thanks.

I guess KT is Gholston 2.0 the same way Josh Allen was going to be Hackenberg 2.0 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Everything negative I have seen about Thibs boils down to "the interview" and "leaving the combine early". 

I actually watched the interview and am not parroting what I read elsewhere.  I thought I saw a handsome, articulate and well-dressed young man conduct an interview with the national press at the age of 21.   He spoke clearly and without emotion.  His clumsy attempt to tout his academic achievement led him to slight Alabama - a dumb comment to be sure.  But hardly a reason to knock him as a prospect.

As for the combine, LOTS of players left early because the SCHEDULING was a DISASTER.  Nobody could keep to any sort of schedule.  Read about it.  Nevertheless, he has since turned in his pro day.  He did the missing three cone drill and short shuttle.  His times are fine.  Did he turn in a three cone drill like Hutch?  NO.  Was his score good?  Yes.  And unlike Hutch, Thibs has length and can convert speed to power. 

To me it comes down to this. 

Hutch and some of the others could turn out to be one of the Watt or Bosa brothers.  Thibs could turn out to be Lawrence Taylor.  Really.  If you are going to knock the guy, at least be fair and give an honest comparison to the type of NFL football player he projects to be.

And yes.  I am well aware "that the bus station is filled the the next Lawrence Taylor".   But that is his upside and the reason for all the hype.  Personally, I was surprised to see an articulate young man.  I had imagined a different sort of person emerging from his "number 1" prospect status.  The world has been waiting outside his door since he graduated from high school.

Thanks, very helpful for those of us who didn’t watch the interview.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Of the top players, who do we think we will solid NFL players, not busts?  Ekwenu, Neal, Cross.  Hamilton probably.  Sauce.  Stingley if healthy.   Devon Lloyd.   Garrett Wilson will be an NFL receiver.  We are not sure about London.  Williams has injury risk.

Who are the Jets going to draft?  At 4 they could conceivably take a chance on Kayvon.  He could bust o be a headache. 

I really like Lloyd.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Connor Hughes has been saying Saleh wants Thibodeaux for awhile now. Apparently, Saleh has no issue with Thib’s vast personality defects.

Because Saleh knows his job is on the line next season and if the defense looks soft as mush again like it did last year and the team doesn’t win more than 5 games he’s gone no matter what happy talk woody says this summer

So he better draft the best defensive player possible 

Connor Hughes has been saying Saleh wants Thibodeaux for awhile now. Apparently, Saleh has no issue with Thib’s vast personality defects.

Because Saleh knows his job is on the line next season and if the defense looks soft as mush again like it did last year and the team doesn’t win more than 5 games he’s gone no matter what happy talk woody says this summer

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Jets X-Factor did a good analytics article that points to London having the most NFL translatable skills.

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Lloyd isnt in play for the jets at all in rd 1..  and im not saying the wont draft wilson. But the rumblings is there looking for different kinda of profile.. some thing they don’t have like one with elite speed or elite size. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

if you think Wilson is the best WR and he will be gone at 10 then take him at 4. why not? cause it would be a reach? we got to stop with that stuff. if you really like Wilson then get him.

whats better, overreaching for the best WR in the draft or.....

drafting a 3rd OT that forces a trade of Becton....and eventually AVT cause we wont have the crazy money to pay them both in a few years..

drafting a Saftey that will want 20 mil a year that we wont pay in 5 years....

or a CB who will force either Hall or MC2 , 2 good young CBs to the bench or traded.?

any pick that forces one of the few players we have to be traded cause there too good to go to the bench is a bad, bad move.

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

So basically its Thibs and if Thibs isn’t there its Sauce.

I like Sauce and the pick is better than a safety or idl but would really prefer J Williams or G Wilson at 4 and Edge at 10 over corner at 4.

They can do both. Thibs or Sauce at 4 and London/Wilson/Williams at 10. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Think about it from JD's perspective...this could be his last top 10 draft for the next decade. For the rest of his career possibly.

There are only 3 players that almost always come from this range: QB, Edge, LT.

We have 2 top 10 picks. We're getting 2 out of those 3.

There’s 0 chance he’s drafting an olineman 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Last year plenty of attacks came my way because of things that I relayed, which didn’t jive with what people wanted to hear.  One person called me something like a “Joe Douglas ball-gargling jock sniffer”

Never understood how people actually get mad enough to attack others on any site lol. Insane.

And the bolded is some weak 1980s meathead insult. If they’re coming at you, you at least expect some real smoke lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, derp said:

He compared himself to Clowney, who is in demand as a player but has never had a double digit sack year as a pro. Perhaps that comparison is apt. I think you’re getting someone on that level or Ziggy Ansah who had a couple double digit sack years. Don’t think it’ll be a Garrett, Mack, Miller, Bosa, Watt level of pass rush production. Think he plays a while because he has to in order to do to what he wants off the field.

I think Ansah and Cliff Avril are good comps for KT. He will be a perennial 8-12 sack guy unless he learns to use his hands better or chain moves. I do think he has some untapped potential because Oregon would move him around a lot and he did not get as many attempts to pin his ears back and rush as I expected when I watched his tape. 

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

We went from being friendly on this forum, to him going on a tirade, attacking me personally along the way, so he could defend the, now, Chicago Bears QB that he so desperately wanted, as if I was the one who made the friggin’ pick.  

For the record, I viciously attack your balls-gargling for reasons completely unrelated to Justin Fields. 

• Haha 2