Thibs Talk Heating Up all over the place.

14 hours ago, Cbucco19 said:

Take this however u want !! One of the football media guys I privately message says it’s going to thibs or sauce ! He gave me the BeCton pick and wilson pick way beforehand. He close with joe and hasn’t steered me wrong yet 

So, I guess you'll be out of the loop sooner that later if this is true. ?

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

After investing in dline for 15 years we are using two top 10 picks on dine.

Douglas should be fired if he does this.

Jordan davis on the jets would play like 50% of the snaps.  Even our big edge player we are drafting will play like 60% maybe. 

I will go off the deep end if we draft davis.  Oh he is a good player for what he does but dline pluggers are not worthy of top 10 picks.  Especially the way the jets play defense.  Davis would be a waste on this team.

Past drafts when he wasn’t here should have 0 bearing on his future moves. 

How does Leo, Sheldon, Wilkerson have anything to do with how he wants to build this team? It shouldn’t whatsoever. 

Maybe he doesn’t like Q? Who knows and his contract year is coming up quick and will ask for big $$

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, Cbucco19 said:

Take this however u want !! One of the football media guys I privately message says it’s going to thibs or sauce ! He gave me the BeCton pick and wilson pick way beforehand. He close with joe and hasn’t steered me wrong yet 

Breaking new!
I’m not “a football guy” but I could’ve told you this two months ago.

P.S. he gave you Zach the Wilson pick? Wow, this guy is really clued in. Nobody saw us taking him last year. ?

#water is wet

• Thumb Down 4

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have invested in the dline for 15 years and have been garbage for most of that time.

There is only one aaron donald and unless you are getting an awesome pass rusher don;t bother in todays nfl.

If douglas drafts two dline at 4 and then 10 he is as dumb as our previous gms and we have no hope at all.

Would you value a CB > DL? I think this regime would prefer the DL. I would be surprised if they took the CB instead of double dipping at dline 

Betting Markets currently have it as

1. Hutch

2. Walker

3. Ekwonu

4. Thibs

So, the betting markets agree. Not what I would do but I'd be excited.

My ideal draft is Sauce at 4, Wilson at 10, and then jump back into the first using 35 and 69 to get to the early 20's and grab one of Karlaftis or Mafe. One of those guys will be there.

• Sympathy 1

Betting Markets currently have it as
1. Hutch
2. Walker
3. Ekwonu
4. Thibs
So, the betting markets agree. Not what I would do but I'd be excited.
My ideal draft is Sauce at 4, Wilson at 10, and then jump back into the first using 35 and 69 to get to the early 20's and grab one of Karlaftis or Mafe. One of those guys will be there.
I'd prefer Thibs over a guy that plays so far off the ball as a CB. But I can see the upside to Sauce too.
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Larz said:

With college kids making big dollars licensing their image as students now, the brand stuff really comes down to a smart guy planning a life after football 

I was disappointed he left the combine tho

Its funny b/c while I don't think either is a big deal as long as he commits himself to improving his game and performing on the field, I do mind the 'branding' thing more than leaving the combine b/c it can end up being a real distraction, even if you never meant it to. Leaving the combine when you already pretty much proved you are a top tier prospect doesn't matter to me. I'm sure he had his reasons. 

1 hour ago, Cbucco19 said:

To be fair this is not true . Beginning of February people still thought we were keeping Darnold . 2nd people are still assuming we are taking ikem also . But WAtever I’m not here to break news . Just wanted to share what he told me . 

My apology if that came off worse than I meant it to. I appreciate you taking it so much better than some of the little flowers here. 

Edited by Green Ghost

18 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

@Mogglez PLEASE don't let the misguided posts of a few deter you from posting information and insights that you have access to. I appreciate your efforts and I am sure the vast majority of us on this board appreciate your efforts.

Do not lose sight of the fact that this is not real life, but is the internetz. Pay no mind to those who criticize.

Hang Up Goodbye GIF by TV Land Classic

To be fair this is not true . Beginning of February people still thought we were keeping Darnold . 2nd people are still assuming we are taking ikem also . But WAtever I’m not here to break news . Just wanted to share what he told me . 

god i hope we dont pick an OL for a 3rd year in a row. cause then JD has no idea what he is doing.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

My apology if that came off worse than I meant it to. I appreciate you taking it so much better than some of the little flowers here. 

Oh it’s ok !! I’m not trying to break news lol . I just want to know who we are interested in . I’ll just say it’s coming from a guy that makes awesome breakdown videos on twitter around the League 

• Upvote 1

I was listening to Daniel Jeremiah’s move the sticks podcast and he said “ I spoke with a PAC 12 offensive coordinator and simply asked if they had to game plan for KT, and the guy responded “nope, just get your hands on him and fight him, don’t give him the first step” keep in mind these are PAC 12 tackles and not many right now are really big names or are NFL talents… just want to hear your thoughts 

• Upvote 2

Oh it’s ok !! I’m not trying to break news lol . I just want to know who we are interested in . I’ll just say it’s coming from a guy that makes awesome breakdown videos on twitter around the League 

Brian Baldinger?

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because the picks on the DL were garbage.

You have to have a pass rush to win in this league, and especially in this system.  

Should we also avoid drafting WRs in the 1st because the last quality WR taken in the 1st by this franchise was Santana Moss?  How about avoiding drafting a CB because of Kyle Wilson and Dee Milliner?

Did you read my other  comments?  Yes we need a pass rush, edge defender, people want to draft Davis at 10 (not a pass rusher) and a guy who had 6 last year and is not a pass rusher.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Did you read my other  comments?  Yes we need a pass rush, edge defender, people want to draft Davis at 10 (not a pass rusher) and a guy who had 6 last year and is not a pass rusher.

Who wants Davis at 10?  One person out of the 100s of mock drafts? 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have invested in the dline for 15 years and have been garbage for most of that time.

There is only one aaron donald and unless you are getting an awesome pass rusher don;t bother in todays nfl.

If douglas drafts two dline at 4 and then 10 he is as dumb as our previous gms and we have no hope at all.

There’s a big difference between investing high picks in 3-4 dl and 4-3 dl. Guys in a 3-4 generally aren’t great at rushing the passer and that’s not their main assignment all of the time which is why it’s dumb to constantly draft 3-4 ends in the draft instead of edge. 

thread terminated.  discord is still there and it's for everyone.  Definitely not a "JN" Discord.  Hoping JN sets up its own and profits off it.  Meantime, my Jetsfan who like to chat Discord is open.   I hope people use it.   It's for anyone, not just JN Jets fans.  Rest assured i'll be on multiple platforms during the draft.  
Kool...how do I find it? I'm kind of new to Discord

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

5 hours ago, Prepare 2 Takeoff said:

I was listening to Daniel Jeremiah’s move the sticks podcast and he said “ I spoke with a PAC 12 defensive coordinator and simply asked if they had to game plan for KT, and the guy responded “nope, just get your hands on him and fight him, don’t give him the first step” keep in mind these are PAC 12 tackles and not many right now are really big names or are NFL talents… just want to hear your thoughts 

Why would a D coordinator need to game plan against KT? 

• Haha 1